We're Moving!

Click for more info.

HELP!! What ZODIAC is this?

This is the place to learn all about watches and how they tick. Share your knowledge and how-tos with the rest of the class.

Is it a fake?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:16 am

Yes
No votes
No
100%
Maybe
No votes
It's Rare
No votes

Total votes: 2
Lunarlovegood

HELP!! What ZODIAC is this?

Post by Lunarlovegood »

I have this beautiful Zodiac but have no idea what model it is or even how old it is.

I haven't been able to find another one like it anywhere. Does someone here maybe have an idea?

Is it Rare? Is it fake? Who knows? :?:
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: HELP!! What ZODIAC is this?

Post by watchpalooza »

There have been countless different Zodiacs over the years, so not finding a twin online may not indicate that its a fake. It looks like one of the “red point“ series, likely 80’s or 90’s...though not sure which one. Here is an article about the different point series on Worn and Wound: https://wornandwound.com/zodiac-story-b ... nt-series/

Can you post a movement pic? That would help to narrow down the year of production. You may also want to post over here at Vintage Zodiacs to see if someone there can place it.

Update, here you go: http://bbwatches.info/zodiacautogoldlther.php
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Lunarlovegood

Post by Lunarlovegood »

Found it thanks this forum is great help.

http://bbwatches.info/zodiacautogoldlther.php
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Lunarlovegood wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:38 am That is so awesome thank you so much. It is really difficult finding what you're looking for through such a vast collection of watches. It's my husband's watch, he got it from a friend and it's been in a box for years. I feel like somewhat of an idiot but we both have never heard the name Zodiac before. Actual we know very little about watches in general. Until now at least.

They are currently my favourite so far.

Thanks again for your research and help. What is it worth do you think?
Hi [mention]Lunarlovegood[/mention], I'm moving my response back over to the more relevant thread. Glad to be able to help. I think watchpalooza's advice to ask the same question on the Vintage Zodiac forum is the smart thing to do. My best guess is that if you sold this watch, you could get a few hundred at most, but more likely less. It has good condition and the original bracelet working in its favor. Consider these sold ebay results from the last 90 days HERE. While vintage Zodiacs may might be good quality, they are a more obscure brand than something like Longines, Omega, or Tissot. Also worth noting that a certain model being rare doesn't necessarily make it worth more. Sometimes it can mean the opposite. If there is no documented and established information or sales history for an item, there isn't much of a market. In other words, if very few people know it exists and find it desireable, there may not be a big enough pool of potential buyers to drive the sale price. If you find out any more about it elsewhere, please come back to post here or drop a link. I'm interested to know anything more you learn.