As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

2020 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: 2020 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by yinzburgher »

ManOnTime wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:33 am
FilthyWatchTan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:45 am
ManOnTime wrote:Sigh, Timex and their liberties with history. They were making "fully quartz" watches at least 3 years prior to 1979, LCD ones, even.
I think they meant fully switched over to quartz
But that would be incorrect as well. Timex produced in-house mechanical movements and watches until 1996.
Ha! We definitely discussed this last time HERE. As I mentioned, Timex started making quartz watches in 1972. Those are my words. I'm not looking to irritate anyone. Tell me what is incorrect about it and I'll gladly change it. If you want it in the words of the company, I've linked the press release. Their version may be a bit revisionist. I can't say for certain. But most articles and versions of the history acknowledge that the change from mechanical to quartz movements did not happen all at once but rather gradually over a span of years. It's my sense from everything I've read that the release of the original Q was a way of marking the transition, however sudden or gradual.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

yinzburgher wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:56 am
ManOnTime wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:33 am
FilthyWatchTan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:45 am I think they meant fully switched over to quartz
But that would be incorrect as well. Timex produced in-house mechanical movements and watches until 1996.
Ha! We definitely discussed this last time HERE. As I mentioned, Timex started making quartz watches in 1972. Those are my words. I'm not looking to irritate anyone. Tell me what is incorrect about it and I'll gladly change it. If you want it in the words of the company, I've linked the press release. Their version may be a bit revisionist. I can't say for certain. But most articles and versions of the history acknowledge that the change from mechanical to quartz movements did not happen all at once but rather gradually over a span of years. It's my sense from everything I've read that the release of the original Q was a way of marking the transition, however sudden or gradual.
I'm not really irritated by it, and I thought you were quoting the "official line".

Timex in recent years does have quite a revisionist attitude towards their own history, and they shouldn't. I think part of it has to do with a push to look a little more upmarket, which is a shame and a topic to be hashed out in a different thread.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

The Audric Seaborne will be available on Kickstarter in early March. Link to the pre-order thread below.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Yesterday the CEO of Breitling announced via his Instagram account HERE that Breitling is releasing a re-edition of one of their popular vintage chronographs, the 765 AVI "Co-Pilot"from 1953. The new watch is being dubbed the Breitling 765 AVI 1953 Re-edition.

THE BREITLING 765 AVI 1953 RE-EDITION

BREITLING ON INSTAGRAM

Old and new side by side.

Details and Specifications
Brand and model: Breitling 765 AVI 1953 Re-edition
Reference: AB0920131B1X1
Case material: stainless steel
Diameter: 41 mm
Thickness: 13.95 millimeters
Lug width: 22mm
Movement: Breitling Manufacture Hand-winding Caliber B09
Power reserve: approximately 70 hours
Chronograph: column-wheel, vertical clutch, 1/4th second, 15-minute and 12-hour counters
Display: hour, minute, second
Certification: COSC-certified
Water resistance: up to 3 bar (30 meters/100 feet)
Crystal: hesalite, convex
Caseback: screwed, stainless steel
Crown: non-screw-locked, gasket
Bezel: bidirectional
Super-LumiNova® luminescent numerals, hour and minute hands
Strap: Black vintage-inspired leather strap with pin buckle
Availability: Limited Edition of 1953 pieces with delivery in March
Price: $8,600 USD

Rose gold and platinum versions will be available later in the year.

MONOCHROME WATCHES

HODINKEE

WATCH I LOVE

username
MoT Member

Post by username »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:38 am Yesterday the CEO of Breitling announced via his Instagram account HERE that Breitling is releasing a re-edition of one of their popular vintage chronographs, the 765 AVI "Co-Pilot"from 1953. The new watch is being dubbed the Breitling 765 AVI 1953 Re-edition.

Whoa. I really like this.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

username wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:16 am
yinzburgher wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:38 am Yesterday the CEO of Breitling announced via his Instagram account HERE that Breitling is releasing a re-edition of one of their popular vintage chronographs, the 765 AVI "Co-Pilot"from 1953. The new watch is being dubbed the Breitling 765 AVI 1953 Re-edition.

