We're Moving!

Click for more info.

TJ Maxx And Other Local Deals

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
MP83
MoT Member

Re: TJ Maxx And Other Local Deals

Post by MP83 »

dumpweed wrote:Nordstrom rack has Timex marlin hand wind black dial $20
Picture borrowed from Google.

https://www.timex.com/marlin-hand-wound ... 200ZV.html

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/timex-marlin-hands-on
Thanks! Man I wish my local Nordstrom rack had any of the Marlins left - I just happened to be nearby my local store this morning and went in. They only had 2 of the Charlie Brown x Todd Snyder watches, they use the same case as the Marlin but are quartz. Who knows, for $20 there's not much to complaint about, may sell one and give another one to my 8 year old, it's definitely a bit nicer than her current Flik Flak and I think the case size will work.Image

let's connect on Instagram @a_watch_nerd

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

No $20 Marlin, but an interesting find at my local Nordstrom Rack. They had a lone white/silver dial Interstellar (Khaki Pilot Day Date Auto) tucked back behind a bunch of women’s Tissots and Invictas. No price tag so the woman had to go ask a manager. It was $450. A great deal if you can wear it but it was a little too big for me. They are $599 at Joma so not enough room for me to flip it for a worthwhile return once you account for tax and shipping.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
dumpweed
MoT Member

Post by dumpweed »

My local Walmart has some double or triple sensor Casio for $20 ~ 30.
CigarCity
MoT Member

Post by CigarCity »

NAD

YOU GUYS PISS ME OFF!!!! (There, I said it.)

Yesterday, I was working out of a different office for my firm. One that is close to both a TJ Maxx and a Nordtrom Rack. I swing by the TJ Maxx first and noticed they had a few new watches (and by a few I mean like maybe 5 or 6.) I made a mental note to find this thread and mention that everyone should check their local stores just in case. Then I go to the Rack. Low and behold I find a great deal on a Timex Marlin. I'm beside myself because finally, FINALLY I have something good to post on the deals thread.

Today, I remember my mental note about the TJ Maxx and come here to post.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

You guys have known about the Marlin at the Rack for 10 days!!!!!! CRAP!!!!!

Yet again, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Yet again, the bridesmaid, not the bride I thought I was yesterday. LOL.

Ok, Ok. Rant over.

Keep up the good work freaks!
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

These were the only interesting Timex finds at the Nordstrom Rack at Perimeter Mall area in Atlanta.
Didn't find anything at the Buckhead location.

Left all these there as I didn't feel the need to pick any of these up.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Stopped by my second-nearest Nordy Rack and snagged a Marlin and a Todd Snyder military. They also had about 4 Charlie Browns.

Be aware: CHECK THE WATCHES BEFORE YOU BUY THEM. They had a second Todd Snyder that wasn't ticking. When I pulled out the crown the second hand fell off.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
TCAL4404
MoT Member

Post by TCAL4404 »

my local tj maxx had a few promasters. Was seriously considering a gorgeous blue titanium citizen bn0201-02m, listed at $160! If the strap wasn't blue, it would be on my wrist already

Zipties
MoT Member

Post by Zipties »

TCAL4404 wrote:my local tj maxx had a few promasters. Was seriously considering a gorgeous blue titanium citizen bn0201-02m, listed at $160! If the strap wasn't blue, it would be on my wrist already

That is a good deal on that watch. I bet it would be great on any number of straps.
TCAL4404
MoT Member

Post by TCAL4404 »

Zipties wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:31 pm
TCAL4404 wrote:my local tj maxx had a few promasters. Was seriously considering a gorgeous blue titanium citizen bn0201-02m, listed at $160! If the strap wasn't blue, it would be on my wrist already

That is a good deal on that watch. I bet it would be great on any number of straps.
It is. So light and does not wear nearly as large as it's listed. Do I NEED another dive watch....? lol no. Do I have any Ti divers? No. I may go back and see if it's still there.

I scored on the Nordstrom Rack Marlin jackpot, they only had one. A bunch of the charlie brown's, blackjacks, and tm-1 diver (felt super cheap). The Marlin is such a charming little watch, really liking it thus far.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

TCAL4404 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:24 am
Zipties wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:31 pm

It is. So light and does not wear nearly as large as it's listed. Do I NEED another dive watch....? lol no. Do I have any Ti divers? No. I may go back and see if it's still there.

I scored on the Nordstrom Rack Marlin jackpot, they only had one. A bunch of the charlie brown's, blackjacks, and tm-1 diver (felt super cheap). The Marlin is such a charming little watch, really liking it thus far.
Best part of it, you can return it I think. The citizen will not disappoint, especially at that price.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Managed to score one of those Timex Marlin at NR, many of the TJMaxx I used to frequent seem to have pretty much dropped watches. Lucky to find one or at best a handful of fashion watches that are quickly sold.
CigarCity
MoT Member

Post by CigarCity »

Might be worth a run by your local TJ Maxx. I went by one today and they had a bunch of new watches. Unfortunately 90% were giant Invictas, but the Victorinox quartz models were marked down to a little over $100 and there was a nice Bulova Wilton Classic for $299.
3910767.jpg
Nice looking watch on a black leather strap. I'll have to remember to check back in a couple of weeks and see if it makes it to the mark-down case.
CigarCity
MoT Member

Post by CigarCity »

Went by another TJ Maxx at lunch and amongst the Invictas was a black Victorinox INOX on a black leather strap for $99.99. Again, may be worth a trip to your local store.
ossamanity
MoT Member

Post by ossamanity »

Check your local stores clearance section I found this for $80!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

ossamanity wrote:Check your local stores clearance section I found this for $80!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice find! What store, and was the watch located in a special clearance section, or was it located among all the other watches?