We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SUPER CHEAP AFFORDABLE WATCHES! - THE $20 OR LESS THREAD

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Re: SUPER CHEAP AFFORDABLE WATCHES! - THE $20 OR LESS THREAD

Post by Sporkboy »

yinzburgher wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:20 am
BostonCharlie wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:49 am
ohhenry1 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:05 am EDIT: now sold out, but there are similar deals to be had from the same source, by the same method.

We've seen some Timex MK1 deals in here lately, but I don't believe we've ever seen a Timex MK1 CHRONOGRAPH dip below the $20 threshold.

Until now. How does $15.99, with free shipping, sound? (VERIFIED)

Link to deal: https://www.ashford.com/timex/tw2t10600.html

Use coupon code ASHTW20 to get the 20% discount (off of $19.99) and the free shipping.

NOTES: 40mm diameter; copper tone aluminum case (so it should be feather light); domed acrylic crystal for better and for worse; Timex's chronograph movements are known to quiet compared to their infamously loud 3-hander movements.

There are also other all-time great (yes, even greater than before!), super affordable Timex deals to be had on Ashford using the same coupon code (please dig around), but this was the one that stood out to me the most.
ASHTW20 seems to still work: it took 20% off the Timex in my cart at Ashford. I had to give them my info before the discount appeared.

That takes this 36mm Waterbury under $20, incl. free shipping (tested):

https://www.ashford.com/timex/tw2p95700.html

I think the price on this blue Waterbury model TW2P95700 has dropped yet again. With the above code, it now comes down to $15.99 a pop. So of course I had to buy 2 :roll: , one to rock and one to stock.....or possibly to gift. I know this is listed as 36mm women's watch on a few sites, but it's actually 38mm which is a good size for me. 18mm lug width unfortunately but I think I have a couple straps that will work. Thanks for posting, fellow cheapskates!
Had I the bandwidth, that would make a great base for a mod. It is a nice size for me as well, but I am going to stay strong and resist this one. Stupid good price though.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Gold (bronze?) tone MK1 still at $15.99 with the code.

https://www.ashford.com/timex/tw2r96700.html

I wish that watch were 38mm?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Probably going to pick up one of the Waterburys for my mother-in-law. I did a battery change on her current watch the other day and the base metal case is pitted very badly. The stainless Waterbury case will be a nice upgrade.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

I lucked out at our Walmart — looked like they were emptying the jewelry case due to remodeling. These are all models I’ve admired. The $5 Forester isn’t running atm, but I have a surplus of batteries — one of them must fit. The $15 G-Shock has the nice feature of showing the time while in timer or stopwatch mode. The $18 Duro is just all around good. Sometimes you get the bear.

A7E3AD9B-8D6D-4824-9A9D-C34C12A0F8E1.jpeg
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Nice score [mention]BostonCharlie[/mention]! All of those are fantastic deals!
I wish that watch were 38mm?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

BostonCharlie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:57 pm I lucked out at our Walmart — looked like they were emptying the jewelry case due to remodeling. These are all models I’ve admired. The $5 Forester isn’t running atm, but I have a surplus of batteries — one of them must fit. The $15 G-Shock has the nice feature of showing the time while in timer or stopwatch mode. The $18 Duro is just all around good. Sometimes you get the bear.

Lucky!

A Walmart near me has had the black and gold Duro on clearance for a month or so now, and they haven't budged in price; still at $35.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

BostonCharlie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:57 pm I lucked out at our Walmart — looked like they were emptying the jewelry case due to remodeling. These are all models I’ve admired. The $5 Forester isn’t running atm, but I have a surplus of batteries — one of them must fit. The $15 G-Shock has the nice feature of showing the time while in timer or stopwatch mode. The $18 Duro is just all around good. Sometimes you get the bear.

If you don’t have the right battery, let me know.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Amazon Warehouse Indiglo Timex, "Used - Very Good" $16

UPDATE: Now sold.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SZMN8E/re ... _redir#aod

timex.jpg
cuica
MoT Member

Post by cuica »

If any of you fine gents finds a $11-18 Walmart Casio Duro and be willing to send it to Europe, please drop me a message. Thanks in advance.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

EMS branded Momentum Himalaya, which is appears to be the name that Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS) thought fit in with their brand better than ‘Atlas’. 38mm, titanium with a mineral crystal. These usually go for ~$65 or so, but it was listed as broken, so I snagged it for $18.67 shipped. I figured it would be a cheap and easy movement swap, but it turned out to just need a new battery. :D
32B84FD5-8868-4A28-AD07-ADA5C4C0A48E.jpeg
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:35 am Hopefully these actually show up. An Amazon seller named Global Precious Brands LLC had a bunch of Timex that were all listed at $15.87. So I ordered the three watches below. Shortly after I ordered all of the listings at that price were gone. My order still says it will be shipped by Amazon in a few days......we'll see.

Expedition Scout T49961

MK1 Steel TW2R68300

Marlin Automatic TW2T34600

This one has been at a decent price for the past few days but obviously 16 bucks doesn't make much sense. