We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Share your Diver collection!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

I really doubt that among the regular or occasional posters on this great forum (thanks MOT btw) there's more than 10% or so who don't own at least one dive watch in some configuration.
So this thread: Share pics of your dive watch collection, or if you're one of the few who don't own one, why not? Curious to see both!

Here's mine as of 9/19; I love the way divers look so it's a constant struggle to keep it from overtaking the entire collection!

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Re: Share your Diver collection!

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Oh jeez. I don't even know how many divers I have or where they all are. Here's some at least, eventually I'll do a huge group picture because I probably have like 25...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

[mention]AndroidIsAwesome[/mention] it's always nice to know I am not alone. While I always know it, it is great to SEE it. Great collection too BTW. If I have time tomorrow, I will try to consolidate all my divers into one of my watch boxes. Divers are just too effing cool!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

The only one of these I purchased is the 5600. The rest were gifts. The Benrus was given to me by my parents as a joke along with a really fake Rolex GMT. I plan on modding this one as well.

As you can see, inexpensive divers make good bases for modifications.
Clockwise from the top.

-Casio G-Shock DW5600E with custom 3D printed NATO adapters on a 22mm Bond NATO.
-Vostok Amphibia in a 710 case on a watch Gecko bracelet.
Prototype full lume MoT dial.
-Benrus Ultrasteel 660ft diver.
-Invicta 8926 Pro Diver with Murphy Mfg bezel, Carlywet glidelock clasp and prototype MoT full lume dial.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

[mention]AndroidIsAwesome[/mention] that's an amazing collection. You've got almost every style and brand well represented!
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Here we go. All my divers(I think!) All in one place. Turns out I apparently really like divers.
ImageImageImageImageImage

cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Sporkboy wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:46 am The only one of these I purchased is the 5600. The rest were gifts. The Benrus was given to me by my parents as a joke along with a really fake Rolex GMT. I plan on modding this one as well.

As you can see, inexpensive divers make good bases for modifications.
Clockwise from the top.

-Casio G-Shock DW5600E with custom 3D printed NATO adapters on a 22mm Bond NATO.
-Vostok Amphibia in a 710 case on a watch Gecko bracelet.
Prototype full lume MoT dial.
-Benrus Ultrasteel 660ft diver.
-Invicta 8926 Pro Diver with Murphy Mfg bezel, Carlywet glidelock clasp and prototype MoT full lume dial.
Nice Vostok, I had a 710 diver for a while. Was a great watch and a great experience.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:34 pm Here we go. All my divers(I think!) All in one place. Turns out I apparently really like divers.

Man you really do like divers! Wow. A brace each of Turtles, Samurai, and Scuba Dudes, SKX mini-collection, solid micro representation... nicely done.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Something else this thread made me realize about myself. I have no real interest in higher end divers for some reason. All of my more expensive watches tend to fall into the sporty/dressy category. I wear all my divers as daily work watches, and my nicer watches to dinners and on weekends. I suppose if I worked in an office or something this might be different.

That's not to say that I don't appreciate them, and will one day probably own a few(looking at you MM300, C Ward, Oris 65, SMP) but currently I seem to drop more money on my watches worn less frequently.

atdegs
MoT Member

Post by atdegs »

Not so much a collection, as the only diver I currently own and a few of the others I've previously owned.

Only diver I currently have, Bremont S301:

And a few I've had and sold,
Seiko SBDC051

Hamilton Pan Europ

Oris Divers 65

Bulova Oceanographer "Devil Diver"

B&R

1968 Seiko

Hamilton Chrono Diver

Rado Captain Cook

Zodiac Super Sea Wolf

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

atdegs wrote:Not so much a collection, as the only diver I currently own and a few of the others I've previously owned.

Seiko SBDC051

Hamilton Pan Europ

Oris Divers 65

B&R

1968 Seiko

Hamilton Chrono Diver

Rado Captain Cook

Zodiac Super Sea Wolf

Wow man, you have had some seriously cool divers! Thanks for sharing.

cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

atdegs wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:35 pm Not so much a collection, as the only diver I currently own and a few of the others I've previously owned.

Seiko SBDC051

Hamilton Pan Europ

Oris Divers 65

B&R

1968 Seiko

Hamilton Chrono Diver

Rado Captain Cook

Zodiac Super Sea Wolf

That's quite a lineup. Of the ones you've owned, what's your favorite been? Also how do you like the Bremont? I hear different opinions about them and their value at price point.
atdegs
MoT Member

Post by atdegs »

cortman wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:30 pm That's quite a lineup. Of the ones you've owned, what's your favorite been? Also how do you like the Bremont? I hear different opinions about them and their value at price point.
Of all the divers I've owned, the Bremont and the Pan Europ have been my favorites. I wish I'd have kept the Hamilton, but it just didn't get much wrist time, and mine had an inaccurate replacement handset that bugged me. I know Bremont doesn't have the best reputation, but for vintage inspired divers for smallish wrists, it's really hard to beat. Most divers in this price range are pretty flashy, like the Omega SM300 Master Co-axial. It's nearest competition, I think, is the Black Bay 58, and I really just don't care for all the gold and the snowflake handset.
All that said, I would never buy one at retail prices, no way it's a $4k watch, but I wouldn't pay retail for many other watches either. I paid less than half MSRP used. I think it's great. Build quality is reasonably close to the Omegas and Tudors I've owned. Unless you're a movement snob, which I'm not, there's nothing wrong with the modified ETA 2892. It's the same thing Seamaster movements use to be based on.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

atdegs wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:50 pm
cortman wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:30 pm That's quite a lineup. Of the ones you've owned, what's your favorite been? Also how do you like the Bremont? I hear different opinions about them and their value at price point.
Of all the divers I've owned, the Bremont and the Pan Europ have been my favorites. I wish I'd have kept the Hamilton, but it just didn't get much wrist time, and mine had an inaccurate replacement handset that bugged me. I know Bremont doesn't have the best reputation, but for vintage inspired divers for smallish wrists, it's really hard to beat. Most divers in this price range are pretty flashy, like the Omega SM300 Master Co-axial. It's nearest competition, I think, is the Black Bay 58, and I really just don't care for all the gold and the snowflake handset.
All that said, I would never buy one at retail prices, no way it's a $4k watch, but I wouldn't pay retail for many other watches either. I paid less than half MSRP used. I think it's great. Build quality is reasonably close to the Omegas and Tudors I've owned. Unless you're a movement snob, which I'm not, there's nothing wrong with the modified ETA 2892. It's the same thing Seamaster movements use to be based on.
That's interesting. I've always liked the styling on the Pan Europ. I just got a Zodiac Grandrally chronograph with a very similar case shape, so that itch is scratched for me.
Your Bremont assessment sounds accurate. At a much lower price point they do start to make more sense. As my collecting area is firmly in the sub-$800 range my interest is generally just speculative though.
atdegs
MoT Member

Post by atdegs »

cortman wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:15 am
atdegs wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:50 pm
That's interesting. I've always liked the styling on the Pan Europ. I just got a Zodiac Grandrally chronograph with a very similar case shape, so that itch is scratched for me.
Your Bremont assessment sounds accurate. At a much lower price point they do start to make more sense. As my collecting area is firmly in the sub-$800 range my interest is generally just speculative though.
It’s just a well thought out watch. Little things like this, they made the back of the buckle cut out to flow around the strap. Nice touch.