We're Moving!

Click for more info.

2020 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: 2020 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by yinzburgher »

Not a new watch release, but rather a brand relaunch. It seems that Citizen, which purchased Bulova in 2008, is relaunching Accutron as a separate brand later in 2020, which happens to be the 60th anniversary of the Accutron watch. At least that what it mentions in THIS ARTICLE from National Jeweler. There isn't much information about the re-introduction, but there is a new website and social media accounts (all created in the past few weeks) and a new podcast. And there seems to be some coordination with Hodinkee, which just put a history of Accutron up on their site and is promoting the podcast. Links below. And a pic of their 2019 concept watch from Baselworld.

ACCUTRON WATCH WEBSITE

ACCUTRON ON INSTAGRAM

ACCUTRON ON FACEBOOK

ACCUTRON ON TWITTER

THE ACCUTRON SHOW PODCAST

HODINKEE - REINVENTING TIME: THE ORIGINAL ACCUTRON

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

yinzburgher wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:40 am Not a new watch release, but rather a brand relaunch. It seems that Citizen, which purchased Bulova in 2008, is relaunching Accutron as a separate brand later in 2020, which happens to be the 60th anniversary of the Accutron watch. At least that what it mentions in THIS ARTICLE from National Jeweler. There isn't much information about the re-introduction, but there is a new website and social media accounts (all created in the past few weeks) and a new podcast. And there seems to be some coordination with Hodinkee, which just put a history of Accutron up on their site and is promoting the podcast. Links below. And a pic of their 2019 concept watch from Baselworld.

ACCUTRON WATCH WEBSITE

ACCUTRON ON INSTAGRAM

ACCUTRON ON FACEBOOK

ACCUTRON ON TWITTER

This is a good move.
Always thought it was a shame to see the tuning fork logo on cheaply made Bulova models.

I am also very interested in the electrostatic concept, but fear it will never be in my price range.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

yinzburgher wrote:Carl F Bucherer has added a new blue colorway of their Manero Flyback Chronograph, available on a bracelet or synthetic strap.

LINK TO THE CFB MANERO CHRONOGRAPH

CARL F BUCHERER ON INSTAGRAM

Details and Specifications
BRAND: Carl F. Bucherer
MODEL: Manero Flyback
REFERENCE: 00.10919.08.53.01 (textile strap), 00.10919.08.53.21 (metal bracelet)
CASE MATERIAL: Stainless Steel
DIAMETER: 43.0 mm
HEIGHT: 14.45 mm
WATER RESISTANCE: 3 bar (~ 30 m)
DIAL: Blue
STRAP/BRACELET: Stainless steel bracelet or blue textile strap
MOVEMENT: CFB 1970
MOVEMENT TYPE: Automatic
POWER RESERVE: 42 hours
FREQUENCY: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
FUNCTIONS: Hours, Minutes, Small seconds, Date, Chronograph: minutes and seconds counters, flyback
PRICE: $6,200 USD (textile strap), $6,600 USD (metal bracelet)

HODINKEE

SWISS WATCHES

MONOCHROME
About a year ago I was at a Tourneau and got to see some other versions of the Manero Flyback in the metal. It's really a fantastic watch and it definitely put Bucherer watches onto my radar. This new blue dial variant is stunning.

For anyone interested in the Bucherer line, I just recently discovered that Delray Watch, although not an AD, has connections that can get you Bucherer watches at a discount (seems around 30%) through ADs with full manufacturers warranty. I found that info on their website.

https://delraywatch.com/new-watches/?so ... 229&page=2
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Is it a real flyback, or do they just call it that because it instant resets?
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:34 am
yinzburgher wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:40 am Not a new watch release, but rather a brand relaunch. It seems that Citizen, which purchased Bulova in 2008, is relaunching Accutron as a separate brand later in 2020, which happens to be the 60th anniversary of the Accutron watch. At least that what it mentions in THIS ARTICLE from National Jeweler. There isn't much information about the re-introduction, but there is a new website and social media accounts (all created in the past few weeks) and a new podcast. And there seems to be some coordination with Hodinkee, which just put a history of Accutron up on their site and is promoting the podcast. Links below. And a pic of their 2019 concept watch from Baselworld.

ACCUTRON WATCH WEBSITE

ACCUTRON ON INSTAGRAM

ACCUTRON ON FACEBOOK

ACCUTRON ON TWITTER

This is a good move.
Always thought it was a shame to see the tuning fork logo on cheaply made Bulova models.

I am also very interested in the electrostatic concept, but fear it will never be in my price range.
I have a feeling that whatever is coming will be of a pretty high quality and that many people won't be happy when they see the pricing. But I think that's a better move for Citizen than cheap watches with cheap prices.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

PetrosD wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:07 am
yinzburgher wrote:Carl F Bucherer has added a new blue colorway of their Manero Flyback Chronograph, available on a bracelet or synthetic strap.

LINK TO THE CFB MANERO CHRONOGRAPH

CARL F BUCHERER ON INSTAGRAM

BRAND: Carl F. Bucherer
MODEL: Manero Flyback
REFERENCE: 00.10919.08.53.01 (textile strap), 00.10919.08.53.21 (metal bracelet)
CASE MATERIAL: Stainless Steel
DIAMETER: 43.0 mm
HEIGHT: 14.45 mm
WATER RESISTANCE: 3 bar (~ 30 m)
DIAL: Blue
STRAP/BRACELET: Stainless steel bracelet or blue textile strap
MOVEMENT: CFB 1970
MOVEMENT TYPE: Automatic
POWER RESERVE: 42 hours
FREQUENCY: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
FUNCTIONS: Hours, Minutes, Small seconds, Date, Chronograph: minutes and seconds counters, flyback
PRICE: $6,200 USD (textile strap), $6,600 USD (metal bracelet)

HODINKEE

SWISS WATCHES

MONOCHROME
About a year ago I was at a Tourneau and got to see some other versions of the Manero Flyback in the metal. It's really a fantastic watch and it definitely put Bucherer watches onto my radar. This new blue dial variant is stunning.

