Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
dumberdrummer
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Post by dumberdrummer »

dumberdrummer wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:46 pm
TheJohnP wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:03 pm I am sure you can find these cases for .23 cents on AliExpress, but a good price for a strap keeper from Amazon Warehouse.
Two options, one much cheaper, but in worse condition

They say it holds 40-80 straps, but only if you double up.
"Sturdy elastic straps secure fourty classy bands, but double them up to hold eighty bands of all types and sizes. Easily swap bands to match your outfit to the occasion. Features four separate trays, which enables you to organize your bands by style, color, or mood. Measures 17 x 11 x 3.5 inches."

Zero Mass Luxury Storage Case Organizer for Watch Bands (Multi-Tray, Velvet & Leatherette, Stores 40-80 Bands), White Marble Marble Leatherette Exterior
Sale price is $37.61
List price is $89.99
Condition is - Used - Good / Small cosmetic imperfection on top, front or sides of item. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.

Sale price is $51.29
List price is $89.99
Condition is - Used - Like New / Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07KDGSBSM

Thanks. Was just looking at these (new) the other day, but thought they were a little too pricy. It’ll be kept in a drawer, so I could care less about any cosmetic issues. Rolled the dice on the “Used - Good” one.
Despite Amazon's description, I was unable to find any "cosmetic imperfections" whatsoever. However, 9 (yes 9!) of the dividers detached as I was inserting straps. An easy fix with some Krazy Glue and for the price I paid, I'm not complaining. Overall, it's a decent watch strap storage case for $37.61, but I don't think the quality is there to warrant the full price of $89.99. Thanks again for the head's-up, [mention]TheJohnP[/mention]
Attachments
thumbnail_20200707_143239.jpg
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

This is more a bargain than a deal, but I have to add my vote to how good these straps are. The Fluorine rubber is truly a different material- it's extremely supple, but not as "squishy"(?) as silicone, and doesn't attract dust at all. The hardware is absolutely fantastic too, very solid and appropriately sized for the strap.
For $9 these are an absolute steal. I am not ashamed to say I have one in every color coming in now. 😲

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000453 ... 93d9n4gkL
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (425.54 KiB) Viewed 1761 times
Perdendosi
MoT Member

Post by Perdendosi »

A whole bunch of NAD coming up.
BillionaireDoors wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:41 pm
Perdendosi wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:06 pm I just bought a Baume & Mercier Capeland Chronograph Automatic // MOA06858 // Pre-Owned at Touch of Modern!!
https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/the ... n=AV4134TP

$25 for every $100 spent at TOM. got a used baume Chrono. Looks a little rough but I hope I'll like it (or can flip for what I paid so I can get a "free" $200 TOM credit).
I was looking at this one this morning. I think it will clean up nicely. Good catch!
I need some meme help. I feel like there's gotta be a meme for this situation...
[mention]BillionaireDoors[/mention] says "good catch". I feel all warm and fuzzy all over.
BD says that he was looking at the watch, but apparently passed on it. Makes me feel much less certain that I got a good deal (because if it was a good deal, he would have snatched it up).

jcombs1 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:20 pm Question for you TOM experts. For how long do the credits exist?

I’ve bought from TOM before but have never played the credit game with them. I also have a 20% off next purchase offer that expires today so if I can double dip it might make some sense.

I have struggled to routinely find something to buy from them in the past so not sure all the effort is worth it.
Probably too late, but I'll answer the question for posterity. I bought the aforementioned Baume on Saturday, July 4. The listing said that the watch would ship in 2-3 weeks, but it shipped on today, Tuesday, July 7 (2 business days). I didn't have any credits on my account when I purchased, but my account now shows $200 in available credits, expiring 10/2/2020. So that's about 3 months.
recapt wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:23 am Not technically a watch deal, but I imagine it will be of similar interest...

Seiko Victory Marathon Alarm Clock for $14.99 w/ free shipping from SeikoClocksUSA. Verified and purchased (25% discount is automatically applied in cart). These are typically sold for 2-3x this price.

https://www.seikoclocksusa.com/collections/qhl062ylh/

Mine came yesterday. I really dig it, especially the countdown timer and chronograph feature (though I wish they were two separate features rather than one-- as far as I can tell, if you set the countdown timer to zeros, then it works as a chron.) My 4 1/2-year-old daughter saw it and immediately commandeered it, so I guess it won't be sitting on my desk or on my bedside table. I guess I should have ordered more than one. :)
The funny thing is that it was shipped in an 8x8x8" box, and the thing is like 3x2x2. There was packing to protect from damage, but it was pretty dang funny.
I'll try to get some pics soon.
- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
Current collection:

Baume & Mercier Capeland Chrono | Alpina Startimer Heritage GMT | Oris Artix Date | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Hamtun H2 Meteroite | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Nth Nacken Renegade | Direnzo DRZ-03 "Blood Moon" | Citizen Grand Classic | Nodus Sector Field | Seiko SSA409 "Honeycomb" Star Bar **** Time | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Great White Turtle | Manchester Watch Works (RIP) Equinox All-Lume Dial | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" | Casio AE1400WH-2AV
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Not much of a deal, but still less than normal. Alexander James Watches out of Chicago has their dive watches on sale. The sale pricing matches the original Kickstarter price tier, but if you got in within the first 24 hours of the campaign, price was as low as $275

Alexander James NDR001 Collection
Sale price is $324.99
List price is $349.99

Three colorways available:

