SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Höglund & Sons - Mark II Mechanical Chronograph Collection

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Höglund & Sons - Mark II Mechanical Chronograph Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

Brandon Hoglund (aka @bhoglund) of Höglund & Sons has released a Mark II of their chronograph, now featuring a mechanical movement via Kickstarter. Their previous campaign was successful and the Mark I did get posted several times on the main deals thread following.

Kickstarter pricing is $249
Regular price will be $349

Estimated delivery is April 2022

Following the success of the Höglund & Sons Mark I Chronograph on Kickstarter, I wanted to create a fully mechanical version of this mecha-quartz chronograph. Thus, the Höglund & Sons Mark II Mechanical Chronograph was born. Like the Mark I, the Mark II incorporates features from some of my favorite features out of the over 500 watches I have reviewed on my watch review YouTube channel, WatchesOnYou. One such feature that holds a personal significance to me is the pulsometer scale. As a current first year medical student, I wanted to incorporate a unique feature related to my career aspirations to become a physician. Given that I regularly practice taking pulses on patients, I thought that including a pulsometer scale on the dial of the Mark II would both make this task easier and serve to further differentiate this watch from other chronographs which more commonly have tachymeter scales. I hope you enjoy the unique features that this watch offers and please reach out to me if you have any questions.

The Mark II is available in three colorways - White Panda, Reverse Panda, and Blue/Black

Watch review of the Mark II from Brandon's WatchesOnYou channel:

Specs:

- Movement: Hand-Winding Seagull ST 1901 Column Wheel Chronograph
- Case: 316L Stainless Steel
- Diameter: 40mm
- Lug to lug: 48.5mm
- Lug width: 20mm
- Crystal: Sapphire Crystal and Caseback
- Scale: Pulsometer Scale
- Lume: Indices and Hands
- Water Resistance: 50m
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
BATMAN
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Höglund & Sons - Mark II Mechanical Chronograph Collection

Post by BATMAN »

The blue looks good

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Höglund & Sons - Mark II Mechanical Chronograph Collection

Post by MoT »

BATMAN wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:38 pm The blue looks good

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Agree, it's quite attractive. Best of luck to @bhoglund.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Dius
MoT Member

Post by Dius »

Glad to see the switch to white hands on the black sub dials, still a miss with the white sub dials silver hands.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Höglund & Sons - Mark II Mechanical Chronograph Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

To follow up, this Kickstarter campaign was

SUCCESSFUL

28 backers pledged $9,035 to help bring this project to life.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find