For anyone interested in the Bucherer line, I just recently discovered that Delray Watch, although not an AD, has connections that can get you Bucherer watches at a discount (seems around 30%) through ADs with full manufacturers warranty. I found that info on their website.

https://delraywatch.com/new-watches/?so ... 229&page=2
Very cool and good to know. I stick to mostly what I consider to be affordable watches but I there are a few watches that I always look at and say "Oh yea, I'm gettin one of those in like 10 years (if life is good)." And a CFB chronograph is always one of those watches.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:39 am Is it a real flyback, or do they just call it that because it instant resets?
It's a real flyback. It's actually a highly modified 7750. I didn't post that initially bc 1) I thought I was the only one that would care about this watch :lol: and 2) sometimes WUS types like to leave comments like "6K for a 7750. Ugh....no thanks! smh" so I just left it as the CFB caliber. :lol:
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

It hasn't hit the Zelos site yet but the brand known for chunky divers has a thin dress watch on the way. It will be launching 8/10 at 10pm Singapore time. Members of the Facebook page below may be able to see more pics and details.

ZELOS TIMEKEEPERS ON FACEBOOK

Brand and model: Zelos Nova
Case material: Stainless steel
Case diameter: 38mm
Lug to lug: 44mm
Lug width: 20mm
Thickness: 7.5mm case / 8.8mm including crystal
Crystal: Box Sapphire glass
Caseback: Sapphire
Movement: ETA 7001 hand-wound movement
Water resistance: 100m
Lume: BGW9 lume
Includes bracelet and Horween leather strap
Price: $769
2020-08-07 (2).png
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

yinzburgher wrote:
ManOnTime wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:39 am Is it a real flyback, or do they just call it that because it instant resets?
It's a real flyback. It's actually a highly modified 7750. I didn't post that initially bc 1) I thought I was the only one that would care about this watch [emoji38] and 2) sometimes WUS types like to leave comments like "6K for a 7750. Ugh....no thanks! smh" so I just left it as the CFB caliber. [emoji38]
I really hadn't paid any attention to Bucherer watches until I saw them and held them. I can see why a CFB Chrono would be one your "someday" list, at it now is on mine. As least the link I posted gets you 30% closer [emoji6]
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Lip just sent out an email for their new automatic chronograph, the Rallye Automatique Chronographe

Price is €1,490
Roughly $1,756

The world of competitiveness, and performance, materializes in the LIP Rallye automatic chronograph.

Directly displaying a black and white checkerboard in the center of its dial which leaves no doubts about the primary purpose of this chronograph, and what it should represent darrier: beautiful mechanics for the informed amateur.

The real tour de force of this watch lies in the hidden chronographic scale under the minutes indication of the classic time function.

Lip Rallye Auto Chrono, model # 671820

Case
- Polished 316 L steel, diameter 42 mm, screwed steel back, chronograph pushers at 2 and 4 o'clock

Dial
- Silver, silver stick indexes, silver minute graduations and red Arabic numerals, date at 6 o'clock, counters at 3 and 9 o'clock, silver and black hour and minute hands, silver and red second hand

Crystal
- Sapphire

Strap
- Black perforated cowhide leather, width 20 mm

Buckle
- Chrome folding clasp

Movement
- Automatic chronograph SEIKO NE86

Waterproof
- 50 meters

Warranty
- 2 years

Made in France - Besançon
Click Icon To Contact Me

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:39 pm Lip just sent out an email for their new automatic chronograph, the Rallye Automatique Chronographe

^ I like it but is that a Ferrari on a French watch? Seems sacrilegious.

Looking at the site, they also have a quartz version for much more my price range:

https://www.lip.fr/en/506-rallye-chronographe.html

I wish that watch were 38mm?
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Boourns wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:10 pm
TheJohnP wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:39 pm Lip just sent out an email for their new automatic chronograph, the Rallye Automatique Chronographe

Looking at the site, they also have a quartz version for much more my price range:

I would suspect Peugeot, but [mention]ManOnTime[/mention] would be the one to confirm.
Click Icon To Contact Me

mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

yinzburgher wrote:Not a new watch release, but rather a brand relaunch. It seems that Citizen, which purchased Bulova in 2008, is relaunching Accutron as a separate brand later in 2020, which happens to be the 60th anniversary of the Accutron watch. At least that what it mentions in THIS ARTICLE from National Jeweler. There isn't much information about the re-introduction, but there is a new website and social media accounts (all created in the past few weeks) and a new podcast. And there seems to be some coordination with Hodinkee, which just put a history of Accutron up on their site and is promoting the podcast. Links below. And a pic of their 2019 concept watch from Baselworld.

That is the only watch I've actually been anticipating since it was first announced.

They need to hurry up and release it so it hit the grey market and hopefully end up at a price I'm comfortable paying [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:43 pm

I would suspect Peugeot, but @ManOnTime would be the one to confirm.

Looks like a Ferrari 330 GT 2+2.

Having a Ferrari wouldn't be too unusual, France is home to the premier annual motoring event (24 Heures du Mans).
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:24 pm
TheJohnP wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:43 pm

I would suspect Peugeot, but @ManOnTime would be the one to confirm.

Looks like a Ferrari 330 GT 2+2.

Having a Ferrari wouldn't be too unusual, France is home to the premier annual motoring event (24 Heures du Mans).
I defer to your knowledge.
Although it does kind of look like the Peugeot lion logo on the grill to me.

Click Icon To Contact Me