As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Montredo Chatter

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Montredo Chatter

Post by Robotaz »

I really think Montredo deserves a thread for now.

I can’t believe some of the deals. It’s kinda crazy. I can’t think of a better selection with prices even close to this low and with manufacturer warranties.

I did notice one Oris I looked at, a 5-day Propilot power reserve that is normally $5800 and I think $2650 or so, and it said 10 months left on manufacture’s warranty, but brand new condition. Seems odd.

Does anybody know more of the background on these people and why some warranties are used up to some extent?

There are several Nomos models that I really like on the Nomos website that say 4-5 day delivery, which is in stock, or 2 weeks, but Montredo doesn’t show them at all. I wonder if an email could get us the option of buying.
Last edited by Robotaz on Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BATMAN
MoT Member

Re: Montredo Chatter

Post by BATMAN »

Got my eye on this one. Probably wouldn't buy something this expensive for a few years though

https://www.montredo.com/watches/grand- ... 225/22381/

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

BATMAN wrote:Got my eye on this one. Probably wouldn't buy something this expensive for a few years though

https://www.montredo.com/watches/grand- ... 225/22381/

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Of the GS/Seiko deals that I see, this one has most of my attention:

SNR037J1

https://www.montredo.com/watches/seiko/ ... 7j1/33183/

Penfold36
MoT Member

Post by Penfold36 »

My guess is for the ones in stock, the warranties are already activated. So if they've had them for awhile, you are seeing a reduced warranty timeline. Others that they have to order from ADs, you would get the full warranty timeline. Basically, Montredo, Uhrinstinkt, etc. are like our grey market places (Jomashop, Watchmaxx, etc.) except you get the full manufacturer warranties. I've heard (but haven't investigated further) that in Germany (maybe even the EU), they can't sell watches without the full warranty, so that's why these places have them. From everything I've read, both sites are highly reputable. The only complaints I really come across are delivery time issues. So as long as you go into it with managed expectations, I think everything should be fine. As I mentioned in the main thread, I have an order in with Montredo, but it's a hefty wait time. I'm in no rush, so I'm going to let it play out.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Penfold36 wrote:My guess is for the ones in stock, the warranties are already activated. So if they've had them for awhile, you are seeing a reduced warranty timeline. Others that they have to order from ADs, you would get the full warranty timeline. Basically, Montredo, Uhrinstinkt, etc. are like our grey market places (Jomashop, Watchmaxx, etc.) except you get the full manufacturer warranties. I've heard (but haven't investigated further) that in Germany (maybe even the EU), they can't sell watches without the full warranty, so that's why these places have them. From everything I've read, both sites are highly reputable. The only complaints I really come across are delivery time issues. So as long as you go into it with managed expectations, I think everything should be fine. As I mentioned in the main thread, I have an order in with Montredo, but it's a hefty wait time. I'm in no rush, so I'm going to let it play out.
Sounds great to me. I’m a serial flipper, and manufacturer warranty makes my purchases much safer to break even. I no longer want to make anything due to the PayPal 1099 issue, but breaking even is awesome.

Do you know if an email can get a product listed? I’d like to get a Nomos or two added to pick up.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Penfold36 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:49 pm My guess is for the ones in stock, the warranties are already activated. So if they've had them for awhile, you are seeing a reduced warranty timeline. Others that they have to order from ADs, you would get the full warranty timeline. Basically, Montredo, Uhrinstinkt, etc. are like our grey market places (Jomashop, Watchmaxx, etc.) except you get the full manufacturer warranties. I've heard (but haven't investigated further) that in Germany (maybe even the EU), they can't sell watches without the full warranty, so that's why these places have them. From everything I've read, both sites are highly reputable. The only complaints I really come across are delivery time issues. So as long as you go into it with managed expectations, I think everything should be fine. As I mentioned in the main thread, I have an order in with Montredo, but it's a hefty wait time. I'm in no rush, so I'm going to let it play out.
Did they charge tax? Did you have to pay the full amount?

