We're Moving!

Click for more info.

2020 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: 2020 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by yinzburgher »

I got an email from Worn & Wound that on Friday 3/20 at noon eastern they will be releasing two collaborative limited edition Baltic watches. From the teaser photos it appears to be silver dial versions of the Bicompax chronograph with Seagull 1901 movement and the HMS automatic three-hander with Miyota 8200 movement. They will be sold at the WIND-UP WATCH SHOP.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Link below to [mention]Conchita Turtle[/mention]'s post about the new Hamilton PSR with info about the original Hamilton Pulsar Time Computer digital watch.

tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:45 pm Bernhardt has new Binnacle Anchor models available now.

https://www.bernhardtwatch.com/collecti ... cle-anchor
Price is $289

I never expected to use "sexy" and "Bernhardt watch" as complimentary terms in the same sentence.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:26 pm I got an email from Worn & Wound that on Friday 3/20 at noon eastern they will be releasing two collaborative limited edition Baltic watches. From the teaser photos it appears to be silver dial versions of the Bicompax chronograph with Seagull 1901 movement and the HMS automatic three-hander with Miyota 8200 movement. They will be sold at the WIND-UP WATCH SHOP.

I just received the email. They are out! What do you guys think?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Love salmon dials. Those look very nice!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

pdsf wrote:
yinzburgher wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:26 pm I got an email from Worn & Wound that on Friday 3/20 at noon eastern they will be releasing two collaborative limited edition Baltic watches. From the teaser photos it appears to be silver dial versions of the Bicompax chronograph with Seagull 1901 movement and the HMS automatic three-hander with Miyota 8200 movement. They will be sold at the WIND-UP WATCH SHOP.

Looks awesome. Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

username
MoT Member

Post by username »

pdsf wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:32 am

I love the chronograph. Seems that it's already sold out though. :( I can understand why.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I like that three hander a LOT.
Hopefully they're using the newer hacking 821As.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

WARNING: I may be grouchier than normal due to all the social distancing I've been doing.

Personally they didn't connect. While I really dig the multi-textured dial, to me the color scheme, especially with silver hands, feels like a missed opportunity. The dial looks more bronze than salmon; I would've loved to see it closer to pink with some blued hands. Speaking strictly in terms of colors, my favorite out of the variants is the Blue gilt Bicompax though its dial feels a bit flat. It would be cool to see that blue/gilt dial with matte graining in the center. Overall I think these are handsome watches, but personally I find the other colorways more interesting.

EDIT: Here we go...
Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 12.26.09 PM.png
matte_graining.jpg
Living a comeback montage.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

peskydonut wrote:

WARNING: I may be grouchier than normal due to all the social distancing I've been doing.

Personally they didn't connect. While I really dig the multi-textured dial, to me the color scheme, especially with silver hands, feels like a missed opportunity. The dial looks more bronze than salmon; I would've loved to see it closer to pink with some blued hands. Speaking strictly in terms of colors, my favorite out of the variants is the Blue gilt Bicompax though its dial feels a bit flat. It would be cool to see that blue/gilt dial with matte graining in the center. Overall I think these are handsome watches, but personally I find the other colorways more interesting.

matte_graining.jpg
In this case I think the pronunciation ‘groaning’ is acceptable as that is what I am doing after that visual gag.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Sporkboy wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:53 pm
peskydonut wrote:

matte_graining.jpg
In this case I think the pronunciation ‘groaning’ is acceptable as that is what I am doing after that visual gag.
Yeah. Not my proudest moment.
Living a comeback montage.
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Some designer watch but somehow I don't hate it.

https://uncrate.com/issey-miyake-16-mechanical-watch/

And you really must read this:
https://hypebeast.com/2020/3/issey-miya ... -timepiece

"Issey Miyake isn’t just a wildly-influential Japanese designer — the brand offers a wide range of products that includes everything from bags and perfumes to various women’s ready-to-wear lines and sub-labels. The company also produces timepieces as part of the Issey Miyake Watch project, partnering with different designers to bring their unique design languages to life.
The latest partner is in-demand New York-based designer Nao Tamura, the Watch project’s first woman designer. Inspired by scientific measuring tools and a desire to slow things down in an era of instant gratification, Tamura envisioned that the “1/6” would emphasize the passage of time. One hand movement travels at six beats per second, while a long second hand encompasses both the outer markers from 12 to 6 o’clock and the inner fine markers that follow.

