Help me find a bargain thread

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Re: Help me find a bargain thread

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Dub Rubb wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:I haven't bought a watch in months but I really have the urge to buy something now. I saw the geckota w-01 released a few days ago and I actually really like the looks of it. I'm so close to ordering one but figure I'd ask here for ideas on other stuff around that price. For a couple years now I've been wanting a nice gloss white dial watch with blue hands, 40mm or less case, something in the style of a marine chronometer or deck watch (ie stowa marine small seconds). Kinda like something you'd wear on a really nice yacht with a polo shirt and some leather boat shoes if you catch my drift :D

Just reading your description, I IMMEDIATELY thought of the Portsea. Such a gorgeous looking watch, although I haven't seen one in person.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Yes they are awesome looking. Unfortunately they stopped making them however. I was close to buying one years ago but the quality control wasn't as good on them back then.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:33 pm
Dub Rubb wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:I haven't bought a watch in months but I really have the urge to buy something now. I saw the geckota w-01 released a few days ago and I actually really like the looks of it. I'm so close to ordering one but figure I'd ask here for ideas on other stuff around that price. For a couple years now I've been wanting a nice gloss white dial watch with blue hands, 40mm or less case, something in the style of a marine chronometer or deck watch (ie stowa marine small seconds). Kinda like something you'd wear on a really nice yacht with a polo shirt and some leather boat shoes if you catch my drift :D

Just reading your description, I IMMEDIATELY thought of the Portsea. Such a gorgeous looking watch, although I haven't seen one in person.

Yes they are awesome looking. Unfortunately they stopped making them however. I was close to buying one years ago but the quality control wasn't as good on them back then.
I took a serious look after reading your post. Interesting jumping hour at this price point. Wish them they would make it bigger, say 40mm, or even 41 to 42mm. If applied markers, even more amazing. Cant complain at this price point of course.
konax
MoT Member

Post by konax »

Not necessarily "help me find a bargain", but rather advise me when (and where) is the best time to look for deals in Japan: I haven't did any shopping there yet, but I quite fancy a JDM-only G-Shock. I'm not in a hurry though. Is there a particular time of the year when there are better deals to be had, or should I just set alerts on ebay and hunt as usual? Also, do you recommend any particular sellers or stores that usually have good prices? I know gathering rakuten/ebates rewards is quite popular, but pretty much no cashback sites are an option where I live.

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

konax wrote:Not necessarily "help me find a bargain", but rather advise me when (and where) is the best time to look for deals in Japan: I haven't did any shopping there yet, but I quite fancy a JDM-only G-Shock. I'm not in a hurry though. Is there a particular time of the year when there are better deals to be had, or should I just set alerts on ebay and hunt as usual? Also, do you recommend any particular sellers or stores that usually have good prices? I know gathering rakuten/ebates rewards is quite popular, but pretty much no cashback sites are an option where I live.
It's really hard finding jdm deals right now not only because Rakuten global shut down outside of Japan, but also because Japan EMS has been closed for months. Your best bet is maybe seiya Japan or shoppinginjapan.net or just eBay
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Tarak Trisaltuol wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:26 am Always wanted to start a thread like this. Only thing keeping me from it is that I live in Europe, all the watch deals happening in america. So. But great idea!!

Searching a new oris diver 65 36mm for <1k [emoji95] i know it is possible.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
[mention]Tarak Trisaltuol[/mention] I know this is an old post but these pre-owned auctions might be worth a look if you're still hunting for one of these. There is also a "buy it now" going for less than normal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324216463147?ul_noapp=true
Tarak Trisaltuol

Post by Tarak Trisaltuol »

yinzburgher wrote:
Tarak Trisaltuol wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:26 am Always wanted to start a thread like this. Only thing keeping me from it is that I live in Europe, all the watch deals happening in america. So. But great idea!!

Searching a new oris diver 65 36mm for <1k [emoji95] i know it is possible.

[mention]Tarak Trisaltuol[/mention] I know this is an old post but these pre-owned auctions might be worth a look if you're still hunting for one of these. There is also a "buy it now" going for less than normal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324216463147?ul_noapp=true
Thank you so much for thinking of me! I really snagged one in the meantime from Japan, fully new!

Thanks a lot man!

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Alright boys. Looking to help out a buddy since ge knows I am all about the watch deals. Looking for a Seiko SRPD21 great white turtle for a good price. Thought I had it for him for about $250, but the Macy's email sign-up code didn't work since it was already discounted. Now I feel bad after having him sign up for the macys newsletter AND Rakuten (they had 10% cash back).

No rush on this, as I think $275 or so is an attainable goal. I will keep searching myself, but if any of you guys find something, please help a brother out.

Thanks in advance!

Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Dub Rubb wrote:Alright boys. Looking to help out a buddy since ge knows I am all about the watch deals. Looking for a Seiko SRPD21 great white turtle for a good price. Thought I had it for him for about $250, but the Macy's email sign-up code didn't work since it was already discounted. Now I feel bad after having him sign up for the macys newsletter AND Rakuten (they had 10% cash back).

No rush on this, as I think $275 or so is an attainable goal. I will keep searching myself, but if any of you guys find something, please help a brother out.

Thanks in advance!

Just going to trod this out here, but $315 from REJ after the 40% off code. May also be worth asking if they can go down to $275 or thereabouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Dub Rubb wrote:Alright boys. Looking to help out a buddy since ge knows I am all about the watch deals. Looking for a Seiko SRPD21 great white turtle for a good price. Thought I had it for him for about $250, but the Macy's email sign-up code didn't work since it was already discounted. Now I feel bad after having him sign up for the macys newsletter AND Rakuten (they had 10% cash back).

Thanks in advance!

$295 with free shipping and accepts offers... worth a shot!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283935011622
EA-Sports
MoT Member

Post by EA-Sports »

Anyone have a lead on a deal on Marathon watches? Really interested in their Arctic/white dial model.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

EA-Sports wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:43 am Anyone have a lead on a deal on Marathon watches? Really interested in their Arctic/white dial model.

Try reaching out to Greg at WatchMann.
He's a Marathon AD and might be willing to work with you.

Is this the model you're looking at?

https://www.watchmann.com/proddetail.ph ... 4027-NM-WD
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
EA-Sports
MoT Member

Post by EA-Sports »

TheJohnP wrote:
EA-Sports wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:43 am Anyone have a lead on a deal on Marathon watches? Really interested in their Arctic/white dial model.

Try reaching out to Greg at WatchMann.
He's a Marathon AD and might be willing to work with you.

Is this the model you're looking at?

https://www.watchmann.com/proddetail.ph ... 4027-NM-WD
Yup, that one.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Have my eye on a Mühle-Glashütte Panova Blau.

Best price I can find is at The Luxury Well, but maybe someone might know of a better deal out there?
If so hit me up.

Again, prefer the blue, but if someone has a line on an amazing price for the grey (Grau) or green (Grün), I'm willing to listen. ;)

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
ossamanity
MoT Member

Help me find a bargain thread

Post by ossamanity »

My brother just messaged me that he has developed some feelings for Seiko recraft snkp27. Can someone help me find a decent price on this one? Thanks.
Watchzero22
MoT Member

Post by Watchzero22 »

ossamanity wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:52 am My brother just messaged me that he has developed some feelings for Seiko recraft snkp27. Can someone help me find a decent price on this one? Thanks.
I found the cheapest one from newegg for US$123.98 and I think you can sign up your email for US$10 off possibly bringing it down to 113.98. This is compared to Jomashop price of 137.99 (out of stock)

https://www.newegg.com/seiko-snkp25/p/1 ... rce=region#