They have some crazy prices if the import duties and such doesn’t kill it.
Penfold36
MoT Member

Post by Penfold36 »

Robotaz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:00 pm
Penfold36 wrote:My guess is for the ones in stock, the warranties are already activated. So if they've had them for awhile, you are seeing a reduced warranty timeline. Others that they have to order from ADs, you would get the full warranty timeline. Basically, Montredo, Uhrinstinkt, etc. are like our grey market places (Jomashop, Watchmaxx, etc.) except you get the full manufacturer warranties. I've heard (but haven't investigated further) that in Germany (maybe even the EU), they can't sell watches without the full warranty, so that's why these places have them. From everything I've read, both sites are highly reputable. The only complaints I really come across are delivery time issues. So as long as you go into it with managed expectations, I think everything should be fine. As I mentioned in the main thread, I have an order in with Montredo, but it's a hefty wait time. I'm in no rush, so I'm going to let it play out.
Sounds great to me. I’m a serial flipper, and manufacturer warranty makes my purchases much safer to break even. I no longer want to make anything due to the PayPal 1099 issue, but breaking even is awesome.

Do you know if an email can get a product listed? I’d like to get a Nomos or two added to pick up.

I assume you can always request something, but I haven't done it. In my limited experience, they were pretty responsive (just keep in mind the time difference).
Penfold36
MoT Member

Post by Penfold36 »

whoagorgeous wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:41 pm
Penfold36 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:49 pm My guess is for the ones in stock, the warranties are already activated. So if they've had them for awhile, you are seeing a reduced warranty timeline. Others that they have to order from ADs, you would get the full warranty timeline. Basically, Montredo, Uhrinstinkt, etc. are like our grey market places (Jomashop, Watchmaxx, etc.) except you get the full manufacturer warranties. I've heard (but haven't investigated further) that in Germany (maybe even the EU), they can't sell watches without the full warranty, so that's why these places have them. From everything I've read, both sites are highly reputable. The only complaints I really come across are delivery time issues. So as long as you go into it with managed expectations, I think everything should be fine. As I mentioned in the main thread, I have an order in with Montredo, but it's a hefty wait time. I'm in no rush, so I'm going to let it play out.
Did they charge tax? Did you have to pay the full amount?

They have some crazy prices if the import duties and such doesn’t kill it.
I did pay the full amount, so if it's a long wait and you don't want your money tied up then that's something you need to consider. They said if I change my mind, they'll refund at any time.

They did not charge any tax. They charged the price quoted on the website. That's it.
NeedWatch12Step
MoT Member

Post by NeedWatch12Step »

I thought this chat on WUS was interesting. Seems like prompt refunds if they cannot deliver, (and they sometimes don’t), but it could be worse.
https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/mont ... t.2469993/

Man, I’d like to gamble on a GS coming through.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Montredo Chatter

Post by Robotaz »

NeedWatch12Step wrote:I thought this chat on WUS was interesting. Seems like prompt refunds if they cannot deliver, (and they sometimes don’t), but it could be worse.
https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/mont ... t.2469993/

Man, I’d like to gamble on a GS coming through.
Not having read that thread, there would obviously be times they have sent payment on your behalf within a certain window between the manufacturer or distributor confirming they have an item and the item being shipped out. If Montredo bought a bunch of watches that have come up on stock and people wanted out in that brief window it would sink them. I totally get that.

Edit - I read the short thread and it’s typical moronic WUS talk.
clownbaby
MoT Member

Post by clownbaby »

Has anyone come across a promo code for the site?
Fuzzysquid
MoT Member

Post by Fuzzysquid »

Just bought a Pelagos 39 from them. It wasn’t on their site, I inquired via email. It was actually the second time I inquired, the first time 6 months ago they were (unsurprisingly) not able to source. Price was good and did not include VAT for me as a US customer. They shipped via DHL which means I had to pay customs through DHL plus their convenience fee on top of that. Even so, I ended up paying less than retail on a watch that hasn’t been available from any local AD.

The watch was new with full manufacturer warranty, dated when watch was shipped. The only downside is the long wait time when they don’t have the watch in stock. They estimated 1–2 weeks, but it ended up being a full month.