As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Christopher Ward AUD deal

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Re: Christopher Ward AUD deal

Post by WhaleTail »

Does the promo code (170SPRING20 as an example) work on the “nearly new“ or the “half price“?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aka: Watchout on WUS.
audio.bill
MoT Member

Post by audio.bill »

WhaleTail wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:27 am Does the promo code (170SPRING20 as an example) work on the “nearly new“ or the “half price“?

No, CW promo codes are not valid on already discounted items. One time their site accepted them by mistake and they then cancelled those orders.
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Post by WhaleTail »

Thanks audio.bill

I just got hit with import duty through DHL for the Moonglow I bought from the Australian site, I did not see that mentioned in any of the discussion !
Was that to be expected? I live in the U.S.

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

WhaleTail wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:23 am Thanks audio.bill

I just got hit with import duty through DHL for the Moonglow I bought from the Australian site, I did not see that mentioned in any of the discussion !

DHL, FedEx and UPS often bill you for duty/"fees" when the item is above US$800. So yeah, I always expect that, and when I don't get a bill, I consider myself lucky.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/internationa ... -duty-info

"Thus, any articles imported under this section for personal use with a value of under $800 can be imported duty free, and any articles imported for personal use with a value between $800 and $1800, will be subject to a flat 4% duty rate"
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
audio.bill
MoT Member

Post by audio.bill »

mplsabdullah wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:14 am

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/internationa ... -duty-info

"Thus, any articles imported under this section for personal use with a value of under $800 can be imported duty free, and any articles imported for personal use with a value between $800 and $1800, will be subject to a flat 4% duty rate"
On watch shipments over US$800 in value duty is charged on the total value (not just the amount over $800) and you generally also get charged brokerage fees and local taxes.
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Post by WhaleTail »

With the DAD15 code (very similar discount to the 170SUN20) the C65 Trident yellow 316L LE comes to 1007 AUD, or $690 USD.
Is this the best price one can hope for? Was it on the 30% or 50% list at all?Image
On a different note: the Moonglow arrived today, surprisingly the bracelet is pretty tight on my 7 3/4 wrist (admittedly it was from nearly new section but everything looks brand spanking new with the plastic wrapping and such) does the mesh bracelet come in different sizes?Image

pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

WhaleTail wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:21 am With the DAD15 code (very similar discount to the 170SUN20) the C65 Trident yellow 316L LE comes to 1007 AUD, or $690 USD.
Is this the best price one can hope for? Was it on the 30% or 50% list at all?Image
On a different note: the Moonglow arrived today, surprisingly the bracelet is pretty tight on my 7 3/4 wrist (admittedly it was from nearly new section but everything looks brand spanking new with the plastic wrapping and such) does the mesh bracelet come in different sizes?Image

That looks like a Staib bracelet. They have them in 2 maybe 3 fixed lengths but all depends on what was "default" with this watch. You should check with CW if it is OEM Staib. If yes,you can buy extensions from Long Island Watch. Each link adds 5mm so measure accordingly before purchase. Link here https://www.longislandwatch.com/STAIB_W ... s/1953.htm
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

WhaleTail wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:21 am With the DAD15 code (very similar discount to the 170SUN20) the C65 Trident yellow 316L LE comes to 1007 AUD, or $690 USD.

I dont think so, but maybe I am wrong as I started to check the page far less frequent than before.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

WhaleTail wrote:With the DAD15 code (very similar discount to the 170SUN20) the C65 Trident yellow 316L LE comes to 1007 AUD, or $690 USD.
Is this the best price one can hope for? Was it on the 30% or 50% list at all?

The yellow c65 was $830 AUD ($570 usd) a little over a week ago
Screenshot_20200612-094811_Chrome.jpg
Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Post by WhaleTail »

mplsabdullah wrote:
WhaleTail wrote:With the DAD15 code (very similar discount to the 170SUN20) the C65 Trident yellow 316L LE comes to 1007 AUD, or $690 USD.
Is this the best price one can hope for? Was it on the 30% or 50% list at all?

The yellow c65 was $830 AUD ($570 usd) a little over a week ago
Screenshot_20200612-094811_Chrome.jpg
Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Oh shoot, I was so focused on the Moonglow (which I got) I did not even see that one.

WhaleTail
MoT Member

Post by WhaleTail »

With the new CW site; no place for clearance.

Am I missing something?

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Imagine it will reappear with the upcoming summer sale
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze