Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Post by peskydonut »

Franko wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:43 pm
peskydonut wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:30 pm NAD

Alright guys. After two days of painful deliberation and watching the AUD starting to tick up today, I broke down and finally ordered the black Dartmouth on bracelet. $685.56 currently pending on my card if anyone is curious. The clearance prices were incredible, but the Dartmouth really spoke to me. Actually it was more of a soft whisper..."buy me"
Congrats, that’s the one I have in my basket but haven’t pulled the trigger.
True confession time: I genuinely considered buying both variants because I couldn't decide between blue and black dial. In the end, after looking at some photos of the vintage Seamaster 300 and [mention]valuewatchguy[/mention]'s review , I decided on the black dial.
Living a comeback montage.
Rixsler86
MoT Member

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2020

Post by Rixsler86 »

All I want for April...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nikon Z6

Tudor Black Bay Steel
Longines Hydroconquest GMT
Breitling Chronomat
Alpina Alpiner Extreme
Bulova x Complecto Jet Star
Brew Retromatic Copper
Fossil Mickey Mouse
Ernest Borel Athletic
Casio GWB5600AR-1
G-Shock DW5040PG
Franko
MoT Member

Post by Franko »

Alright guys. After two days of painful deliberation and watching the AUD starting to tick up today, I broke down and finally ordered the black Dartmouth on bracelet. $685.56 currently pending on my card if anyone is curious. The clearance prices were incredible, but the Dartmouth really spoke to me. Actually it was more of a soft whisper..."buy me"
I ended up with the C65 Trident in Blue for $523. I couldn’t resist that price anymore. I’m in da CW club.

One thing, CW didn’t send me an email for purchase, did you guys get a purchase email?
PopePants2
MoT Member

Post by PopePants2 »

Regarding the AUD exchange rate - Anyone know how to find the exact rate a CC is using?
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Jomashop Seiko SRPD81

Retail $415
Sale $196

And any additional coupons / cashback

-
I spun the wheel and got $20 off. Still waiting on the coupon code. YMMV
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

PopePants2 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:56 pm Regarding the AUD exchange rate - Anyone know how to find the exact rate a CC is using?
Perhaps someone with more insight can chime in.

I called my bank and they told me their currency exchange fee is "up to 1%"; they were pretty clueless on how the exchange rate is calculated. After some digging they said the "network" (i.e. MasterCard, Visa, etc.) determines the exchange rate. In my case MC's online calculator with 1% conversion fee was pretty spot on.

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consume ... rency.html
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Franko wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:49 pm

I ended up with the C65 Trident in Blue for $523. I couldn’t resist that price anymore. I’m in da CW club.

One thing, CW didn’t send me an email for purchase, did you guys get a purchase email?
I got two emails with pretty similar content (order details) within 30mins of purchase. Spam/junk folder?
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

testing123
MoT Member

Post by testing123 »

The GB50 code works again at Guideboat, (thanks to theJohnP for posting it the first time I saw it anyway) and it works on the sale items, 2 watches on sale, the Momentum Field Auto of course, and the Flatline 36 micro (also a momemtum piece, with sapphire crystal, 36mm quartz with crown at 4)

72 bucks for the Flatline 36 micro https://www.guideboat.com/item/wa-g1097 ... micro-36mm
And 147 for the Fieldwalker Automatic https://www.guideboat.com/item/ma-g1210 ... atic-watch
testing123
MoT Member

Post by testing123 »

PopePants2 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:56 pm Regarding the AUD exchange rate - Anyone know how to find the exact rate a CC is using?
Mine uses bank rates of the day but it's a credit card specifically for travel. some will charge you a percentage to exchange. just like PP will. You have to know the policies of the card you use it's very important for foreign currency transactions, I only use the one for those. But if you don't know the polices of your card, they are probably not good, and I think PP only charges 2% which isn't all that bad, so I would recommend using PP and charging to your card in USD.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Code seems to work on their Pre-owned selections. Notable mention:
Toppers
Tudor Black Bay
Reference m79540-0004

Retail $3050
Topper code 10off $1619.10
Tax in CA

ImageImageImage

==
EDIT
==
Sorry, it got sold shortly after posting.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

40% off permanently reduced items at Dillards.

Titanium INOX $315

https://www.dillards.com/p/victorinox-s ... 07984/sale

G-Shock $153.60. MSRP $320.

https://www.dillards.com/p/g-shock-ana- ... 30584/sale

Franko
MoT Member

Post by Franko »

testing123 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:48 am
Mine uses bank rates of the day but it's a credit card specifically for travel. some will charge you a percentage to exchange. just like PP will. You have to know the policies of the card you use it's very important for foreign currency transactions, I only use the one for those. But if you don't know the polices of your card, they are probably not good, and I think PP only charges 2% which isn't all that bad, so I would recommend using PP and charging to your card in USD.
That’s what I did :D
Bergbergs
MoT Member

Post by Bergbergs »

NAD

For some reason my transaction was failing when purchased directly using the card but succeeded when I purchased via Paypal (using the same card). Paypal displayed the conversion rate / final cost before completing the transaction. In my case, it ended up being about $30 USD more expensive than Google calculated it to be (~$630 > ~$600), but still a steal on the Sandhurst Chronometer. So -- if Paypal is available, that's one way to preview the final cost.

(Plus, CHW claims 60 days free returns, which I guess is one way to fix the problem if the cost is wrong)
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Bergbergs wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:19 am
NAD

For some reason my transaction was failing when purchased directly using the card but succeeded when I purchased via Paypal (using the same card). Paypal displayed the conversion rate / final cost before completing the transaction. In my case, it ended up being about $30 USD more expensive than Google calculated it to be (~$630 > ~$600), but still a steal on the Sandhurst Chronometer. So -- if Paypal is available, that's one way to preview the final cost.

(Plus, CHW claims 60 days free returns, which I guess is one way to fix the problem if the cost is wrong)
This is what I'd do. Usually the previously discussed buy in GBP trick works best if you have a card that charges no foreign transaction fee. But these AUD prices are so good even with the fee charged by Paypal, which as [mention]Bergbergs[/mention] notes you get to see upfront, it's a killer deal.
I wish that watch were 38mm?