Do you...8600 times like it, or more like it from afar?
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
username
MoT Member

Post by username »

watchpalooza wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:24 am
username wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:16 am

Do you...8600 times like it, or more like it from afar?
:lol:
Well, it is a non-Aerospace-line Breitling, so after it's been out a few months, it will be available for a lot less from ADs, and in a year it will be available for even less from the gray market. So I might (and probably do) like it 6,000 times and might still have a shot at it. But it's not an auto, and while I like the idea of handwinds and enjoy owning some, I would want to keep any COSC watch running on a winder.

So while I like it, I don't want to own it.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Timex has two new colorways of the Navi XL Automatic available on their site. See MoT's review of the green dial TW2U09800ZV HERE.

BLACK PLATED TW2U10000ZV

RED BEZEL TW2U09900ZV

Details and Specifications
Brand and model: Timex Allied Navi XL Automatic
Case material: Stainless steel
Case diameter:41mm
Thickness: 13.5mm
Lug width: 20mm
Lug to lug: 50mm
Water resistance: 100m / 10 ATM
Crown: Push/pull
Crystal: Mineral glass
Movement: Miyota 8215 automatic w/ date
Strap: Genuine leather
Price: $259

BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

Alkin is releasing a new colorway of the model one. Very nice green color. The model one was a successful Kickstarter campaign with a blue version that was available only during the Kickstarter. Black version is sold out on their site. White models still available for £250. Hopefully the new green color is the same price.

https://alkinwatches.com/collections/all

Their model two which is a compressor style watch with inner rotating bezel is supposed to hit Kickstarter sometime this year. Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

BATMAN wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:30 pm Alkin is releasing a new colorway of the model one. Very nice green color. The model one was a successful Kickstarter campaign with a blue version that was available only during the Kickstarter. Black version is sold out on their site. White models still available for £250. Hopefully the new green color is the same price.

Their model two which is a compressor style watch with inner rotating bezel is supposed to hit Kickstarter sometime this year. Image

Nice colorway, but quoting [mention]Boourns[/mention] - wish it were 38mm.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

BATMAN wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:30 pm Alkin is releasing a new colorway of the model one. Very nice green color. The model one was a successful Kickstarter campaign with a blue version that was available only during the Kickstarter. Black version is sold out on their site. White models still available for £250. Hopefully the new green color is the same price.

They were supposed to make a second model, compressor style I think. But I haven't seen anything about it.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

I like everything about these except the "vintage" lume.

Enough with the Old Radium lume, please. Thank you.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
gormless
MoT Member

Post by gormless »

I'm quite taken by this but have never paid this much for an Orient before.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/hot-tak ... niversary/

I think it looks lovely.

WATCH SPECIFICATIONS

Brand

Orient

Model

King Diver 70th Anniversary

Reference

Japan: RN-AA0D11B (black dial), RN-AA0D12R (burgundy dial), RN-AA0D13E (green dial), RN-AA0D14G (gold dial)Rest of World: RA-AAD01B (black), RA-AAD02R (red), RA-AAD03E (green), and RA-AAD04G (gold dial)

Dial

Black, Burgundy, Green or Gold Fumé

Case Material

316L Stainless Steel, (RN-AA0D14G with bronze color-coated steel case)

Case Dimensions

43.8mm Diameter, 50mm Lug to Lug, 20mm Lug Width, 14mm Thickness

Crystal

Mineral Crystal

Case Back

Screw-down stainless steel

Movement

Orient caliber F6922 automatic, 22-jewels, hand winding, quickset day and date.

Water Resistance

200 Meters

Strap

Stainless Steel Bracelet with push-button folding clasp or Brown Leather with Pin Buckle

Functions

Time (HH:MM:SS), Day, Date, Internal Rotating Dive Bezel

Price

¥45,000

Warranty

1 Year

Special Note(s)

Available March 2020 in Japan, April in Europe

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

whoagorgeous
MoT Member