We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SOLD OUT: Brand Direct: Halios - Seaforth B

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

pgcity
MoT Member

Re: Preorder: Seaforth B

Post by pgcity »

Robotaz wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:02 pm I like Jason, but I don’t play the Halios game anymore. Got better things to do than watch Instagram tapping my fingers over a watch.
Yes agreed. shouldn't be so difficult to buy a watch, This update was via email. Nothing on website or instagram on it so far.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: SOLD OUT: Brand Direct: Halios - Seaforth B

Post by yinzburgher »

Sampson
MoT Member

Post by Sampson »

About 2 weeks ago I got an email invite to purchase seaforth bronze. Very excited. Take my money 👍
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Received this in email today:

DAY, SEPTEMBER 25 2019

Hello all,

I'll cut to the chase, I'll just spit it out, I'll get to the point: we will not be able to complete production and begin shipping by the end of September.

I have had to break news of delays countless times before but it never gets any less stressful for everyone. I am very sorry for any inconvenience and disappointment this may cause! My guess is that we will need an additional 3 weeks at minimum, but please do not take this to mean that I will be ready to begin shipping in 3 weeks. I will send out another email update on October 14, unless I have progress to report before then.

Which brings us to the part where I attempt to distract you from the delays with other news (I am uncertain if the photos to the left help or make the wait more frustrating, but here we are):

PASSPORT / WATCH POUCH
I've been working on new packaging for this year's lineup. The Seaforth Bronze will be the first to be shipped in a new zippered leather pouch that will feature slots for one passport-sized item, one watch and one strap. Soft Italian nappa leather for the outer shell, Italian nubuck for the interior. The final version is slightly different but the first photo on the left sidebar is a pretty good representation of what to expect.

PLASTIC-FREE, MORE ECO-MINDED PACKAGING
Beginning this year, if something is not: a) recyclable; b) compostable; or c) reusable, I will consider other options to ensure that HALIOS does its part in trying not to create more unnecessary waste.

STRAPS
Your Seaforth Bronze will ship on a (borderline life-changing) rubber strap, but I will also be including an extra strap with extra bronze buckle.

I will be more fastidious in keeping you all updated as we enter this proverbial home stretch. Thank you VERY much for the patience - I absolutely cannot wait to get these on your wrists.

Regards,
Jason

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Bummer for those waiting on the B. Also probably means those of us interested in the Universa or Fairwind are probably not getting our watches in 2019.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Boourns wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:16 am Bummer for those waiting on the B. Also probably means those of us interested in the Universa or Fairwind are probably not getting our watches in 2019.
or you could say that the remaining 50% which is not paid yet can be used to fund something else in the meantime. :D
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

I’ve drifted away from Halios. Jason has gone to smaller dressier designs that just don’t sing to me. Plus, I don’t do preorders or sitting on the edge of the seat anymore, refreshing a purchase page over and over. I did that ONCE. lol
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

3rd email update:
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 2019

Hi folks,

A brief update, as well as more insight for you into the reason for the delays. The main culprit is our lovely sunburst dials - I decided to scrap a large percentage of them due to minute irregularities in the surface of the lacquer coatings. As such, they are in the process of being re-made.

I am now organizing production into small batches instead of waiting for the entire run to be completed. I will be shipping out small quantities of watches at a time, every few weeks. I think this will be the the best bet in minimizing your wait. I will have the first small batch ready to ship in around 10 days, up to and including order #4718. If your order number falls into this range, please look out for a payment completion email shortly.

However, I cannot tell you that the whole process will go quickly for the rest of the orders, nor can I offer a reliable shipping schedule right now - it may be best to expect a worst-case scenario of a late November completion to avoid (further) disappointment. As soon as I have any scheduling news to report, or if I'm able to figure out a cadence, I will be sure to update you.

NB: any lofty eco-goals will also have to be postponed as the compostable shipping inserts are delayed as well. I won't delay the pre-order further on account of this, so please be warned that you may have to suffer a tiny bit more plastic for now.

I'll be in touch soon. And thank you again!

Regards,
Jason
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Surely he’s not selling almost 5000 of a model.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Robotaz wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:34 pm Surely he’s not selling almost 5000 of a model.

Maybe he's sold close to 5,000 total up to now?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

TheJohnP wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:34 pm Surely he’s not selling almost 5000 of a model.

Maybe he's sold close to 5,000 total up to now?
At $725 that’s $3.6M
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

I think John means he's sold almost 5k Halios watches total in the history of the company. That makes more sense to me.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

4th and final email update:

Greetings,

Your Seaforth Bronze will be ready to ship in 10 - 14 days. You will find the link to complete your remainder payment below.

Once your watch ships, you will receive a notification email with your tracking number. USA and international orders are shipped via DHL and Canadian orders are shipped via FedEx. You will be able to input a new shipping address when you complete your order.

If you have any concerns or requests relating to your order, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Jason Lim
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

If anyone is interested in one of these send an email to Jason at Halios. I just sent payment for an unclaimed one and apparently there are a few more.

https://halioswatches.com/blogs/journal ... al-invites