2020 Watch Collection Plans

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
cortman
MoT Member

Re: 2020 Watch Collection Plans

Post by cortman »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:16 am As for my 2020 plans, nothing concrete.

I'd really like to plan and save for something "big", but I'll have to work hard a suppressing the impulse purchasing urges.
This forum can either break you or make you strong in that regard. Here's hoping it's the latter for me :lol:
jcombs1
MoT Member

Post by jcombs1 »

Downsize and refine. I would really like to get down to 2-3 autos and 2-3 quartz. That’s basically where I’m at now but with 2 incoming, so something has gotta go.

I’ll still flip a few here and there as my collection has been self funded, mostly, through buying and selling. I have 3-4 to get listed and sold and not sure what’s next. I may take a little break and see what happens.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I think my collection will change but probably not drastically so. I foresee things very likely trending a bit more vintage and a bit more Russian/Soviet. I still purchase and wear some microbrands but I'm generally less excited about them than in the past. That will likely remain about the same but there are a few I might pick-up if the price is right.....Borealis, MKII, Raven, and I'd love a blue Baltic Aquascathe. I'd like to add a Rado to the collection this year if I can find the right model at the right price. There's one possible but not likely vintage Tudor. And I imagine there will be a mod or two. There are some Sinn and Damasko I might keep an eye on but it won't bother me if that doesn't happen this year. No question that Citizen, Seiko, and Orient will continue to be a big part of my collection and among my favorite watches. It may sound boring to some but I still get very excited about new stuff from those brands and even their old stuff I haven't discovered or appreciated yet. Seagull and San Martin watches are also a good possibility this year. If I move upmarket at all, I doubt it will be by much. I've spent over $1k twice ever on a watch and it could happen again but my whole collection isn't going to all of a sudden move in that direction. I like having a lot of relatively affordable watches. I'll definitely maintain a large collection. While it is getting there, it hasn't become outright unmanageable for me yet. That might come this year lol. There will definitely be some selling this year. I really only have about five ain't-never-lettin-go watches. Anything else could potentially be sold. It's likely I'll be posting a lot less deals this year but I'm unsure whether or not that will affect my buying habits and my collection. And as 'palooza and AisA alluded to, you don't really know exactly what you're going to discover and take a liking to and what deals are gonna come your way. And I really look forward to that.