Help me find a bargain thread

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
recapt
MoT Member

Help me find a bargain thread

Post by recapt »

beefyt wrote:Hey guys, it's been a while. I hopped on WUS this morning for a deals recap, got disappointed by the lack of movement, and then remembered the split! A move across country, a new kid, a furlough. I've not bought or sold a watch in nearly 2 years and am out of the loop!
So I recently started a great new job with a Euro-based company, and as their first US employee, all of my colleagues are 7hrs ahead.
In a normal world, with my 40th birthday coming up next week, I'd have viewed this as a perfect time to finally pick up that Polar Explorer II! Unfortunately the bank accounts are depleted from furloughs, moves, kids and whatnot, so this purchase will require restraint.
Requirements:
No more than 42mm, 48 l-2-l is nearing my max
No obvious homage/no Pepsi.
fixed outer bezel, or 24hr track on the inside.
While I'd love an Auto, I feel like quartz may be the prudent choice.
I'd obviously love a travelers GMT - but until we're traveling again, I'll actually be using it in the meantime for calling different timezones.
Budget - I need to play ball <$500.

I am not blown away by what I've found. I'd love giant wrists and more money to grab one of those Lacos, but that ain't happening!
Short list so far:

Traser Aurora - $342 on strap with coupon from GemDay

Steinhart OV GMT - $557 new from Steinhart, $500 used from some dude on forum

Rotary Henley - $194 shipped DHL from UK

Maratac GMT - $225

I know that the Traser and Steinhart will wear large. Rotary is a UK fashion brand. Maratac will frustrate me with 18mm lugs.

Help - what am I missing? Anything that's jumped out at you today during your BF perusing?
What a year. It sounds like you’ve earned this new watch...

If you are considering quartz watches from fashion brands, this one always catches my eye. I prefer the bracelet look but the brown strap version is only $120 right now. Only 46mm lug-to-lug and the raised numerals seem to give the dial some nice dimension.

https://www.linjer.co/products/the-gmt- ... 4123205692

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Re: Help me find a bargain thread

Post by BostonCharlie »

beefyt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:02 pm Hey guys, it's been a while. I hopped on WUS this morning for a deals recap, got disappointed by the lack of movement, and then remembered the split! A move across country, a new kid, a furlough. I've not bought or sold a watch in nearly 2 years and am out of the loop!
So I recently started a great new job with a Euro-based company, and as their first US employee, all of my colleagues are 7hrs ahead.
In a normal world, with my 40th birthday coming up next week, I'd have viewed this as a perfect time to finally pick up that Polar Explorer II! Unfortunately the bank accounts are depleted from furloughs, moves, kids and whatnot, so this purchase will require restraint.
Requirements:
No more than 42mm, 48 l-2-l is nearing my max
No obvious homage/no Pepsi.
fixed outer bezel, or 24hr track on the inside.
While I'd love an Auto, I feel like quartz may be the prudent choice.
I'd obviously love a travelers GMT - but until we're traveling again, I'll actually be using it in the meantime for calling different timezones.
Budget - I need to play ball <$500.

I am not blown away by what I've found. I'd love giant wrists and more money to grab one of those Lacos, but that ain't happening!
Short list so far:

Help - what am I missing? Anything that's jumped out at you today during your BF perusing?
Not sure if this lands near the mark, but I thought it was cool. 38mm x 8.1mm, 18mm lug width, 259 EUR w/ VAT (214 EUR w/o VAT, or about 256 USD).

https://www.seriouswatches.com/products ... df-9006-0c

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

MAAHHH THE FRENCH! wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:03 pm Well, maybe I'll finally break down and get my first Seiko. Preference is for a SBDY027 (SRPD11J1), though a non-MIJ SRPD11 isn't out of the question. Best I've found so far for the J1 is $438 plus schlepping & fondling from Japan; best for the non-J1 is $368. Anyone seen better?
I see the SBDY027 for $394.20 incl. free shipping from Japan on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEIKO-SBDY ... 3715098941

UPDATE: I guess I wasn't paying attention -- RE currently shows OOS :-(
River's Edge has it here for $575 before their 30% BF discount (or whatever special MoT promos might be going). Even if the MoT promo is expired, I'd reach out to them and see what they can do for you:
https://shop.riveredgejewelers.com/prod ... date-watch

I see that Rakuten has 10% cash back for Macy's atm, which would help w/ the sales tax on their non-J $368 listing:
https://www.macys.com/shop/product/seik ... ID=8301960

Adding some eye candy:

Last edited by BostonCharlie on Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beefyt
MoT Member

Post by beefyt »

I gave into the ticking clock over at TOM, and picked this guy up for under $300. Seems a bit thick, but only 40mm and an auto for cheaper than most quartz that I was eyeing.

mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Thanks to the post in the desls thread I've found myself interested in the Citizen Tsuno chronos again. Trying to find a deal on the white dial AV0080-88A. Best I can find so for is about $570 +$20 shipping. Not bad but considering how much the other colors can go for it's a little steep.

Thanks in advance guys 👍
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

BostonCharlie wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:16 am
MAAHHH THE FRENCH! wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:03 pm Well, maybe I'll finally break down and get my first Seiko. Preference is for a SBDY027 (SRPD11J1), though a non-MIJ SRPD11 isn't out of the question. Best I've found so far for the J1 is $438 plus schlepping & fondling from Japan; best for the non-J1 is $368. Anyone seen better?

