2020 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: 2020 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by Dub Rubb »

TheJohnP wrote:Another interesting collab.
Seiko has partnered with SEGA to celebrate their 60th anniversary with a pair of limited edition chronos.

https://60th.sega.com/en/contents/goods/

Silver watch - https://ebten.jp/sega/p/4570001942204
Black watch - https://ebten.jp/sega/p/4570001942211

From a Gear Patrol article:

Seiko chronograph watches come in two colors, each with blue highlights to match the Sega logo. Both watches measure a comfortable 38.5mm wide and measure only 9.6mm thick in a steel case that’s water-resistant to 100m — one in an all-silver color scheme and the other in all black with contrasting subdials. Meant for video game fans rather than mechanical watch enthusiasts, the watches are powered by quartz movements.

Intended for the Japanese market, the watches are available from Sega for preorder now with availability expected for the end of August 2020. The silver model is limited to 800 examples with a price of around $400 while the black-coated version, of which only 400 pieces will be made, will be available at a price of $435 each.

Full article here - https://gearpatrol.com/2020/06/08/seiko ... b-watches/

These are too cool. And the size is just a bonus!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Man... so much cool stuff lately in this thread between the Beams Citizen, that LIV, the new Q, and the SEGA Seiko. I want them all!
I wish that watch were 38mm?
fillerbunny
MoT Member

Post by fillerbunny »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:46 pm Another interesting collab.
Seiko has partnered with SEGA to celebrate their 60th anniversary with a pair of limited edition chronos.
They are nice, but to quote myself from WUS,

[$400 for a 7T92 chrono isn't cheap,] especially since the SBTQ series 7T92 chronos these seem to be based on go for ¥10,300 ($83) on Rakuten. There's also a bunch of non-JDM SND references that appear to be the same watch.
item-33221.jpg
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

WPybus wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:19 am A new limited edition Alpina to hit the market soon- working with gyre so recycled oceanic plastic is used for the case and old fishing nets for the strap.

5 models in 2 sizes: 36mm and 43mm

Brand: Alpina
Model: Seastrong Gyre
Reference Number: AL-525LNSB3VG6

Diameter: 44mm and 36mm
Case Material: Recycled plastic
Dial Color: blue shades, turquoise and dyed mother-of-pearl
Indexes: Luminescent markers.
Lume: Yes
Water Resistance: 300m
Strap/Bracelet: NATO strap made from recycled plastic

The Movement
Caliber: AL-525
Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, date
Diameter: 25.60
Power Reserve: 38 hours
Winding: Automatic
Frequency: 28,800 vph
Jewels: 26

Pricing & Availability
Price: $1,595
Availability: August 2020
Limited Edition: Yes, 1,883 examples of each execution.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/alpin ... ntroducing
Some additional info: the Alpina EU site is showing them as available. The US site is listing them as sold out. I thought they were releasing it on World Ocean Day (June 8th) so I went, wow, sold out already!? Their CS said they are backordered now and more stock will be available in August 2020, consistent with what [mention]WPybus[/mention] posted.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Guinand recently posted this on this website:
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 11.53.49 AM.png
It's one of my favourite brands...and I have been looking to get a GMT (I think that's what it looks like). Can't wait!
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

pdsf wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:12 am Guinand recently posted this on this website:

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 11.53.49 AM.png

It's one of my favourite brands...and I have been looking to get a GMT (I think that's what it looks like). Can't wait!
Definitely a GMT. That's gotta be the GMT hand a 5 o'clock.

I had not come across this brand before, but I really like what I see. Drooling over this rn:

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

I drool over this every time I wear it. [emoji3526]

The company used to be owned by Helmut Sinn. It has a long history. I want to get their Flieger Stahlblau with a SFL bezel. Their customer service is outstanding.
DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

Longines recently released some vintage-inspired field/pilot watches.

I want to like it but there are just too many weird design cues about their recent releases that makes me irritated... Like they're trying to overcompensate the negative space and overcomplicate simplistic designs.

I'm genuinely unsure who enjoys having such a large gap between the case and strap aesthetically (and please don't get me started on Nomos).

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/longines-l ... explorers/

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

For Father's Day, Ball has introduced the Trainmaster Secometer Pocket Watch, a limited production timepiece that simultaneously pays tribute to their railroad heritage and a classic 1920s-era model. Available exclusively online.

