We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SOLD OUT: Brand Direct: Halios - Seaforth B

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

pgcity
MoT Member

SOLD OUT: Brand Direct: Halios - Seaforth B

Post by pgcity »

Preorders/lottery for slot signup ending on SUNDAY, JUNE 16 AT 8 PM PDT (GMT -7). $685.00 + shipping(Free within Canada, $25 to USA, $65 to rest of world)

Details below:

https://halioswatches.com/blogs/journal ... n-date-tba

https://halioswatches.com/products/seaforth-b
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: Preorder: Seaforth B

Post by Boourns »

No signups yet for the fairwind or universa right? I signed up for updates on both but haven't received anything.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Sign up has been open for a while now for all 3 watches but the Seaforth B is closing on the mentioned date. Once it's closed, I guess we'll start hearing of people being lucky to get a slot since it's going to be a lottery. Not sure how it will work out but will see soon enough.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Did anybody in this forum get the slot? Seen a bunch of reports of people getting their pre-order signup on other forum.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

pgcity wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:53 am Did anybody in this forum get the slot? Seen a bunch of reports of people getting their pre-order signup on other forum.
I was signed up but I wasn't so lucky. I would have probably preferred the bronze with blue dial to my current Seaforth. And I doubt I'll be picking one up on the secondary market anytime soon as I imagine prices will be way too high on resales for quite some time. I'll be looking elsewhere for my bronze fix.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

yinzburgher wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:14 pm
pgcity wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:53 am Did anybody in this forum get the slot? Seen a bunch of reports of people getting their pre-order signup on other forum.
I was signed up but I wasn't so lucky. I would have probably preferred the bronze with blue dial to my current Seaforth. And I doubt I'll be picking one up on the secondary market anytime soon as I imagine prices will be way too high on resales for quite some time. I'll be looking elsewhere for my bronze fix.
No luck either. Maybe the next run.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

I got lucky today. This will be my first Halios, first bronze and specifically CuSN6 not 8 which seems to be more common.
sea1.jpg
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

pgcity wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:43 am I got lucky today. This will be my first Halios, first bronze and specifically CuSN6 not 8 which seems to be more common.
sea1.jpg
Nice! I bet you didn't expect that. I just looked at the site and it seems like he is still filling spots as people withdraw. Have you seen anything about how many of these are being made?
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

pgcity wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:43 am I got lucky today. This will be my first Halios, first bronze and specifically CuSN6 not 8 which seems to be more common.
sea1.jpg

Don't forget to post a pic here when it arrives.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=892

Congrats!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

yinzburgher wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:56 am
sea1.jpg
Nice! I bet you didn't expect that. I just looked at the site and it seems like he is still filling spots as people withdraw. Have you seen anything about how many of these are being made?
You're right. Totally unexpected since it's been a week and from what I've read, his watches disappear within hours. As this has become a pre-order, there's less chaos. No info on the draws/how many watches are being made other then first 10% dropped but he did hint in one of the post on instagram that the confirmed numbers for bronze are typically much lower then the regular stainless steel variants. I'm guessing many signed up but the actual ones who have paid up is at a low of 30% as of the last update he made on the journal posted on his website. As with anything Halios, there's a mystery halo surrounding it.

Just a suggestion but why not drop an email and ask if a spare slot becomes available to preorder to send it to you? If more do cancel or not pay up, I bet it's going to be easier for him to skip the Excel RAND function(hoping people pay) and just send out invites to those who are serious. Nothing to lose i think. Just give it a shot
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:58 am
sea1.jpg

Don't forget to post a pic here when it arrives.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=892

Congrats!
Thank you. Will do :)
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

pgcity wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:20 am
yinzburgher wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:56 am
sea1.jpg
You're right. Totally unexpected since it's been a week and from what I've read, his watches disappear within hours. As this time it has become a pre-order so there's less chaos. No info on the draws/how many watches are being made other then first 10% dropped but he did hint in one of the post on instagram that the confirmed numbers for bronze are typically much lower then the regular stainless steel variants. I'm guessing many signed up but the actual ones who have paid up is at a low of 30% as of the last update he made on the journal posted on his website. As with anything Halios, there's a mystery halo surrounding it.

Just a suggestion but why not drop an email and ask if a spare slot becomes available to preorder to send it to you? If more do cancel or not pay up, I bet it's going to be easier for him to skip the Excel RAND function and 'hope' they pay and just send out to those who are serious. Nothing to lose i think. Just give it a shot.
Maybe I'll try an email. They are great watches but there is always some confusion with Halios orders and unfortunately that doesn't seem to have improved over time. In the past, there was a confirmation email when you signed up for a pre-order. None this time and I think that confused people and resulted in more anxious people emailing and messaging him asking if they were on the list. Also, this time the email sign-up to supposedly get more information about the watch was the same list to sign up for the lottery for the pre-order. That is likely why there will be a fair number of cancellations as many people likely signed up for that one list, even if they had no intention of ordering. There are a ton of watches that I'd love to know more about that I don't necessarily want to buy. Planty has changed with the ordering process over the years but unfortunately I wouldn't really say it's improved. Luckily the watches have been great though. I've been happy with mine. And in the past, when there have been minor QC issues, he was apparently very quick to resolve them. I also commend him for not raising the price. Many others would have given the level of demand.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Maybe I'll try an email. They are great watches but there is always some confusion with Halios orders and unfortunately that doesn't seem to have improved over time. In the past, there was a confirmation email when you signed up for a pre-order. None this time and I think that confused people and resulted in more anxious people emailing and messaging him asking if they were on the list. Also, this time the email sign-up to supposedly get more information about the watch was the same list to sign up for the lottery for the pre-order. That is likely why there will be a fair number of cancellations as many people likely signed up for that one list, even if they had no intention of ordering. There are a ton of watches that I'd love to know more about that I don't necessarily want to buy. Planty has changed with the ordering process over the years but unfortunately I wouldn't really say it's improved. Luckily the watches have been great though. I've been happy with mine. And in the past, when there have been minor QC issues, he was apparently very quick to resolve them. I also commend him for not raising the price. Many others would have given the level of demand.
Yes.Good luck, hope you get to order. Perhaps in his case, the art is more important then the business and so everything else is of little importance as long as there's enough to get to do the next project.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

update.jpg
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

I like Jason, but I don’t play the Halios game anymore. Got better things to do than watch Instagram tapping my fingers over a watch.