River's Edge has it here for $575 before their 30% BF discount (or whatever special MoT promos might be going). Even if the MoT promo is expired, I'd reach out to them and see what they can do for you:

I see that Rakuten has 10% cash back for Macy's atm, which would help w/ the sales tax on their non-J $368 listing:

Adding some eye candy:

Yeah, I don't know what's up with REJ and Seiko, I've checked back there off and on a few times. Last time I looked they had all of one model in stock. Now they're up to 18. I recall there being something of an embargo from Japan to US due to COVID wackiness, maybe that's the problem. At least they're no longer listed as GShocks. :)

I'd somehow completely forgotten about Ebay and had just been looking at retailers. Derp. Thanks for the reminder. That one seller's feedback makes me a bit wary but I see a lightly used one that's close. Good call on Rakuten too.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

mplsabdullah wrote:Thanks to the post in the desls thread I've found myself interested in the Citizen Tsuno chronos again. Trying to find a deal on the white dial AV0080-88A. Best I can find so for is about $570 +$20 shipping. Not bad but considering how much the other colors can go for it's a little steep.

Thanks in advance guys [emoji106]
That's actually a good price for that model right now. It's one of the new colorways in Ti not widely, or even available in the states. May get lucky and find a better deal before Christmas or it will likely take longer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

PetWatch wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:44 am
mplsabdullah wrote:Thanks to the post in the desls thread I've found myself interested in the Citizen Tsuno chronos again. Trying to find a deal on the white dial AV0080-88A. Best I can find so for is about $570 +$20 shipping. Not bad but considering how much the other colors can go for it's a little steep.

Thanks in advance guys [emoji106]
That's actually a good price for that model right now. It's one of the new colorways in Ti not widely, or even available in the states. May get lucky and find a better deal before Christmas or it will likely take longer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply.These have been on my radar since they where announced. The other colorways always tempted however this panda pushed me over the edge.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

MAAHHH THE FRENCH! wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:41 am
BostonCharlie wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:16 am

Adding some eye candy:

Yeah, I don't know what's up with REJ and Seiko, I've checked back there off and on a few times. Last time I looked they had all of one model in stock. Now they're up to 18. I recall there being something of an embargo from Japan to US due to COVID wackiness, maybe that's the problem. At least they're no longer listed as GShocks. :)

I'd somehow completely forgotten about Ebay and had just been looking at retailers. Derp. Thanks for the reminder. That one seller's feedback makes me a bit wary but I see a lightly used one that's close. Good call on Rakuten too.
I know it's not the same, but if you apply enough codes (I started with WATCHES10 and YOUGET20 -- they stack; see link below for discussion of additional one-off codes) maybe the price will make up for it (SRPC91). The bezel and crown appear to be black, anyhow, lol:
https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-34408 ... srpc91.jsp

40% code discussion here (and thereabouts).

peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

I'd like to try out the Timex MK1 Mechanical to see if I like it enough to replace one of my two Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanicals. Please tag me in if you see a particularly attractive deal on it. I'm not in a hurry. Thanks!

Living a comeback montage.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

peskydonut wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:51 pm I'd like to try out the Timex MK1 Mechanical to see if I like it enough to replace one of my two Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanicals. Please tag me in if you see a particularly attractive deal on it. I'm not in a hurry. Thanks!

Me too, please! Really want to pick this up on the cheap.
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

BostonCharlie wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:25 am I know it's not the same, but if you apply enough codes (I started with WATCHES10 and YOUGET20 -- they stack; see link below for discussion of additional one-off codes) maybe the price will make up for it (SRPC91). The bezel and crown appear to be black, anyhow, lol:

Hmm, yeeesss...a little Testor's black, nobody'd ever know the difference! But it could be the lower-hassle option to COVIDy international holiday-season adventures. Actually, in the process of mulling it over, YOUGET20 seems to have been replaced with FAMILYSAVE for 25% off. Jinkies!

EDIT: Poop, the 30% and 40% codes stopped working too.
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

MAAHHH THE FRENCH! wrote:
BostonCharlie wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:25 am I know it's not the same, but if you apply enough codes (I started with WATCHES10 and YOUGET20 -- they stack; see link below for discussion of additional one-off codes) maybe the price will make up for it (SRPC91). The bezel and crown appear to be black, anyhow, lol:

Hmm, yeeesss...a little Testor's black, nobody'd ever know the difference! But it could be the lower-hassle option to COVIDy international holiday-season adventures. Actually, in the process of mulling it over, YOUGET20 seems to have been replaced with FAMILYSAVE for 25% off. Jinkies!

EDIT: Poop, the 30% and 40% codes stopped working too.
I have a basically brand new one for sale in the bazaar if you are interested. If so, bet we could work out a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beefyt
MoT Member

Post by beefyt »

kinda enamoured with these Safarnies. Anyone seen a great price recently, and/or have any experience with Greentoe? They're the only <$300 listing that I currently see.

IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

beefyt wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:12 pm kinda enamoured with these Safarnies. Anyone seen a great price recently, and/or have any experience with Greentoe? They're the only <$300 listing that I currently see.

yes bought a seiko from them last week. Good experience.
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime