We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SUPER CHEAP AFFORDABLE WATCHES! - THE $20 OR LESS THREAD

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
recapt
MoT Member

Re: SUPER CHEAP AFFORDABLE WATCHES! - THE $20 OR LESS THREAD

Post by recapt »

Interesting little LED novelty watch for $11.99 with free Prime shipping & free returns. Nine different strap colors to choose from.

It’s probably available on AliExpress for like $3 so maybe check there too if you can handle the long shipping times.

Fanmis 29 LED Sector Blue Red Light Digital Date Silicone Strap Men's Women's Sports Wrist Watch

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

recapt wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:22 am Interesting little LED novelty watch for $11.99 with free Prime shipping & free returns. Nine different strap colors to choose from.

It’s probably available on AliExpress for like $3 so maybe check there too if you can handle the long shipping times.

Fanmis 29 LED Sector Blue Red Light Digital Date Silicone Strap Men's Women's Sports Wrist Watch

The first one I found was ~$6 with shipping.
87EE97F1-1C9A-447A-B234-59252C9AE8E5.jpeg
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Cross-posting this from the deals thread. Sure wish I knew how to find all those single digit deals like Yinz but this will have to do for now :)

Casio AE-1400WHD-1AVCF on bracelet for $17.99 from Amazon with free shipping (Prime) and returns.

Pic from the internet...

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Hidden Content
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Hidden Content
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Get a two watch set (analog + digital) for $8, a few colorways available, sold by Walmart. h/t Slickdeals here. The brand is George, which I believe is a Walmart house label.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/George-Dress ... ected=true

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Edit: Well that's frustrating.....Sold out already. I'm keeping the post up in case they add stock or drop prices on one of the other colorways, as they have in the past.

I'm breaking the rules here........with a recommendation that comes in just above the $20 mark (but I think is in line with the spirit of the thread). Fossil is currently having a further sale on some of their sale items with the code SUMMER40. It includes this 42mm dark navy dial Fossil Forrester Three-Hand Luggage Leather Watch (Reference FS5611). I think it's rather handsome and pilot-y.......and a pretty good deal at $20.79 with the code. 2% CB is available through TCB. Shipping is free and so is an engraving on the caseback. So all together a fair bargain, even if over 20 bills. True story: Many months ago, the white dial version of this was on sale. When it finally dropped to $17, I decided to order one. I got home from work and sat at my computer thinking of what to get engraved on the back of the watch (for free!). Well apparently I thought about it for a minute too long. Because when I woke up and wiped the slobber from my face, the watch was already sold out. :cry: Kids, don't be a yinzburgher; order yours today. Click the pic below.

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

This 35mm Casio is $6 + tax incl. free shipping from a 3rd party (with less-than-ideal ratings). I walked through checkout and it shows a possible two-week wait time for delivery (with the free shipping option).

casio_on_amazon.png
https://www.amazon.com/Casio-MQ24-7B2-A ... 000GB0G7A/

Image from Casio's product page here:
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Hidden Content
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

BostonCharlie wrote:This 35mm Casio is $6 + tax incl. free shipping from a 3rd party (with less-than-ideal ratings). I walked through checkout and it shows a possible two-week wait time for delivery (with the free shipping option).

casio_on_amazon.png

Sweet deal. I ordered one for myself (or maybe it'll be for my wife, or my boy). Enhancing the cool factor of this watch: it's near identical to the watch worn by Pope Francis, who wears a slightly different version that has smaller Arabics. Fun purchase!
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

ohhenry1 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:22 pm
BostonCharlie wrote:This 35mm Casio is $6 + tax incl. free shipping from a 3rd party (with less-than-ideal ratings). I walked through checkout and it shows a possible two-week wait time for delivery (with the free shipping option).

casio_on_amazon.png

Sweet deal. I ordered one for myself (or maybe it'll be for my wife, or my boy). Enhancing the cool factor of this watch: it's near identical to the watch worn by Pope Francis, who wears a slightly different version that has smaller Arabics. Fun purchase!
I originally thought all of these Casios like the MQ24 were about 35mm like the one the Pope wears. But I few months ago I noticed that some of the ones I was seeing on Amazon were 42mm. Like this MW240-7BV which also has a slightly different handset and is pictured below. I think if there was a Goldilocks version of about 39mm I would probably own one already. Skmei (I like saying this word) makes some rip-offs/homages of these Casios. On Amazon they actually cost more than the OG Casio. The model number for the 35mm is 1419. Also pictured below. The third picture is a few colorways of the Skmei 1449, which is actually a 39mm homage these cheap plastic Casios. So that Skmei should be my Huckleberry but I guess I just have a tough time with the idea of buying a homage to a Casio that costs less than $20.

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Modest discount. Looks like Amazon is price matching Target, bringing this to $14.88, second-lowest price per the Camels:

Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Casio-10-Year-Ba ... 01D0YD4BE/

Target:
https://www.target.com/p/casio-men-s-wo ... A-51077042

Photo from Target:
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

BostonCharlie wrote:Modest discount. Looks like Amazon is price matching Target, bringing this to $14.88, second-lowest price per the Camels:

Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Casio-10-Year-Ba ... 01D0YD4BE/

Target:
https://www.target.com/p/casio-men-s-wo ... A-51077042

Photo from Target:
Hmmm maybe this will be my new yard watch. Thanks for sharing BC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

Piggybacking off BostonCharlie's post above...

This seems like a lot of old-school digital geekism for $16 (Amazon market seller). 45mm case, 200m WR, 10-year battery, mineral crystal. All the necessary digital functions plus some gratuitous graphical doo-dads. Hard to ask more at this price. If it lasts a decade it could be money well spent.

I normally shy away from negative LCD displays as they can be hard to read, but haven’t seen one of these in person. (Amazon also sells a similar AE-2100W with positive display for a few bucks more if you'd rather play it safe.)

casioae2000w.jpg
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"