We're Moving!

Click for more info.

How to: Remove that pesky cyclops!!!

This is the place to learn all about watches and how they tick. Share your knowledge and how-tos with the rest of the class.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

How to: Remove that pesky cyclops!!!

Post by Dub Rubb »

I have not tried this on anything other than an Invicta, but have heard the process is the same. At least for mini turtles and some others. Try at your own risk on anything other than an Invicta!!!

While the pictures shown show the movement and bezel assembly removed, it is not necessary for this, I just happened to be modding this one. I have done it with the watch completely intact without issue.

The most important thing is to have a proper torch I.e. not a bic lighter. I picked this up at a smoke shop for about $5. That thin flame of a butane torch not only adds extra heat, but also some much needed precision.

Simply fire up the torch, place the tip of the flame directly on the Cyclops for 1-2 seconds until you see a puff under the Cyclops. It looks like a quick puff of steam and happens almost immediately. That is just the adhesive giving up to the power of fire.

As soon as you see that poof, take an exacto knife and just give it a little pry. It should pop off with little to no effort.

Lastly, use a small amout of goof off on a rag to get rid of the little bit of adhesive residue left on the crystal.

Boom! No Cyclops!!!

Sorry for the bad pics, but if you have any questions, feel free to post here or PM me. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: How to: Remove that pesky cyclops!!!

Post by Dub Rubb »

Here is another pic showing what I mean about the "puff" I kept eluding to. The first picture is the normal Cyclops, untouched. As you can see, it is crystal clear(no pun intended!)

The second pic is what it looks like after the torch and when you should pry it off. It almost looks foggy underneath. It will happen in an instant, and as soon as you see that difference in clarity, hit it with the razor.
ImageImage

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk