We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Post your favorite Instagram accounts for watches

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post your favorite Instagram accounts for watches

Post by yinzburgher »

I'm relatively new to Instagram but so far I'm enjoying it. Looking at watch pics on IG has become one of my new favorite time-wasting activities. I have a few favorite accounts that I wanted to share here and I'm hoping others can do the same. I probably add more at a later date. I'm not affiliated with any of these accounts other than that I "follow" them. Even though I'm not really a vintage collector, I've found that I absolutely love checking out vintage watch pics. Also, there are exceptions, but I tend to like accounts that showcase relatively affordable watches rather than stuff I'll never have a chance of owning. The easiest way to post is probably just to copy and paste an a link to a IG post, so that a photo shows up here. The four accounts I have today are retrowatchguy, tyalexanderphotography, analogshift, and strixpixmix. Also, this is not the place to post your own Instagram, but we do have a place for that at the link HERE so please add your account there.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Post your favorite Instagram accounts for watches

Post by yinzburgher »

horologyhouse is another one worth following. Maybe there is nothing particularly creative or innovative here but the photography is phenomenal and he seems to have made an effort to include more affordable watches in addition to the typical high end stuff.

cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

horological_dicktionary is one of the funniest, most cynical takes on the watch world I've seen. Love their posts.
Brodinkee is another great meme/humor account.
I like ahartfie too- he's really pleasant to interact with as well. He has an Omega Constellation Megaquartz with an absolutely unreal starfield dial that is 80% of why I follow him lol.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

cortman wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:08 am horological_dicktionary is one of the funniest, most cynical takes on the watch world I've seen. Love their posts.
Brodinkee is another great meme/humor account.
I like ahartfie too- he's really pleasant to interact with as well. He has an Omega Constellation Megaquartz with an absolutely unreal starfield dial that is 80% of why I follow him lol.
Cool. I'm just adding some links in case anybody wants to check these out.

https://www.instagram.com/horological_d ... ary/?hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/brodinkee/?hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/ahartfie/?hl=en
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Two strap companies worth following. WatchGecko and B&R Bands always have excellent photography.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Two great accounts that show off vintage watches. The first is watchfred. You see a lot of vintage Breitling chronographs on here. I'm pretty sure that Breitling has consulted him about some of their recent re-issues. The second is lowendvintagewatches. He has some great looking vintage pieces, including some from lesser known brands.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Here's two account that mostly feature microbrand watches, microwatchclub and wristrockers. There are probably others too but these are basically the only two big accounts I'm aware of.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

This account from nicedily has some of the best watch photography I've seen on Instagram.