We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Lake & Sons Pilot's Watch

Watch and watch accessory reviews posted by members.
BATMAN
MoT Member

Lake & Sons Pilot's Watch

Post by BATMAN »

I did a quick unboxing video of the Lake & Sons automatic pilot's watch, posted to the Heads Up thread by [mention]valuewatchguy[/mention]

Link to unboxing video:

Pretty good looking watch especially for the price
L&S Flecto Pic.jpg
The lume is not as good as this picture shows, also there is no lume on the hands that I could see
L&S Lume Pic.jpg
nicegator
MoT Member

Re: Lake & Sons Pilot's Watch

Post by nicegator »

Nice video!
It's a pretty watch, unfortunately absence of lume is a deal breaker for me.
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

Thanks for the video and pics. As I mentioned in the deals thread, this looks amazingly like a Jack Mason "Pursuit" in many details. Likely from the same factory--maybe even a production overrun? But their respective websites do state they have different movements (Miyota 821A for Mason, NH-35 for Lake & Sons).

I'd be curious to know if the Lake & Sons' crystal is really sapphire. If so this seems a very nice watch @ the current pricing.
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

Klaatu3 wrote:Thanks for the video and pics. As I mentioned in the deals thread, this looks amazingly like a Jack Mason "Pursuit" in many details. Likely from the same factory--maybe even a production overrun? But their respective websites do state they have different movements (Miyota 821A for Mason, NH-35 for Lake & Sons).

I'd be curious to know if the Lake & Sons' crystal is really sapphire. If so this seems a very nice watch @ the current pricing.
So what you're saying is, I should buy one of those diamond testers? Well, if you insist.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

nicegator wrote:Nice video!
It's a pretty watch, unfortunately absence of lume is a deal breaker for me.
Ya not sure why you don't lume the hands but lume the markers, someone goofed that up

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Not bad, especially for the price. I subscribed to your channel. Please keep these videos coming. I enjoy watching these and get a little excited almost like I'm unboxing a new watch of my own lol. And I like this style with the music playing and putting the relevant info up on the screen. I think it's probably more enjoyable for me than listening to someone talk.
DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

BATMAN wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:06 pm
Klaatu3 wrote:Thanks for the video and pics. As I mentioned in the deals thread, this looks amazingly like a Jack Mason "Pursuit" in many details. Likely from the same factory--maybe even a production overrun? But their respective websites do state they have different movements (Miyota 821A for Mason, NH-35 for Lake & Sons).

So what you're saying is, I should buy one of those diamond testers? Well, if you insist.

You can tell whether it's sapphire or mineral by spraying some droplets of water on the crystal.

Droplets on surface of sapphire will be "domed" and retain more cohesion of water droplets.

Droplets on surface of mineral glass will "spread" out and not keep form of water droplets due to the mineral glass having a greater amorphous structure.

Only time this test isn't guaranteed is in presence of coatings on the external surface.