Image credit: nobswatchmaker.com

Members have started discussing a forum watch. Before we can consider starting such a project, we should gauge interest first. Please vote in the poll.

Take the poll here: https://www.manontime.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1788

The Latest and Greatest from Time Locker

Vintage Dive Watches Made Modern
https://www.weartimelocker.com/

Moderator: Brice

watchpalooza
Global Moderator
Has liked: 7260 times
Been liked: 4895 times

The Latest and Greatest from Time Locker

Post by watchpalooza » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:04 pm

Here you will find announcements about new and upcoming products.
These users liked the author watchpalooza for the post:
ManOnTime
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Dub Rubb
MoT Member
Has liked: 6649 times
Been liked: 3579 times

Re: The Latest and Greatest from Time Locker

Post by Dub Rubb » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:45 pm

I am hoping they announce a no date version of these. Really promising design, and I love the handsets they used. As normal (for a WIS at least) I found something that bugs me. The date window. 4:30 date Windows can work if they blend into the dial and don't attract attention away from it. A No date. Or 6:00 version of these watches would be a great option (for me at least!) Good find, and really cool to showcase some up and coming brands here!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

These users liked the author Dub Rubb for the post:
Bbrou33
Boourns
MoT Member
Has liked: 722 times
Been liked: 1363 times

Post by Boourns » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:36 am

I really love the look of these. My only criticisms are that I think 42mm on a vintage inspired piece is a mistake, though at 50mm lug-to-lug it's just barely within reasonable for me. Something 38mm or 39mm would have been perfect IMO. And I'm personally keeping track of those who hate on the chirs ward logo but don't say anything about this one. :P

Excited to hear the pricing.
I wish that watch were 38mm
watchpalooza
Global Moderator
Has liked: 7260 times
Been liked: 4895 times

Post by watchpalooza » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:15 pm

To me this looks like a great first offering from someone who appears to have a genuine passion for watches. With a lumed ceramic bezel, 200m resistance, 3x Superlumina, colored second hand that matches the word “Automatic” on the dial, plus raised indices with that really cool art deco font, this one ticks a lot of boxes for me. My only other wish would be drilled lugs. Date window seems a divisive topic for dive watches. I actually rather like having the date window, and the placement at 4:30 allows for all 12 indices to be read. The logo I will have to see in person. I look forward to reviewing a sample to provide a more complete perspective.
These users liked the author watchpalooza for the post (total 3):
ManOnTimeBoournsDub Rubb
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Brice
Brand Rep
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Brice » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:29 pm

Hello everyone,

Thanks, Watchpalooza for having started this conversation. I apologize for not being more active at the moment here. I have to spin so many plates at the same time to make Time Locker a success. Sadly, there are only 24 hours in a day.

Thanks for the first feedback on the watches. I took good note of everything.

Re: 42mm size
I went for this size to give a modern touch to the watch design. Given the width of the bezel, with a size of 38 or 39, the dial would have looked too small. As I wanted to keep a sizeable width for the ceramic bezel, I gave a 42mm size to the case for a proper balance of dimensions.

Re: date window
It is indeed a topic that divides the community. I have received both positive and negative feedback on this. I am looking at the possibility of adding a no date window option as a stretch goal to the campaign.

Re: pricing
I am currently running a survey to collect feedback on the price of the watches. This will allow me to create the best offer for our backers on Kickstarter. If you wish, you can the survey here: https://forms.gle/hRLH8n3NjVc32Tzy7

I will create more content here within the coming days.

Best regards,
Brice - Time Locker
These users liked the author Brice for the post (total 5):
yinzburgherTheJohnPwatchpaloozaShoreFire77Dub Rubb
Let us know what we can improve!
Design survey here.
uaconcorde
MoT Member
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by uaconcorde » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:15 pm

As long as you are taking input, I just feel compelled to add to watchpalooza's comment: A lot of us are dying for a 38mm diver watch, 42mm is just not gonna work for many of us, and reading between the lines in the deal thread, majority of folks would prefer a size closer to 40mm at least

I understand Time locker's dilemma with the bezel, I respect all designs but I wonder if it possible to reduce everything proportionally

I thought with the high demand of Black Bay 58, Lorier watch etc, and 36 to 39mm Oris divers, the writing on the wall is so very clear ...

Also options and competitions are much more fierce in the 42mm range, much fewer competitors in the 38mm bucket

I start to think there is a disconnect between collectors and watchmakers, especially with Tudor not releasing any more smaller divers, absolutely no disrespect to Time Locker
These users liked the author uaconcorde for the post (total 2):
Dub RubbBrice
Brice
Brand Rep
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Brice » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:35 am

@uaconcorde I apologize for having missed your message and for the late reply.
I took good note of your feedback regarding the case size. As I am about to launch, such a drastic change in the design will delay everything by a few months. Your comment will help me a lot when I will design a new watch.
Let us know what we can improve!
Design survey here.