We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Praesidus Watch Co - Vince Speranza Edition A-11 Automatic

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Praesidus Watch Co - Vince Speranza Edition A-11 Automatic

Post by TheJohnP »

Praesidus Watch Co, "out of Chicago" and part of the Montrichard Group, have launched their first Kickstarter campaign for their second model, the Vince Speranza Edition A-11 Automatic. Though this is their first Kickstarter, they had done preorders directly through their site for their debut, the Tom Rice Edition A-11 Automatic.

I've been in marketing for the bulk of my career and this campaign makes me throw up a little in my mouth with how much they're overusing their ambiguous ties to WWII veterans.

VIP Package pricing with an NH35 was about $275 SOLD OUT
Early Bird pricing is about $298
Kickstarter pricing is about $329
Regular price will be about $483

VIP Package pricing with a STP1-11 is about $423 SOLD OUT
Early Bird pricing is about $446
Kickstarter pricing is about $483
Regular price will be about $736

Estimated delivery is October 2022

After the successful launch of our Tom Rice A-11 in 2019, we have continued our mission of working with veterans to share their legendary stories. This led us to Vince Speranza, a WW2 veteran of the 101st Airborne Division. Since then, we’ve been working on developing a watch fit for the hero: the A-11 Vince Speranza Edition.

Vince made a name for himself at the Battle of the Bulge as a machine-gunner, manning an M1919. He was part of the heroic defense of the Belgium city of Bastogne.

Created in honor of the fallen heroes and veterans who fought and resisted against all odds at the Battle of the Bulge, we are proud to present our A-11 Vince Speranza Edition. Assembled in the USA

For the Vince Speranza Edition A-11, you have the option of 38mm or 42mm and choice between a NH35 or STP1-11 movement.

Specs:

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Praesidus Watch Co - Vince Speranza Edition A-11 Automatic

Post by TheJohnP »

The caseback is probably the most unique piece on our A-11 Vince Speranza Edition. First off, we’ve got many questions about the bullet and its impact on comfort. Rest assured, we’ve tested it out over multiple weeks with no issues whatsoever to our wrists. Also, a diverse panel of Bloggers and YouTubers have received samples and highlighted that the watch was comfortable on their wrists.

Indeed, we went for an original design featuring a down-sized 30.cal bullet on the case-back at Vince’s request. We’ve also added markings that tell the story behind the A-11 watch and, make sure that the sacrifices made by our veterans are never forgotten.
Click Icon To Contact Me

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Praesidus Watch Co - Vince Speranza Edition A-11 Automatic

Post by watchpalooza »

Uh….wow.

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Praesidus Watch Co - Vince Speranza Edition A-11 Automatic

Post by TheJohnP »

To follow up, this Kickstarter campaign was

SUCCESSFUL

111 backers pledged €34,577 to help bring this project to life.
Click Icon To Contact Me