We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
DogOnTime
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Post by DogOnTime »

valuewatchguy wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:28 pm
Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:41 pm Oris Divers 65 model #
01 733 7720 4354-07 4 21 18 for $1038.51 after prono code JOMANEW50(tested) and 1% CB from BeFrugal($10.49). Retail $2200.
https://www.jomashop.com/oris-watch-01- ... 21-18.html

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
NAD

Saved by 2mm!!! I almost pulled the trigger when i realized it is a 42mm version of the Steel and bronze model. I didn't think these were made in anything but 40mm so I looked up the model on ORIS website and it is 42mm.
A quick method to guage sizing for the date-models:
The 42mm date window is at 3, with a compensated marker.
The 40mm date window is at 6.
The 36mm date window is at 3, replacing the whole marker.
BruceR
MoT Member

Post by BruceR »

Plus one. I've officially polluted the gene pool.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

mplsabdullah wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:25 am
pgcity wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:28 am Stowa running a special offer on their watches at 15% off their regular prices. This is a rare enough event. Be aware they are nearly new and flaws(if any) are described for each. All watches come with full 2 year warranty and new straps. I see 57-58 watches at this point. One more thing to note is that watches may reappear if someone cancelled their purchase or left in their cart too long.

Link here:

https://www.stowa.de/en/special+offer+watches/

a sampling below
Thanks for posting. I get emails from them but for some reason they didn't notify me of this sale this time. Any chance you noticed if there was a green pro diver or any white fliegers available earlier?
They did not email this time. I only found out as part of my "check Stowa site twice a day" routine. Yes there was a green one but it disappeared as soon as I refreshed the page hence the number of either 57/58 appearing. No white dial fliegers were made available. I will let you know if i see either one pop up.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

01 733 7720 4354-07 4 21 18 for $1038.51 after prono code JOMANEW50(tested) and 1% CB from BeFrugal($10.49). Retail $2200.

NAD

Saved by 2mm!!! I almost pulled the trigger when i realized it is a 42mm version of the Steel and bronze model. I didn't think these were made in anything but 40mm so I looked up the model on ORIS website and it is 42mm.
smart.jpg
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Creation Watches on Ebay has this power reserve Zeppelin for $307.00.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.18.47 PM.png

https://www.ebay.com/p/710125964?iid=27 ... P8QAvD_BwE
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Zeppelin Moon Phase Quartz at Sears on Ebay for $159.00 There's a $5 off $50 coupon.

Don't know why they say "Citizen."

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.25.01 PM.png

https://www.sears.com/citizen-drive-fro ... 00001xlpla
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

dumberdrummer wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:17 am
pgcity wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:28 am Stowa running a special offer on their watches at 15% off their regular prices. This is a rare enough event. Be aware they are nearly new and flaws(if any) are described for each. All watches come with full 2 year warranty and new straps. I see 57-58 watches at this point. One more thing to note is that watches may reappear if someone cancelled their purchase or left in their cart too long.

Link here:

https://www.stowa.de/en/special+offer+watches/

a sampling below
st1.jpgst2.jpg
I get the "prestige factor" of wanting to own a German watch; but I gotta tell ya, for the same dimensions, nearly identical no-date Flieger dial and an arguably better movement (2892 vs. 2824)...all at less than half the price, (were I in the market), I think I might go with the Tourneau @ ToM vs. the Stowa.
NAD
No experience with Tourneau.I don't know about prestige factor but I own 2 watches from them now and they're firmly in my list of companies i don't worry about buying from. One of the watches I got from them arrived with a very stiff crown. Got in touch with their support and within an hour sent me RMA forms and offered to arrange for pickup from home via Fedex to ship watch back at their cost.10 days later it came back, same problem. Got in touch again and by now Covid is in full swing but somehow sent back and received the watch about 2 weeks later and problem solved properly, again on their cost. Granted these are new watches and under warranty. When i got them there was no 15% discount, although being nice to the support person got me a free deployant for a strap on one watch and a miniscule 10 Euro discount code. I wasn't expecting any either. As mentioned before, anything from Stowa on a discount is a rare thing. Happy with watches so far and the quality of finishing is something you notice when its in your hands. I like them and think they are priced fairly and worth saving up for if interested.
Last edited by pgcity on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Techme
MoT Member

Post by Techme »

NAD

If you get the chance, try them on side by side. I did and was pleasantly surprised by how similar they were. I could have gone with either on my 7.25 wrist. I chose the 40mm since I prefer the date wheel at 6 and I think 40mm suits the vintage styling. I have the riveted bracelet, but by all accounts, the rubber tropic strap is high quality and pricey on its own.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Stowa is venturing into a new area. They're now selling used watches(minus bracelet?) with full warranties up to 50% off retail prices. They're also engraving it to ensure buyers don't get scammed in the secondary market by those who may sell it as "new". Link here https://www.stowa.de/en/good+checked+used/

From email:

Dear watch collector,

For some time now, we have been asking ourselves the question what we do with watches that we do not wish to offer in our special offer watches / special sales section (approx. 2 x per year).
There are always watches that we cannot label as "new" or "with the smallest micro-scratches".

