Giveaway Time!

Image

There is still time to get in our custom made strap from Trinh Le Mai/7Strap giveaway

Click here for the full details!
.

This contest is open to all members, so don't delay!

Cincinnati Watch Company x MoT Collab: Renders

The Cincinnati Watch Company creates exceptional mechanical watches and provides our clients a unique experience through inspirational design, quality watch components and American service.
https://www.cincinnatiwatch.com/

Moderator: CincinnatiWatchCo

The Cincinnati Watch Company Cincinnatus MoT Collab will be ~$249 as pictured. Would you purchase?

Yes
13
57%
No
10
43%
 
Total votes: 23
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 3714
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 3348 times
Been liked: 13889 times
Contact:

Re: Cincinnati Watch Company x MoT Collab: Renders

#31

Post by ManOnTime » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:43 pm

Case back file has been revised to be more like the photo posted. The one used in the render was a mistake made by me. I apologize.
These users liked the author ManOnTime for the post:
Sporkboy
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:


'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
User avatar
Rabirnie
Inner Circle Member
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:53 pm
Location: Columbia, SC
Has liked: 6626 times
Been liked: 3763 times
Contact:

Re: Cincinnati Watch Company x MoT Collab: Renders

#32

Post by Rabirnie » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:03 pm

tjcdas wrote:This project might have lost some steam with all the discussions envolved with this watch being discussed on another platform and not the MOT forum site.

There are more details and current information for the MOT watch on another platform, I don't get why the discusion regarding the development of the watch for the last 4-6 weeks as not occuring on MOT?

It would nice if details like when orders start 2-3 weeks and the ordering period will run for 30 days could be posted on the MOT forum. People might be more interested in the MOT watch if some of the disussions and info was here and not on a different platform.

The watch should be the named MOT Discord watch project, six weeks ago we had momentum for the project on MOT but all discussion stopped and moved else where.

Plus the last minute change to the text on the caseback looks horrible, not that anyone cared to have a discussion about this on the MOT site.

I'm sure I will get banned now but I will be buying a Cincy field watch not a Discord MOT watch, my last straw was the change to the caseback.



vs9X40J.jpg
FinalLogo_OnTheCaseback_Embossed2.jpg
Screenshot_2020-07-10-14-57-23.png
Don’t think there’s been that much discussion on Discord about the forum watch. Even your screenshot only shows one post about it. Please feel free to screenshot the rest of the Discord messages and give me a breakdown of how many forum watch messages were sent vs the total number. You also have the ability, as a member of MoT, to keep the momentum going in the thread and ask for updates. But you just chose to lurk and complain. That’s on you.

Also, why would you be banned? This isn’t WUS...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users liked the author Rabirnie for the post (total 5):
Stretch44Bbrou33ManOnTimeGuyinwatchwatchpalooza
User avatar
Sporkboy
Inner Circle Member
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:25 pm
Has liked: 2337 times
Been liked: 5026 times

Re: Cincinnati Watch Company x MoT Collab: Renders

#33

Post by Sporkboy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:24 pm

Doesn’t ‘Cincinnatus Field’ refer time the field that Cincinnatus used to farm? Is not the watch a tribute to the farm?

😉
These users liked the author Sporkboy for the post (total 3):
RabirnieBbrou33TwoSecondsPerDay
User avatar
tjcdas
MoT Member
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:23 pm
Location: Woke, MN
Has liked: 801 times
Been liked: 1230 times

Re: Cincinnati Watch Company x MoT Collab: Renders

#34

Post by tjcdas » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:02 pm

We had a post go to Discord to see designs.

No one knows what Discord is, I saw something by accident and saw a post about Discord.

80 guys voted about 40 voted maybe looking for more more info before they could say yes.

The screen shot was to show one specific post, go browse to see the rest, 4 or 5 guys found Discord out of 60 who showed interest.


