Let me introduce the Time Locker diving watches I have designed. I will launch them this year on Kickstarter (September/October 2019).
Our flagship diving watches comprises 3 divers inspired by the timepieces issued to combat divers in the 1950’s.
I named the watches after marine trenches found in the Pacific Ocean.
- A scratch-resistant ceramic bezel with lumed markers: I remember how much I loved the first ceramic bezel of the Omega Seamaster in 2011. In my opinion, a ceramic bezel brings a watch to the next higher level.
- Applied numerals and indexes: this gives volume and visibility to the dial.
- 3 layers of Swiss lume C3 Super LumiNova: we all love lume shots. 3 layers of lume really increase the glow of the watch in the dark....again best visibility in low no light conditions.
- A double domed sapphire crystal glass with AR coating on the inside: this crystal shape helps the dial to pop out. Something eye-pleasing for watch enthusiasts like you and me.
- Stainless steel 316L with brush finishing
- Size: 42.00 mm
- Thickness (including crystal): 14.00 mm
- Lug to lug: 50.00 mm
- Lug width: 22.00 mm
- Embossed screw-down case back
- Oversized signed crown-down for ease of use
97g or 3.42oz
- Unidirectional, 120 clicks, scratch-resistant ceramic bezel
- Etched indexes filled with lume.
- Intentionally wide bezel (4.35 mm)
Double domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on the inside.
C3 Super-LumiNova lume on indexes, numerals, hands, and bezel.
Numerals and indexes
Hand-applied, filled with 3 layers of lume.
- 20 ATM (200 meters / 660 feet)
- Screw-down crown and a screw-down case back
Automatic movement Seiko NH35A.
- Jewels: 24
- Vibration per hour: 21,600 bph
- Lift angle: 53 degree
- Shock System: diashock
- Power reserve: 41 hours
- Winding direction: bi-directional
- Hacking function: yes
- Hand windable function: yes
- Italian, vegetable-tanned leather with a rounded end. Each ring is individually stitched
- Optional silicone strap
Black or white
When pre-ordering their Time Locker watch on Kickstarter, our Kickstarter backers will receive:
- A Time Locker dive watch at a preferential price (compared to the future retail price).
- A numbered, limited Kickstarter edition Time Locker watch.
- An exclusive travel case.
- Two straps: an Italian, vegetable-tanned leather strap and NATO strap.
- A 2-year international warranty.
When will we launch?
The plan is to launch the watches in September/October on Kickstarter. I will communicate the official launch date here once available.
I have created a survey to get feedback on the watches pricing. This will allow me to create a competitive offer for our Kickstarter backers.
Thank you for having read this post. If you wish to learn more about me, you may read the short self-introduction I wrote here.
If you have questions or comments, feel free to share them here.