Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Post by MoT »

mleok wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:13 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:00 am Missed out on a C5 Malvern 595 hand winder. :cry:
Yeah, I was looking for that as well. They still have the gold plated ones, but that's not my cup of tea.
I got a rose gold one. I'm a sucker for rose gold.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
cairoanan
MoT Member

Post by cairoanan »

ManOnTime wrote:
ManOnTime wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:00 am Missed out on a C5 Malvern 595 hand winder. :cry:
Yeah, I was looking for that as well. They still have the gold plated ones, but that's not my cup of tea.
MoT - you’re on a tear lately!
dumberdrummer
MoT Member

Post by dumberdrummer »

Gorem wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:56 am
Gorem wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:19 am finally got my C65 Trident GMT
Will not get my C65 blue GMT after all :x

from cward

Thank you for ordering your C65 Trident GMT (S65-41AGM1-S00B0) in our half-price sale, unfortunately this item is no longer available as it sold quicker than we had anticipated. However in order to ensure you will receive a Christopher Ward watch we have two full price C65 Trident GMT alternative models below which we would be happy to send either one to you.

Please find links below to the two options, to note if you would like to alter the strap option on your order and there is a price difference you will need to pay the difference.

Afterwhich i send a email asking why my order is not able to fulfill since i still saw it few hours on the store after I place my order. also I ask why there is a top up when i order in bracelet ... and then , without replying me .. they just send an cancellation
Woke up to the same email from C. Ward today. I get it, sh!t happens and they oversold. They could have/should have left the email just at that...but don't try to upsell me to a full priced watch; not cool, dude. They've done right by me in the past, so I'm not going to make a big stink about this; however, it has left me with a sour taste (but not so much so to where I won't jump on their next bargain :roll: ).
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

cairoanan wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:08 am
ManOnTime wrote:

MoT - you’re on a tear lately!
Shut down has been good for the bank account.

Watch sales haven't been.

I may need an intervention.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

dumberdrummer wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:16 am
Gorem wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:19 am finally got my C65 Trident GMT

from cward

Thank you for ordering your C65 Trident GMT (S65-41AGM1-S00B0) in our half-price sale, unfortunately this item is no longer available as it sold quicker than we had anticipated. However in order to ensure you will receive a Christopher Ward watch we have two full price C65 Trident GMT alternative models below which we would be happy to send either one to you.

Please find links below to the two options, to note if you would like to alter the strap option on your order and there is a price difference you will need to pay the difference.

Afterwhich i send a email asking why my order is not able to fulfill since i still saw it few hours on the store after I place my order. also I ask why there is a top up when i order in bracelet ... and then , without replying me .. they just send an cancellation
Woke up to the same email from C. Ward today. I get it, sh!t happens and they oversold. They could have/should have left the email just at that...but don't try to upsell me to a full priced watch; not cool, dude. They've done right by me in the past, so I'm not going to make a big stink about this; however, it has left me with a sour taste (but not so much so to where I won't jump on their next bargain :roll: ).
It certainly sucks, but I don't think it's "shady." They screwed up and are offering you a different color of the same model for the discounted price (unless I am misunderstanding). Since they can''t offer you what you ordered -- no doubt their fault -- they are doing the best they can to make it right. What else can they do?
I wish that watch were 38mm?
EA-Sports
MoT Member

Post by EA-Sports »

Boourns wrote:

from cward

It certainly sucks, but I don't think it's "shady." They screwed up and are offering you a different color of the same model for the discounted price (unless I am misunderstanding). Since they can''t offer you what you ordered -- no doubt their fault -- they are doing the best they can to make it right. What else can they do?
Except that they offered the different colors at full price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BruceR
MoT Member

Post by BruceR »

pdsf wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:51 am Drop has this Meistersinger available:

https://drop.com/buy/meistersinger-salt ... 9608788193

Seems interesting.

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 9.49.01 AM.png

And something for a lady friend:

https://drop.com/buy/rado-diamaster-33m ... 9608788193

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 9.50.09 AM.png

I'm trying to resist. Love the black one.

