Post a pic/photo of a great-looking vintage watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Post a pic/photo of a great-looking vintage watch

Post by watchpalooza »

yinzburgher wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:11 pm
watchpalooza wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:02 pm
yinzburgher wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:42 pm Here's an interesting one I'd never seen until today. A 1956 Universal Geneve reference 100110. Found HERE on timeline.watch, which is a cool site worth scrolling through.

Incredible....and Can be yours: https://www.ebay.de/itm/153983710999
Oooh.....just a bit outside my comfort zone! ;) Noticed on that listing it has a bumper movement. 8-)

Perhaps if you sell some bras and stuffed animals? Or was that the other way around? 😎
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

A Gallet Flying Officer chronograph from Instagram.....crazy good condition.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

A smattering of vintagey goodness from Instagram.

Rainshadow
MoT Member

Post by Rainshadow »

Not beautiful by any standard, but there's those with a taste for the totally outrageous & kitschy. This Chronotech Renault Formula 1 merchandise is on Catawiki, Ana digi, NOS. Going for €220 at the time of writing.

“You may be ruled by dogma without realizing it. Do not let it confront the truth of your vision quest.”

- New-Age **** Generator
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

"Le Marc" was owned by Carlyle & Co. Jewelers, a national chain that went defunct not long after the death of it's founder and chairman, Lawrence M. Cohen of Greensboro, NC. According to Mikrolisk, Mr. Cohen had registered the "Le Marc" name on January 6, 1959.

It's a one-piece, 20 micron plated case with an ETA 2391 inside.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Post a pic/photo of a great-looking vintage watchhttps://www.instagram.com/p/CEKVpjJHBP-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_lin

Post by yinzburgher »

I'm ready for whenever Citizen, Fortis, or any other brand wants to bring back the 1:30 date window.....

Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: Post a pic/photo of a great-looking vintage watchhttps://www.instagram.com/p/CEKVpjJHBP-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_lin

Post by Split-Time »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:51 pm I'm ready for whenever Citizen, Fortis, or any other brand wants to bring back the 1:30 date window.....

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Split-Time wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:10 pm
yinzburgher wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:51 pm I'm ready for whenever Citizen, Fortis, or any other brand wants to bring back the 1:30 date window.....

:lol: Absolutely serious. The more variety in watches, the better. I actually think both of these look pretty cool. I can certainly appreciate simplicity and symmetry in a dial and in a watch. But I think if a lot of watch fans and critics got their way, we would see a lot of pretty stale watch releases.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:42 pm
Split-Time wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:10 pm

:lol: Absolutely serious. The more variety in watches, the better. I actually think both of these look pretty cool. I can certainly appreciate simplicity and symmetry in a dial and in a watch. But I think if a lot of watch fans and critics got their way, we would see a lot of pretty stale watch releases.
I can appreciate that. You are probably on to something in that a 1:30 date may be "cool" on a vintage watch but a hard pill some to swallow on a modern piece.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I had to share these two I saw on IG. I'm not really familiar with the brands.....a Jardur three-register chronograph and a Harvel Date-o-graph. Which would you pick for your own collection?

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

yinzburgher wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:14 pm I had to share these two I saw on IG. I'm not really familiar with the brands.....a Jardur three-register chronograph and a Harvel Date-o-graph. Which would you pick for your own collection?

Those are both very interesting. The chrono had my attention but it bugs me that they seem to have gone for a 3-6-9 dial but then tacked each with the subdial hands. I could get over that pretty quickly if that watch magically appeared in my collection :lol: !

Also, can someone explain that bezel? I don't know that I have seen a 12 hour bezel that is reverse...so I am interested how that would be used.

I really like the cross for Sunday on the date-o-graph.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

68D010DA-127E-47C7-AA1A-40131AFA2D75.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

20200825_084238.jpg
20200825_084238.jpg (110.78 KiB) Viewed 4250 times
20200825_084246_HDR.jpg
20200825_084246_HDR.jpg (100.82 KiB) Viewed 4250 times