Black granulated dial - https://alexjameswatches.com/product/nd ... nulated-2/

Grey sunburst dial -
https://alexjameswatches.com/product/nd ... ranulated/

White snowflake dial -
https://alexjameswatches.com/product/nd ... snowflake/

Specifications:
- Movement: Seiko’s NH35
- Water Resistance: 200m
- Case Diameter: 40mm
- Lug to Lug Height: 48mm
- Lug Width: 20mm
- Thickness: 13.2mm (14.3mm to crystal’s dome)
- Crystal: Blue AR Coated Low Double Domed Sapphire
- Case Material: Stainless Steel
- Case Back: Solid Metal
- Bezel Style: Coin Edged
- Bezel Insert Material: Ceramic (lumed)
- Lume Type: BGW9
- Bracelet: Stainless Steel; Oyster Clasp
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
claus1100xx
MoT Member

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Post by claus1100xx »

cortman wrote:This is more a bargain than a deal, but I have to add my vote to how good these straps are. The Fluorine rubber is truly a different material- it's extremely supple, but not as "squishy"(?) as silicone, and doesn't attract dust at all. The hardware is absolutely fantastic too, very solid and appropriately sized for the strap.
For $9 these are an absolute steal. I am not ashamed to say I have one in every color coming in now. [emoji44]

Capture.PNG
Thanks for the recommendation - had to pick one up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

Perdendosi wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:58 pm
I need some meme help. I feel like there's gotta be a meme for this situation...
@BillionaireDoors says "good catch". I feel all warm and fuzzy all over.
BD says that he was looking at the watch, but apparently passed on it. Makes me feel much less certain that I got a good deal (because if it was a good deal, he would have snatched it up).
If my $900 in pending credits were available, I probably would have bought it. The ROI looked a bit small to buy it cash and wait 3 weeks for it to ship.
Techme
MoT Member

Post by Techme »

cortman wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:48 pm This is more a bargain than a deal, but I have to add my vote to how good these straps are. The Fluorine rubber is truly a different material- it's extremely supple, but not as "squishy"(?) as silicone, and doesn't attract dust at all. The hardware is absolutely fantastic too, very solid and appropriately sized for the strap.
For $9 these are an absolute steal. I am not ashamed to say I have one in every color coming in now. 😲

Capture.PNG
I have this one in transit. There is a fluorine/fluororubber thread, but I can't link to it right now.

#Aliexpress AU $15.84 40%OFF | Onthelevel Fluororubber Watch Strap 20 22mm Silicone Rubber Bracelet Quick Release Spring Bar Watchband For Each Watch Brand #E
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dZUaifi
Screenshot_2020-07-08-12-04-28.png
Perdendosi
MoT Member

Post by Perdendosi »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:57 pm
Perdendosi wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:58 pm
@BillionaireDoors says "good catch". I feel all warm and fuzzy all over.
If my $900 in pending credits were available, I probably would have bought it. The ROI looked a bit small to buy it cash and wait 3 weeks for it to ship.
Thanks for the encouragement. I was concerned about that myself, but heck, if I get it tomorrow, that's something.
(Crossing my fingers that the imperfections in the pictures are just dirt and not rust... but I guess we'll see.)
- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
Current collection:

Baume & Mercier Capeland Chrono | Alpina Startimer Heritage GMT | Oris Artix Date | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Hamtun H2 Meteroite | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Nth Nacken Renegade | Direnzo DRZ-03 "Blood Moon" | Citizen Grand Classic | Nodus Sector Field | Seiko SSA409 "Honeycomb" Star Bar **** Time | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Great White Turtle | Manchester Watch Works (RIP) Equinox All-Lume Dial | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" | Casio AE1400WH-2AV
caktaylor
MoT Member

Post by caktaylor »

#7817 Post by cortman » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:48 pm
This is more a bargain than a deal, but I have to add my vote to how good these straps are. The Fluorine rubber is truly a different material- it's extremely supple, but not as "squishy"(?) as silicone, and doesn't attract dust at all. The hardware is absolutely fantastic too, very solid and appropriately sized for the strap.

NAD.

I just did a double-take on your profile pic. At first glance, I thought it was this:
Attachments
Zaius_portrait.jpg
Zaius_portrait.jpg (49.24 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

caktaylor wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:42 pm #7817 Post by cortman » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:48 pm

NAD.

I just did a double-take on your profile pic. At first glance, I thought it was this:
Lol nope. It's actually a local politician/truck driver whose facial hair was simply too magnificent not to share. :D
Schioedtei

Post by Schioedtei »

cortman wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:48 pm This is more a bargain than a deal, but I have to add my vote to how good these straps are. The Fluorine rubber is truly a different material- it's extremely supple, but not as "squishy"(?) as silicone, and doesn't attract dust at all. The hardware is absolutely fantastic too, very solid and appropriately sized for the strap.

Capture.PNG
I have 2 of those straps, bought after your previous recommendation, and i confirm that it's great quality, will order more definitely. Thank you btw. :)
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Undone Watches - The Kryptonian Decryptor Preorder. Link here https://www.undone.com/en/watch-detail/superman
und.jpg
und.jpg (116.91 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

pgcity wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:15 am Undone Watches - The Kryptonian Decryptor Preorder. Link here https://www.undone.com/en/watch-detail/superman
und.jpg
Best new watch name of the day. Kinda want, although readability is subpar and I never hear from anyone from Krypton. What a coincidence that the Kryptonian alphabet also has 26 letters...just like English. ;)
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
dumberdrummer
MoT Member

Post by dumberdrummer »

A rather minimal discount, but better than nuttin' on yet another relatively slow deal day...
Attachments
Screenshot (262).png
JMD1082
MoT Member

Post by JMD1082 »

I don't really watch these too closely but I know that a lot of people are big fans of the Todd Snyder Timex collection and this seemed like a pretty good price. Especially direct from Amazon two colorways listed at $50