We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Deals Talk

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Re: Deals Talk

Post by PetWatch »

I only made one purchase for a G-Shock, I'm still working on it, found by chance. Somehow managed not to jump into one of the Glycine deals that I've been waffling on forever, very nice but something just doesn't click besides the long lugs on many models. Maybe one day if they keep on dropping in price. I almost went for one of the Eterna deals, but same issue, would have been a buy the deal purchase. I'll wait for something that interests me more.

We have Super Saturday coming up and after New Year's and spring has generally been good for deals.
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

PetWatch wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:08 pm I only made one purchase for a G-Shock, I'm still working on it, found by chance. Somehow managed not to jump into one of the Glycine deals that I've been waffling on forever, very nice but something just doesn't click besides the long lugs on many models. Maybe one day if they keep on dropping in price. I almost went for one of the Eterna deals, but same issue, would have been a buy the deal purchase. I'll wait for something that interests me more.

We have Super Saturday coming up and after New Year's and spring has generally been good for deals.
Have you looked at the Airman 18s? They're 39mm, though I don't know their lug-to-lug. Or the Airman No. 1 and some of the Combat models at 36mm:
https://www.ashford.com/us/watches/comm ... 0&pn=brand
Bergbergs
MoT Member

Post by Bergbergs »

I'm quite happy with the Watch Gecko mystery box strap sale from this past week. Was only 30 GBP before coupon and by my count, it included over 190 GBP worth of straps based on current pricing on their site, plus a pen and a waiter's key (can never have too many of those). Included a couple real nice leather straps and a black super engineer. I'll definitely be participating next time they have one of these sales.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

MAAHHH THE FRENCH! wrote:
PetWatch wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:08 pm I only made one purchase for a G-Shock, I'm still working on it, found by chance. Somehow managed not to jump into one of the Glycine deals that I've been waffling on forever, very nice but something just doesn't click besides the long lugs on many models. Maybe one day if they keep on dropping in price. I almost went for one of the Eterna deals, but same issue, would have been a buy the deal purchase. I'll wait for something that interests me more.

Have you looked at the Airman 18s? They're 39mm, though I don't know their lug-to-lug. Or the Airman No. 1 and some of the Combat models at 36mm:
Thanks, it's not the overall size, it's more about the prominent lugs on the one's I like, also the dial layout in general. Just one of those things, like Hamiltons, that never seem to entice me enough to buy, though they are great watches.

I'll likely get one sometime just to get it out my system, even though I know when I waffle like this over a watch it usually doesn't work out. Flip.

Different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

PetWatch wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:08 pm
MAAHHH THE FRENCH! wrote:

Thanks, it's not the overall size, it's more about the prominent lugs on the one's I like, also the dial layout in general. Just one of those things, like Hamiltons, that never seem to entice me enough to buy, though they are great watches.

I'll likely get one sometime just to get it out my system, even though I know when I waffle like this over a watch it usually doesn't work out. Flip.

Different strokes for different folks.

I understand. It's same here for me on Hamilton. The brand just doesn't click to me somehow. They are nice and well built watches, but they always look like lack of character to me, some of them have good design but look flat in real, for example. I will get one someday and see whether it will change my view. That's why this hobby is interesting and keep the ball rolling.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

VCheng wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:06 pm
I understand. It's same here for me on Hamilton. The brand just doesn't click to me somehow. They are nice and well built watches, but they always look like lack of character to me, some of them have good design but look flat in real, for example. I will get one someday and see whether it will change my view. That's why this hobby is interesting and keep the ball rolling.

You just might need to pick up the right Hamilton
;)

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:28 pm
VCheng wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:06 pm

You just might need to pick up the right Hamilton
;)

Haha. A thoughtful suggestion! Clever, man.
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

Btw, the only model I am searching for is the pioneer pilot with coin edge. It's rare in the market now.

In the past, I seriously considered the jazzmaster GMT and regulator, but give up after seeing them in real.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

While I can't say that I'm too surprised, I am a bit disappointed that ebay chose to not participate in any Black Friday or Cyber Monday discounts. I'm hoping we see one sitewide coupon before the end of the year. 🤞 I don't order from there quite as much since they started collecting taxes but it's still a great source of deals on watches, both new and used.
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

SUP.jpg
                      "SUP ladies!"
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

yinzburgher wrote:While I can't say that I'm too surprised, I am a bit disappointed that ebay chose to not participate in any Black Friday or Cyber Monday discounts. I'm hoping we see one sitewide coupon before the end of the year. [emoji1696] I don't order from there quite as much since they started collecting taxes but it's still a great source of deals on watches, both new and used.
Same here, they had a bunch of targeted 8-10% off on the run up to BF, and still running them. The 10 barely pays my 9.5% sales tax. I'm sure we'll see something before or after year end, change of strategy. They too must be feeling the tax bite.

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

After a slow start things have picked up for me, I caught three watches that I have been chasing for a while. G-Shock 35th Anniversary Glacier Gold square DW-5035E-7. Wasn't easy but in the end one came through after some hard work. The Citizen Tough, green and black, will decide which to keep, thanks to the Kohl's 40+10%+KC heads up, and a Citizen Sig. black that I've been chasing for years with several deals falling through.

At the rate I'm going there won't be anything left to look forward to next year. Yeah right. On the flip side, 'tis the season to be selling, too.
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

PetWatch wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:49 am After a slow start things have picked up for me, I caught three watches that I have been chasing for a while. G-Shock 35th Anniversary Glacier Gold square DW-5035E-7. Wasn't easy but in the end one came through after some hard work. The Citizen Tough, green and black, will decide which to keep, thanks to the Kohl's 40+10%+KC heads up, and a Citizen Sig. black that I've been chasing for years with several deals falling through.

At the rate I'm going there won't be anything left to look forward to next year. Yeah right. On the flip side, 'tis the season to be selling, too.
I believe the Citizen Tough is a good watch. I think the green is the one to keep. Maybe you can share your thoughts upon receiving the Sig. I am curious about the finishing of the watch as I didn't have the chance to see one in real.

For G, only the GWG 1000 mud master is on my list now. I am not a fan of G but I like their big and tough resin offerings. I somehow not attracted by their metal watches. Yet, I will buy an Oceanus someday. No real deals on Oceanus always as most are sold by Japanese.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

VCheng wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:53 am
PetWatch wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:49 am After a slow start things have picked up for me, I caught three watches that I have been chasing for a while. G-Shock 35th Anniversary Glacier Gold square DW-5035E-7. Wasn't easy but in the end one came through after some hard work. The Citizen Tough, green and black, will decide which to keep, thanks to the Kohl's 40+10%+KC heads up, and a Citizen Sig. black that I've been chasing for years with several deals falling through.

I believe the Citizen Tough is a good watch. I think the green is the one to keep. Maybe you can share your thoughts upon receiving the Sig. I am curious about the finishing of the watch as I didn't have the chance to see one in real.

For G, only the GWG 1000 mud master is on my list now. I am not a fan of G but I like their big and tough resin offerings. I somehow not attracted by their metal watches. Yet, I will buy an Oceanus someday. No real deals on Oceanus always as most are sold by Japanese.
Will do, may be a week or two before I get my hands on them. I like some of the big round G's but can't get passed their bulkiness. The Oceanus is a great watch, I've seen a few deals come by. Few and far between. Speaking of the Japanese, I've been watching a few Campanolas and Chronomasters, they have recently raised prices by a few hundred dollars and I believe their sales tax only went up about 2%. No thanks.
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

Sure, no rush. Looking forward to knowing your opinion.