A partial crown appears near 6 o’clock, lending the timepiece an intentional tool-like aesthetic. This is underscored by the watch’s understated monochrome color options — all-black, grey case with a black face, white face on black case and white face with grey case — and minimalist straps: either a black leather variant or a Milanese bracelet in black or grey.

“…Men’s watches designed by male designers are more likely to have strong sensibility like desires for possessions and how others look at you,” Tamura explained. “I thought of, conversely, trimming off that sensibility completely because I am a female designer.”

“When I look at a smartphone on a train, I arrive at my destination in no time. But when I looked at a watch, I realized that time passes by slower than I thought. Besides, I felt like I emptied my mind or my brain was working differently while looking. I used to have an impression that wearing a watch is being pressed for time, but now I noticed that looking at a watch to check the time is such luxurious behavior that is separated from an enormous amount of information. The idea of ‘a watch as a tool’ came up from that feeling and awareness. What I wanted for a watch was not fashion, but expression of the ‘passage of time’ in a careful manner.”
NAO TAMURA"
baldrick
MoT Member

Post by baldrick »

Farer have just announced a limited edition Oxley GMT.

Looks great but a tad small for me at 39.5mm.

USD 1455.

https://usd.farer.com/products/oxley-si ... =farer.com

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

nicegator wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:39 am Some designer watch but somehow I don't hate it.

https://uncrate.com/issey-miyake-16-mechanical-watch/

And you really must read this:
https://hypebeast.com/2020/3/issey-miya ... -timepiece

"Issey Miyake isn’t just a wildly-influential Japanese designer — the brand offers a wide range of products that includes everything from bags and perfumes to various women’s ready-to-wear lines and sub-labels. The company also produces timepieces as part of the Issey Miyake Watch project, partnering with different designers to bring their unique design languages to life.
The latest partner is in-demand New York-based designer Nao Tamura, the Watch project’s first woman designer. Inspired by scientific measuring tools and a desire to slow things down in an era of instant gratification, Tamura envisioned that the “1/6” would emphasize the passage of time. One hand movement travels at six beats per second, while a long second hand encompasses both the outer markers from 12 to 6 o’clock and the inner fine markers that follow.

A partial crown appears near 6 o’clock, lending the timepiece an intentional tool-like aesthetic. This is underscored by the watch’s understated monochrome color options — all-black, grey case with a black face, white face on black case and white face with grey case — and minimalist straps: either a black leather variant or a Milanese bracelet in black or grey.

“…Men’s watches designed by male designers are more likely to have strong sensibility like desires for possessions and how others look at you,” Tamura explained. “I thought of, conversely, trimming off that sensibility completely because I am a female designer.”

“When I look at a smartphone on a train, I arrive at my destination in no time. But when I looked at a watch, I realized that time passes by slower than I thought. Besides, I felt like I emptied my mind or my brain was working differently while looking. I used to have an impression that wearing a watch is being pressed for time, but now I noticed that looking at a watch to check the time is such luxurious behavior that is separated from an enormous amount of information. The idea of ‘a watch as a tool’ came up from that feeling and awareness. What I wanted for a watch was not fashion, but expression of the ‘passage of time’ in a careful manner.”
NAO TAMURA"
Thanks for posting! It's an interesting watch (as in interesting good). I continue to find that their watch designs somehow have not conveyed their signature aesthetics for their apparel (e.g., their play with 3D using pleats), but that's just me. Wondering if the bezel can be rotated given the markings on the side....hope so!
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

baldrick wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:13 am Farer have just announced a limited edition Oxley GMT.

Looks great but a tad small for me at 39.5mm.

USD 1455.

https://usd.farer.com/products/oxley-si ... =farer.com

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I like this, but I must resist!!!! It'd probably wear larger as the bezel is so thin. My guess is it'd look great on most folks, but I prefer smaller case real estate on my wrist. :)