Obtuse! :D :D :D :D
User avatar
tjcdas
MoT Member
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:23 pm
Location: Woke, MN
Has liked: 801 times
Been liked: 1230 times

Re: Cincinnati Watch Company x MoT Collab: Renders

#35

Post by tjcdas » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:19 pm

ManOnTime wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:29 pm
tjcdas wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:49 pm
This project might have lost some steam with all the discussions envolved with this watch being discussed on another platform and not the MOT forum site.

There are more details and current information for the MOT watch on another platform, I don't get why the discusion regarding the development of the watch for the last 4-6 weeks as not occuring on MOT?

It would nice if details like when orders start 2-3 weeks and the ordering period will run for 30 days could be posted on the MOT forum. People might be more interested in the MOT watch if some of the disussions and info was here and not on a different platform.

The watch should be the named MOT Discord watch project, six weeks ago we had momentum for the project on MOT but all discussion stopped and moved else where.

Plus the last minute change to the text on the caseback looks horrible, not that anyone cared to have a discussion about this on the MOT site.

I'm sure I will get banned now but I will be buying a Cincy field watch not a Discord MOT watch, my last straw was the change to the caseback.




vs9X40J.jpg
FinalLogo_OnTheCaseback_Embossed2.jpgScreenshot_2020-07-10-14-57-23.png

I really don't understand why you are always so obtuse.

Once @CincinnatiWatchCo opens the 30 day pre-order we will have a code that identifies MoT orders. If there are 30 orders, the watches with the handset and the case back will be produced. If there aren't, members will have the choice of a full refund, or their order converted to a "standard" Cincinnatus.

The Discord chat is not a secret. Anyone and everyone is welcomed to participate in it, and the link leading to it is easy to find: It's pinned at the top of every forum.

The idea behind this watch was something fun. If members want to participate and buy, cool. If not, also cool.

Also, being obstinate isn't ban-worthy. if you want to take your ball and go home, do so. This ain't a train station; you don't need to announce your departure.
But was it the correct call to start a project on one platform and move it to another without telling anyone.

The poll showed people were "looking for more info" was the biggest hurdle to overcome.

A chat in Discord is not the best way to inform the people who showed interest.
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 3714
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 3348 times
Been liked: 13889 times
Contact:

Re: Cincinnati Watch Company x MoT Collab: Renders

#36

Post by ManOnTime » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:43 pm

tjcdas wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:02 pm
We had a post go to Discord to see designs.

No one knows what Discord is, I saw something by accident and saw a post about Discord.

80 guys voted about 40 voted maybe looking for more more info before they could say yes.

The screen shot was to show one specific post, go browse to see the rest, 4 or 5 guys found Discord out of 60 who showed interest.


Obtuse! :D :D :D :D
tjcdas wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:19 pm
ManOnTime wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:29 pm
tjcdas wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:49 pm
This project might have lost some steam with all the discussions envolved with this watch being discussed on another platform and not the MOT forum site.

There are more details and current information for the MOT watch on another platform, I don't get why the discusion regarding the development of the watch for the last 4-6 weeks as not occuring on MOT?

It would nice if details like when orders start 2-3 weeks and the ordering period will run for 30 days could be posted on the MOT forum. People might be more interested in the MOT watch if some of the disussions and info was here and not on a different platform.

The watch should be the named MOT Discord watch project, six weeks ago we had momentum for the project on MOT but all discussion stopped and moved else where.

Plus the last minute change to the text on the caseback looks horrible, not that anyone cared to have a discussion about this on the MOT site.

I'm sure I will get banned now but I will be buying a Cincy field watch not a Discord MOT watch, my last straw was the change to the caseback.




vs9X40J.jpg
FinalLogo_OnTheCaseback_Embossed2.jpgScreenshot_2020-07-10-14-57-23.png

I really don't understand why you are always so obtuse.

Once @CincinnatiWatchCo opens the 30 day pre-order we will have a code that identifies MoT orders. If there are 30 orders, the watches with the handset and the case back will be produced. If there aren't, members will have the choice of a full refund, or their order converted to a "standard" Cincinnatus.

The Discord chat is not a secret. Anyone and everyone is welcomed to participate in it, and the link leading to it is easy to find: It's pinned at the top of every forum.

