As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

SUPER CHEAP AFFORDABLE WATCHES! - THE $20 OR LESS THREAD

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: SUPER CHEAP AFFORDABLE WATCHES! - THE $20 OR LESS THREAD

Post by Split-Time »

watchpalooza wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:33 pm
Stretch44 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:24 pm Thanks. My wife just ordered a chartreuse one.
Which one is chartreuse?
This is the post when we find out that [mention]watchpalooza[/mention] has never been a fisherman ;). That's where I learned about chartreuse, anyway.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Stretch44 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:14 pm
watchpalooza wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:33 pm
Stretch44 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:24 pm Thanks. My wife just ordered a chartreuse one.
Which one is chartreuse?
It's a fancy way of saying yellow with a little green. It didn't feel right when I wrote it, but that's the color my wife called it...
LoL. I had looked it up, but couldn’t tell if it was the green or the yellow one....
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

My Skmei DW5600 clone with metal case and bracelet finally arrived. Only about $13 during the March sale @ AliEx, and only took 76 days to reach my mailbox! :lol:

PCMX2209ER.jpg
PCMX2209ER.jpg (195.37 KiB) Viewed 6842 times
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

My wife's chartreuse Nixon came. More yellow than she thought, but she loves it. My daughter likes it too...

Edit: just noticed she's wearing it upside down... Haha

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

I found this at Wal-Mart. There were a couple others and a few $11 Timex of note. Still has the plastic on the crystal. I love these things.
Attachments
D7FBF295-5E52-48B4-8C30-E4835A1FE8D1.jpeg
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

yinzburgher wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:23 am
Hidden Content
Looks like it will not ship to Germany. Anyone willing to buy and ship for reimbursement? I love this one.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

watchpalooza wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:05 am
yinzburgher wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:23 am
Hidden Content
Looks like it will not ship to Germany. Anyone willing to buy and ship for reimbursement? I love this one.
Sure, pm me your address
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:30 am OK, so here is a brand you don't see too often on forums but I think the watches below are probably worth a look at these prices. I've never owned a Nixon watch so I can't recommend them based on first-hand experience but I do like a number of their designs that I've seen over the years. I think Nixon might be considered by most WIS to be a "fashion watch" (whatever that means). It's not too often that you find them priced at $20 or less but now is one of those times. Ashford has a whole mess of them on sale starting as low as $13.49 using the 10% off code CR10P9MZ. Even with the $5.99 shipping that Ashford charges for shipping under $99, that still only comes to $19.48. Whoop whoop! Most of the cheaper ones are a model called the Nixon Time Teller P, with the P standing for polycarbonate. They are $60 at full price and typically go for $35 and up. They are 40mm and use a three-hand quartz movement from Miyota. Contrary to what Ashford says, they do not have a screw-down crown but they do have a screw-down caseback and 100m WR. I think the red one below would probably be my pick, edging out the orange and the green. Cheap and flashy! Links below.

LINK TO NIXON WATCHES AT ASHFORD

THE TIME TELLER P ON NIXON'S SITE
As you might know, watchgooroo on ebay is owned by the same group and has all the same inventory as Ashford and Discount Watch Store. They have dropped the price on this white Nixon Time Teller P A12483009-00 to just $9.99 (and the chartreuse one too, sorry Stretch). This one might look better with the white strap swapped out for a black rubber strap or a colorful NATO. Click below.

recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

I just noticed that Amazon has a line of watches that they are selling under the Amazon Essentials brand name. These ones are basically Casio knockoffs but strangely cost $0.10 more than the F91W [emoji848]

Amazon Essentials Unisex Digital Chronograph Silicone Strap Watch

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

recapt wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:04 am I just noticed that Amazon has a line of watches that they are selling under the Amazon Essentials brand name. These ones are basically Casio knockoffs but strangely cost $0.10 more than the F91W [emoji848]

Amazon Essentials Unisex Digital Chronograph Silicone Strap Watch

I had no idea these existed. I found 7 in total. The one you posted says 39mm, which is a good size. Although Amazon is known to get those sort of details wrong quite frequently.

MEN'S WATCHES HERE

2020-07-05 (2).png

WOMEN'S WATCHES HERE

2020-07-05 (5).png
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Hidden Content
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Hidden Content
Techme
MoT Member

Post by Techme »

This is my $6.50 AUD SKMEI from ebay. I call it 'Son of a beater'. As far as I know it doesn't homage anything.

It's crazy legible and I got it for when I'm refereeing sports primarily. I wear it running, painting, mowing, whatevering - this watch just won't die. It's rated at 50m and I've worn it plenty of times. It has a g-shock style strap which is OK, but I cleaned it up this morning and put it on a waffle strap. The waffle strap tapers immediately from the spring bars so it's a bit slim, fun nonetheless.
ImageImage
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Just stumbled across the fascinating ana-digi referee’s watch for $11.87 with free Prime shipping (note: listed as Used, Very Good). Hope you don’t want to swap the strap out though.

Click on ‘See all buying options’ to see the price.

ShoppeWatch Mens Referee Sports Watch Big Square Face LED Dual Time Analog Digital Light Up Dial Stopwatch Leather Band Relojes Deportivos de Hombre Cronometros Wacht Hombre OH-112