We're Moving!

Click for more info.

A few minutes of pure visual enjoyment. Videos of watches viewed in detail with macro.

This is the place to learn all about watches and how they tick. Share your knowledge and how-tos with the rest of the class.
Conchita Turtle
MoT Member

A few minutes of pure visual enjoyment. Videos of watches viewed in detail with macro.

Post by Conchita Turtle »

Possibly, almost no one among the typical customers of a watch like the ones shown will look at a watch in such detail, or use watch loupes. And that... thinking that the customer will have presbyopia in many cases, and that the possible defects will not be seen by the one in front of you two meters away.

But there are some brands that have pleasantly surprised me (others not so much) for their search for perfection, even in what in principle is something beyond what is going to be seen.

Macro video of a JLC, an Omega, a GO and a GS. There are two that seem to me to be clearly above, both non-Swiss. I would have expected much more from the Speedy, although it is more of a "tool watch" than a "luxury watch", but seeing the machine is a pleasure. Of the other, perhaps the one I would have expected more a priori, I just stop at the seconds 28 and 37, and contemplate the finish of the edge of the hand or the (detached) index.

Rolex, which passed the test well... minus the GMT hand, which should not pass the quality control of a fake. Omega, which does quite a bit better than in the previous video, a humble Samurai which does really well and does not detract at all in the magnifying glass test over the others, GS, which leaves me vividly impressed, and which does not detract with those that follow.... Patek and Lange.

Enjoy.