We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Help me find a bargain thread

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
flypanam
MoT Member

Re: Help me find a bargain thread

Post by flypanam »

I'm looking for a seiko blue moon **** time. I used to have one but raffled it off because at the time I had the limited edition star bar one with a similar color. But I never wear it since it feels so "precious" and of course the price jumped in the past 2 years since I got rid of it. Just looking for one for a reasonable price, in any condition that's decent enough that it doesnt look beat up without close-ish inspection. I really miss it :[
Scruffy believes in this forum
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

flypanam wrote:I'm looking for a seiko blue moon **** time. I used to have one but raffled it off because at the time I had the limited edition star bar one with a similar color. But I never wear it since it feels so "precious" and of course the price jumped in the past 2 years since I got rid of it. Just looking for one for a reasonable price, in any condition that's decent enough that it doesnt look beat up without close-ish inspection. I really miss it :[
Here are two used ones on Rakuten:

https://item.rakuten.co.jp/closer01/569146/

27280 jpy

Same listing on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/284005308943

https://item.rakuten.co.jp/ioki-shop1/32a0428/

28600 jpy

And here's a brand new one:

https://item.rakuten.co.jp/seiko3s/srpb41j1/

32980 jpy

And here's my rough guide on buying from Yahoo auctions with a proxy, but it's the same idea for buying off Rakuten Japan viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2073

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

here is one brain teaser for you:
- looking for a watch priced up to 1200-1300 USD
- case size 35-38mm (for tiny tiny wrist)
- quality stainless steel bracelet
- not too sporty / no diving bezel
- automatic movement (i prefer something easily servicible like ETA2824 or sellitas) - maybe handwound nomos would be also ok :)
- white or light color dial is much preferred
- preferably swiss made, well known brand (like longines, Rado, etc, i was looking into some eternas too)
- it is for a lady, so although she preferes mens/unisex design, it CAN be a lady watch
- she is currently wearing a Certina DS-1 Podium white dial with gold accents on a strap. I was even thinking of getting the same watch with bracelet :D (but i have to say that podium bracelet looks like total crap). also, i more and more move away from Hamilton watches.
- budget does not to be burned completely, i.e. if you know of an Omega for 600 which checks out the whole list, even better

all and any advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers, Phil
feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

two examples found so far:
tudor 1926 in 36mm size (most places over budget)
https://www.chrono24.cz/tudor/tudor-192 ... 329857.htm

some rados (mostly look too big, but who knows)

https://www.jomashop.com/rado-watch-r22860023.html

https://www.jomashop.com/rado-coupole-c ... 60024.html
feltharg wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:48 am here is one brain teaser for you:
- automatic movement (i prefer something easily servicible like ETA2824 or sellitas) - maybe handwound nomos would be also ok :)
- preferably swiss made, well known brand (like longines, Rado, etc, i was looking into some eternas too)
- it is for a lady, so although she preferes mens/unisex design, it CAN be a lady watch
- she is currently wearing a Certina DS-1 Podium white dial with gold accents on a strap. I was even thinking of getting the same watch with bracelet :D (but i have to say that podium bracelet looks like total crap). also, i more and more move away from Hamilton watches.
- budget does not to be burned completely, i.e. if you know of an Omega for 600 which checks out the whole list, even better

Cheers, Phil
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Cheers, Phil
How about the Longines Présence Small Second Automatic, model # L4.805.4.11.6

https://www.longines.com/en-us/watch-pr ... 805-4-11-6

Dimension: 38.50 mm
Movement Type: Automatic
Material: Stainless steel
Colour: White matte
MSRP is $1,500

Best price is I can find is at Ann Louise out of Canada.
They will ship to US for $30.

https://annlouise.ca/products/presence- ... 805-4-11-6

Price is $1,480.00 CAD roughly $1,122.28

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

Thats a beauty, thank you JohnP. And caliber 2895/2 (they call it L615) is tempting. The "format" of the watch is too large, I think, should try in person somewhere.

Anyways, the more i think about it, i more and more incline towards that tudor 1926. Stunning classic design, great brand, trouble free movement (...knocks on the wood...). i think i will go on a hunt for that one in 36mm (which is the sweetspot).
TheJohnP wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:44 pm

Cheers, Phil
How about the Longines Présence Small Second Automatic, model # L4.805.4.11.6

https://www.longines.com/en-us/watch-pr ... 805-4-11-6

Dimension: 38.50 mm
Movement Type: Automatic
Material: Stainless steel
Colour: White matte
MSRP is $1,500

Best price is I can find is at Ann Louise out of Canada.
They will ship to US for $30.

https://annlouise.ca/products/presence- ... 805-4-11-6

Price is $1,480.00 CAD roughly $1,122.28

feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

I will be more specific:
Looking for the best deal on "white" dial steel Tudor 1926 in 36mm. That means 91450-0001 or 91450-0005
https://www.jomashop.com/tudor-1926-wat ... -0001.html currently on sale at Joma
https://www.jomashop.com/tudor-1926-wat ... -0005.html (currently sold out)

Best price right now is at Joma: $1475 plus tax (free shipping, possible $10 coupon?)
Budget is $1300 so the further bellow 1400 i could get, the better. Should i wait for the price to drop?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Yema Superman in 41mm. Color and quartz or auto doesn't matter.

Under $300 preferred.

If this can be done, I'll buy it and put my 39mm Superman French Air Force up for sale.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Any good deals on Amazon currently? I just realized I've been sitting on some Amazon gift cards since last Christmas that I dont want to spend on the usual Amazon junk that I buy. The Orient Kamasu that [mention]Tsarli[/mention] posted on the deals thread is really tempting, but I'm curious if there's anything else in that general price range out there. Lemme know!

Edit - also friendly reminder to everyone out there to always use Amazon Smile for all your Amazon purchases, which costs you nothing but will donate a small percentage of your money to a charity of your choice. It helps offset a small amount of the guilt you may feel from supporting giant evil corporations that you're throwing your money at 🙃

Edit 2 - there are a couple orient triton models on Amazon for an okay price, but cheaper on jomashop. Tritons in general are a great value proposition with the same movement as the much more expensive M-Force watches and an actual ISO certification, but if I can get something significantly cheaper somewhere else, I would rather find something thats at least sort of a deal on Amazon than just buy it because I have gift card credit. The kamasu at least is a decent deal. If that makes sense?
Scruffy believes in this forum
denormalize
MoT Member

Post by denormalize »

Bell & Ross BR 03-92 GREY LUM - Ref: BR0392-GC3-ST/SCA

I've been looking for a deal on this one for a while, lowest I've found is the sale right now on Jomashop $2,380.00

My trigger price is $2000 or less shipped!
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

denormalize wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:24 pm Bell & Ross BR 03-92 GREY LUM - Ref: BR0392-GC3-ST/SCA

I've been looking for a deal on this one for a while, lowest I've found is the sale right now on Jomashop $2,380.00

Best I find in $2295.02. PM sent.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
denormalize
MoT Member

Post by denormalize »

watchpalooza wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:37 am
denormalize wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:24 pm Bell & Ross BR 03-92 GREY LUM - Ref: BR0392-GC3-ST/SCA

Best I find in $2295.02. PM sent.
Thank you for finding that, went OOS before I took your advice and contacted the seller, it is still available on their site, still worth a call!
beefyt
MoT Member

Post by beefyt »

Hey guys, it's been a while. I hopped on WUS this morning for a deals recap, got disappointed by the lack of movement, and then remembered the split! A move across country, a new kid, a furlough. I've not bought or sold a watch in nearly 2 years and am out of the loop!
So I recently started a great new job with a Euro-based company, and as their first US employee, all of my colleagues are 7hrs ahead.
In a normal world, with my 40th birthday coming up next week, I'd have viewed this as a perfect time to finally pick up that Polar Explorer II! Unfortunately the bank accounts are depleted from furloughs, moves, kids and whatnot, so this purchase will require restraint.
Requirements:
No more than 42mm, 48 l-2-l is nearing my max
No obvious homage/no Pepsi.
fixed outer bezel, or 24hr track on the inside.
While I'd love an Auto, I feel like quartz may be the prudent choice.
I'd obviously love a travelers GMT - but until we're traveling again, I'll actually be using it in the meantime for calling different timezones.
Budget - I need to play ball <$500.

I am not blown away by what I've found. I'd love giant wrists and more money to grab one of those Lacos, but that ain't happening!
Short list so far:

Traser Aurora - $342 on strap with coupon from GemDay

Steinhart OV GMT - $557 new from Steinhart, $500 used from some dude on forum

Rotary Henley - $194 shipped DHL from UK

Maratac GMT - $225

I know that the Traser and Steinhart will wear large. Rotary is a UK fashion brand. Maratac will frustrate me with 18mm lugs.

Help - what am I missing? Anything that's jumped out at you today during your BF perusing?
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

beefyt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:02 pm Hey guys, it's been a while. I hopped on WUS this morning for a deals recap, got disappointed by the lack of movement, and then remembered the split! A move across country, a new kid, a furlough. I've not bought or sold a watch in nearly 2 years and am out of the loop!
So I recently started a great new job with a Euro-based company, and as their first US employee, all of my colleagues are 7hrs ahead.
In a normal world, with my 40th birthday coming up next week, I'd have viewed this as a perfect time to finally pick up that Polar Explorer II! Unfortunately the bank accounts are depleted from furloughs, moves, kids and whatnot, so this purchase will require restraint.
Requirements:
No more than 42mm, 48 l-2-l is nearing my max
No obvious homage/no Pepsi.
fixed outer bezel, or 24hr track on the inside.
While I'd love an Auto, I feel like quartz may be the prudent choice.
I'd obviously love a travelers GMT - but until we're traveling again, I'll actually be using it in the meantime for calling different timezones.
Budget - I need to play ball <$500.

I am not blown away by what I've found. I'd love giant wrists and more money to grab one of those Lacos, but that ain't happening!
Short list so far:

Traser Aurora - $342 on strap with coupon from GemDay

Steinhart OV GMT - $557 new from Steinhart, $500 used from some dude on forum

Rotary Henley - $194 shipped DHL from UK

Maratac GMT - $225

I know that the Traser and Steinhart will wear large. Rotary is a UK fashion brand. Maratac will frustrate me with 18mm lugs.

Help - what am I missing? Anything that's jumped out at you today during your BF perusing?
Sounds like maybe you need a worldtimer more than a GMT.
How about this Citizen radio controlled World Timer?
$250ish from Rogers & Hollands.

https://rogersandhollands.com/citizen-w ... cb0160-51l

Model page from Citizen -
https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/prod ... 0-51L.html

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

Well, maybe I'll finally break down and get my first Seiko. Preference is for a SBDY027 (SRPD11J1), though a non-MIJ SRPD11 isn't out of the question. Best I've found so far for the J1 is $438 plus schlepping & fondling from Japan; best for the non-J1 is $368. Anyone seen better?