Ball Trainmaster Secometer Pocket Watch, model # PW1098E-WH
Price is $749
https://shop.ballwatch.ch/en/Secometer_Pocket_NM1098D

The 45mm case is constructed of stainless steel, while the steel case back is left entirely blank and serves as your canvas for customization. Select the standard typeface for a modern look or a cursive style to echo the retro theme. Engrave your name, commemorate a special moment, or add a short personal message – it’s your opportunity to echo the style often seen on vintage timepieces. While stainless steel is a classic industrial material that heavily inspired and shaped the Art Deco movement, it also delivers the toughness necessary for everyday use.

The Trainmaster Secometer delivers trusted night-reading capabilities, yet forgoes micro gas tubes in favor of Super-LumiNova.

WEIGHT - Approx. 70g
MOVEMENT - Manual caliber BALL RR2102
SIZE (CASE) - 45mm, height 12mm
WATER RESISTANCE - 30m/100ft
FUNCTIONS - Hours, minutes and subsidiary seconds
CASE MATERIAL - Stainless Steel
CROWN - Pushed-in crown
CRYSTAL - Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
DIAL COLOR - White

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

pdsf wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:45 am I drool over this every time I wear it. [emoji3526]

The company used to be owned by Helmut Sinn. It has a long history. I want to get their Flieger Stahlblau with a SFL bezel. Their customer service is outstanding.
Have not visited their site for a while. Yep, a brand that deserves more exposure, IMO.

There is this 37mm beauty to be found:

Just my $0.02 USD as always.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:56 am For Father's Day, Ball has introduced the Trainmaster Secometer Pocket Watch, a limited production timepiece that simultaneously pays tribute to their railroad heritage and a classic 1920s-era model. Available exclusively online.

Price is $749

The 45mm case is constructed of stainless steel, while the steel case back is left entirely blank and serves as your canvas for customization. Select the standard typeface for a modern look or a cursive style to echo the retro theme. Engrave your name, commemorate a special moment, or add a short personal message – it’s your opportunity to echo the style often seen on vintage timepieces. While stainless steel is a classic industrial material that heavily inspired and shaped the Art Deco movement, it also delivers the toughness necessary for everyday use.

The Trainmaster Secometer delivers trusted night-reading capabilities, yet forgoes micro gas tubes in favor of Super-LumiNova.

WEIGHT - Approx. 70g
CROWN - Pushed-in crown
DIAL COLOR - White

That is too cool!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:56 am For Father's Day, Ball has introduced the Trainmaster Secometer Pocket Watch, a limited production timepiece that simultaneously pays tribute to their railroad heritage and a classic 1920s-era model. Available exclusively online.

Price is $749

WEIGHT - Approx. 70g
CROWN - Pushed-in crown
DIAL COLOR - White

[mention]Bbrou33[/mention] might consider this and see if someone can put his gingerbread man and woman on the back. :D
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

From the inbox:

A watch I had been looking forward to, the Alkin Model Two.
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
Available for preorder in a couple weeks:
I will be running pre-orders through alkinwatches.com this time around, with the first 50 watches starting at only £325 / $400 USD, so be quick!
Specs, though I suspect the lug width here is a typo:

Case: 316L stainless steel
Movement: Miyota 9039
Lume: Super-LumiNova BGW9
Lens: Sapphire with AR coating
Water resistance: 300m / 30ATM
Bracelet: Brushed SS Bracelet
Weight: 165 Grams
Crowns: 3.5 x 6.5mm screw-down
Dimensions: 41 x 48mm
Lug width: 28mm
Thickness: 12.8mm
Bezel: Internal Bi-directional
Case Finish: Brushed SS
Warranty: 2 year

Here is a video review, which I have not watched. It might answer the lug width question.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Split-Time wrote:

Price is $749

WEIGHT - Approx. 70g
CROWN - Pushed-in crown
DIAL COLOR - White

[mention]Bbrou33[/mention] might consider this and see if someone can put his gingerbread man and woman on the back. :D
Haha this is actually really cool

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:56 am The Trainmaster Secometer delivers trusted night-reading capabilities, yet forgoes micro gas tubes in favor of Super-LumiNova.

This is looks great, but what's the point of lumed markers without lumed hands?