We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Greentoe "name your price" Successes & Failures

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
BATMAN
MoT Member

Re: Greentoe "name your price" Successes & Failures

Post by BATMAN »

My STO Samurai SRPC93 showed up today. It was shipped from a company called electronic express (https://www.electronicexpress.com/)

The warranty card is not stamped but everything looks good. The chapter ring looks bang on from what I can tell, all the plastic still on the bracelet and the back of the case. Doesn't look to be used or a display model. I think I got lucky. Not sure if my small wrist can handle the samurai so I'm not sure if I'll be keeping it. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Re: Greentoe

Post by BostonCharlie »

BATMAN wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:49 pm ... Not sure if my small wrist can handle the samurai so I'm not sure if I'll be keeping it. ...
Excellent! My 6-1/2" wrist handles the Samurai well. I think the Samurai has a good L2L for smaller wrists -- just measured mine at 48mm.
dumberdrummer
MoT Member

Post by dumberdrummer »

$168 tax free, delivered...probably one of the better deals in 2020 (excluding the TJ Maxx Victorinox Airboss and Alpnach bargains, of course!). Bezel and chapter ring alignments are just ever so slightly off (of course!), but so far this is proving to be my most accurate 4R35/4R36 movement @ +4 seconds/day out-of-the-box! I submitted in an offer for another at the same price, but somehow I'm not too optimistic that lightening is gonna strike twice, lol!
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

Another Greentoe Seiko Samurai STO success story! I'd say it's a stunner, especially at $168. I guess that makes it a stunning success story? Thanks, yinzburgher & BostonCharlie for helping make it happen!
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

It's been awhile, but I just noticed that Google might be giving away Greentoe's prices in their web search results. In the past I would search Google Shopping where I might find the Greentoe listing I wanted. Now using straight web search reliably shows a price next to the listing. The Google Shopping results are still different because following the link gives you the low "Greentoe Now" price, where the web result link lands you on their standard page where they want you to make an offer.

greentoe.png
rich_in_the_lou
MoT Member

Post by rich_in_the_lou »

Reading BBB review

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-francisco ... 1208206520

makes me feel leery of Greentoe Good Luck to my friends here who have patronized Greentoe