Meistersinger.JPG
dumberdrummer
MoT Member

Post by dumberdrummer »

Boourns wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:23 am

from cward

[mention]Boourns[/mention] upon rereading their email, perhaps you might be correct. Upon the first read through, it sounded like a subtle "bait and switch". Now that I've read through it again, it almost does sound like they're willing to send either of the other two GMT models for the same price as originally paid for the blue. Guess I need to write them back and ask them to provide a bit more clarity on this.
wiggy999
MoT Member

Post by wiggy999 »

dumberdrummer wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:33 am
That was the way I read it - hope it's true!

@Boourns upon rereading their email, perhaps you might be correct. Upon the first read through, it sounded like a subtle "bait and switch". Now that I've read through it again, it almost does sound like they're willing to send either of the other two GMT models for the same price as originally paid for the blue. Guess I need to write them back and ask them to provide a bit more clarity on this.
DaNewNew
MoT Member

Post by DaNewNew »

Yeah you misunderstood IMO, they were offering you honestly a way better alternative. You will likely be able to get the black dial, maybe even the white anthropocene dial. Both of which are better dials than the blue that they are discontinuing, at least in my eyes. You just have to choose an option that has a similar strap (aka get leather with standard buckle) or pay an upcharge.
Gorem
MoT Member

Post by Gorem »

from cward

from what i read, they are willing to send me an black dial or pepsi bezel (i really wanted the blue so to me its good not great) , but what I don't really understand is this statement (alter the strap option on your order and there is a price difference you will need to pay the difference) as i order in bracelet.

what I think is bad is that they have cancel my order without replying my email which was asking why the cancellation since i got in early and the strap option top up thingy.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

EA-Sports wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:28 am
Boourns wrote:

Except that they offered the different colors at full price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If this is what the email means, I agree it's 100% not cool. That's now how I read it though. I would encourage those who got the email to clarify.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
DaNewNew
MoT Member

Post by DaNewNew »

Gorem wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:43 am

from what i read, they are willing to send me an black dial or pepsi bezel (i really wanted the blue so to me its good not great) , but what I don't really understand is this statement (alter the strap option on your order and there is a price difference you will need to pay the difference) as i order in bracelet.

what I think is bad is that they have cancel my order without replying my email which was asking why the cancellation since i got in early and the strap option top up thingy.
Good clarification, honestly I always lean on the side of "nobodies unique". Meaning this was likely a canned email since this error likely happened to several people. So it was just a general notice that you would have to pick a similar strap to your original more meant for those who ordered the model on a basic strap. In your case you would just get a model with the bracelet. It still kinda sucks since you did want the blue, but try to cut a little slack as this is CWs very first sale on their brand new site so with all the traffic this is basically the ultimate trial by fire for them.
Gorem
MoT Member

Post by Gorem »

DaNewNew wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:58 am
Gorem wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:43 am

Good clarification, honestly I always lean on the side of "nobodies unique". Meaning this was likely a canned email since this error likely happened to several people. So it was just a general notice that you would have to pick a similar strap to your original more meant for those who ordered the model on a basic strap. In your case you would just get a model with the bracelet. It still kinda sucks since you did want the blue, but try to cut a little slack as this is CWs very first sale on their brand new site so with all the traffic this is basically the ultimate trial by fire for them.
i not so sure whether it was canned email or not as the link to it was a strap version and the retail prices mentioned together with the link was also the strap version. that's the reason why i send an email to them back asking.

What is not acceptable is that they have cancel my order without even replying my email.

Update : just got a reply from them stating they have had to cancel the original order and a new order will have to be placed for the alternative if i wanted to. call them to place or place order online and email them to refund the discounted amount after order dispatched
seems like they missed my strap option top up queries.
Last edited by Gorem on Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shiny-lights

Post by shiny-lights »

CW deal is alive again!!!!! Those of you who missed out on the GMT get them NOW!

I just snagged a c60 1000 blue for $630 and im happy AF