The idea behind this watch was something fun. If members want to participate and buy, cool. If not, also cool.

Also, being obstinate isn't ban-worthy. if you want to take your ball and go home, do so. This ain't a train station; you don't need to announce your departure.
But was it the correct call to start a project on one platform and move it to another without telling anyone.

The poll showed people were "looking for more info" was the biggest hurdle to overcome.

A chat in Discord is not the best way to inform the people who showed interest.
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:


'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
User avatar
whoagorgeous
MoT Member
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:05 pm
Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3174 times

Re: Cincinnati Watch Company x MoT Collab: Renders

#37

Post by whoagorgeous » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:18 pm

I'm game for either black or green dial. The blue looks... off.
These users liked the author whoagorgeous for the post:
Rabirnie
User avatar
Stretch44
Inner Circle Member
Posts: 1798
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:24 pm
Location: Monterey/SF Bay
Has liked: 7348 times
Been liked: 8153 times

Re: Cincinnati Watch Company x MoT Collab: Renders

#38

Post by Stretch44 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:42 pm

whoagorgeous wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:18 pm
I'm game for either black or green dial. The blue looks... off.
Same, I was all for the blue at first, but the more I look at them the more I like the black.
These users liked the author Stretch44 for the post (total 2):
Rabirniewhoagorgeous
biglovetravis
MoT Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:57 pm
Location: Louisiana
Has liked: 288 times
Been liked: 141 times

Re: Cincinnati Watch Company x MoT Collab: Renders

#39

Post by biglovetravis » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:47 pm

What the hell is “Discord?”
These users liked the author biglovetravis for the post:
tjcdas
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 3714
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 3348 times
Been liked: 13889 times
Contact:

Re: Cincinnati Watch Company x MoT Collab: Renders

#40

Post by ManOnTime » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:53 pm

biglovetravis wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:47 pm
What the hell is “Discord?”

https://www.manontime.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1088
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:


'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
Metallman
MoT Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:00 am
Location: S.E. Michigan
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: Cincinnati Watch Company x MoT Collab: Renders

#41

Post by Metallman » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:32 am

Count me in for a blue or black!
User avatar
Sporkboy
Inner Circle Member
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:25 pm
Has liked: 2337 times
Been liked: 5026 times

Re: Cincinnati Watch Company x MoT Collab: Renders

#42

Post by Sporkboy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:26 am

Metallman wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:32 am
Count me in for a blue or black!
I keep going between these two. I don’t have this style of field watch and nothing black/gilt. Both of the blue dial field watches I own are too dark a shade of blue, and I don’t think that will be a problem with this watch.
norsairius
MoT Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:11 am
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 176 times

Re: Cincinnati Watch Company x MoT Collab: Renders

#43

Post by norsairius » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:45 am

*sigh* As part of an effort to re-prioritize my personal spend, I'm changing my vote to "no" on this one.

I like the design and the work that's been put into it, but it's not in the cards for me right now for other reasons. :(
These users liked the author norsairius for the post (total 3):
TheJohnPBbrou33Sporkboy
baldrick
MoT Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:22 am
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 247 times

Re: Cincinnati Watch Company x MoT Collab: Renders

#44

Post by baldrick » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:18 am

Hi, team, is this project dead now or still going on elsewhere?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 3714
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 3348 times
Been liked: 13889 times
Contact:

Re: Cincinnati Watch Company x MoT Collab: Renders

#45

Post by ManOnTime » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:42 am

baldrick wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:18 am
Hi, team, is this project dead now or still going on elsewhere?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Sorry for the late reply!

It's not dead.

Cincinnati Watch Company will be launching the new Cincinnatus very soon, and when they do we will have a chance to get in on the pre-order, at pre-order price with the cathedral hands and MoT case back.

We would need 30 orders to make it a reality. If at the end of the pre-order period there aren't 30 orders, Rick will allow those who jumped in to swap to a standard Cincinnatus or get a refund.
These users liked the author ManOnTime for the post (total 2):
TheJohnPSplit-Time
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:


'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
Post Reply