Also, every now and then a customer asks if we accept his/her good, used watch as payment. Basically, we would not want to open a second-hand watch market, but we also see it as our obligation as a globally operating brand to take appropriate care of the continued existence and value retention of all watches on the market.

With this we give also interested people with a smaller budget the chance to own a good and suitable for everyday use, mechanical STOWA watch (e.g. younger people who may not have the big budget yet, but are still enthusiastic about mechanical watches!)
Or collectors who would like to start with STOWA and enjoy a good, used watch.
Therefore we have checked a first, small batch of watches and put them in the online shop for selection.
The description of the watch is mainly divided into the categories "unworn" or "used", then still in the condition "very good", "good" and "satisfactory".
However, you can be sure with each description that we have evaluated - as we always do - in favour of your benefit.

Test us and profit from our professional competence and our original parts, which are available to you at a Good. Checked. Used - watch that gives you the best security.
And to start with, we give every customer who decides on a good, checked watch a service voucher with their watch: value Euro 30,- (redeemable for future repairs or service on exactly this watch)

For every watch:
- 2 years warranty
- without bracelet
- original box
- original warranty certificate with model name and number of the watch

IMPORTANT:
All Good. Checked. Used. - watches have a small - almost invisible - engraving on the hidden case back edge between the strap lugs.
So that we can identify these watches later. We want to avoid that very cheap watches may appear on the grey market at excessive prices, because usually you will be positively surprised by the condition of the watches. Even with these watches we have high quality standards and prefer to rework a watch (e.g. the case) before we sell something that does not meet our basic quality requirements. We will continue not to offer really bad or extremely used watches in the future.

Details on Good.Used and Checked(Proofed?) watches here https://www.stowa.de/en/Good+Proofed+Used/
Initial offering below.better pictures on link above:
ST1.jpg
Last edited by pgcity on Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Sitting here not buying one of those Stowas is making me extremely uncomfortable.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

from email. Creationwatches having a Zeppelin watches sale. Link here https://www.creationwatches.com/product ... 012606_jpg
zep1.jpg
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Boourns wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:50 am Sitting here not buying one of those Stowas is making me extremely uncomfortable.

Excited that I might finally be able to afford a Stowa!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Boourns wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:50 am Sitting here not buying one of those Stowas is making me extremely uncomfortable.
NAD
Personally I think it's great option with full warranties from Stowa. Maintaining a level of integrity while safeguarding their brand and customers. Worth bookmarking the link to check now and then. There may just be one that is right for you :) Link here https://www.stowa.de/en/good+checked+used/
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:04 am

Excited that I might finally be able to afford a Stowa!
I already have a flieger "Klassik" and marine or I'd buy one of each at these prices.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

pgcity wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:34 am Stowa is venturing into a new area. They're now selling used watches(minus bracelet?) with full warranties up to 50% off retail prices. They're also engraving it to ensure buyers don't get scammed in the secondary market by those who may sell it as "new". Link here https://www.stowa.de/en/good+checked+used/

From email:

Dear watch collector,

For some time now, we have been asking ourselves the question what we do with watches that we do not wish to offer in our special offer watches / special sales section (approx. 2 x per year).
There are always watches that we cannot label as "new" or "with the smallest micro-scratches".

Also, every now and then a customer asks if we accept his/her good, used watch as payment. Basically, we would not want to open a second-hand watch market, but we also see it as our obligation as a globally operating brand to take appropriate care of the continued existence and value retention of all watches on the market.

With this we give also interested people with a smaller budget the chance to own a good and suitable for everyday use, mechanical STOWA watch (e.g. younger people who may not have the big budget yet, but are still enthusiastic about mechanical watches!)
Or collectors who would like to start with STOWA and enjoy a good, used watch.
Therefore we have checked a first, small batch of watches and put them in the online shop for selection.
The description of the watch is mainly divided into the categories "unworn" or "used", then still in the condition "very good", "good" and "satisfactory".
However, you can be sure with each description that we have evaluated - as we always do - in favour of your benefit.

Test us and profit from our professional competence and our original parts, which are available to you at a Good. Checked. Used - watch that gives you the best security.
And to start with, we give every customer who decides on a good, checked watch a service voucher with their watch: value Euro 30,- (redeemable for future repairs or service on exactly this watch)

For every watch:
- 2 years warranty
- without bracelet
- original box
- original warranty certificate with model name and number of the watch

IMPORTANT:
All Good. Checked. Used. - watches have a small - almost invisible - engraving on the hidden case back edge between the strap lugs.
So that we can identify these watches later. We want to avoid that very cheap watches may appear on the grey market at excessive prices, because usually you will be positively surprised by the condition of the watches. Even with these watches we have high quality standards and prefer to rework a watch (e.g. the case) before we sell something that does not meet our basic quality requirements. We will continue not to offer really bad or extremely used watches in the future.

Details on Good.Used and Checked(Proofed?) watches here https://www.stowa.de/en/Good+Proofed+Used/
Initial offering below.better pictures on link above:
ST1.jpg
I don't intend to buy one, but I admire their ability to use correct hand lengths. Lots of other brands get this wrong.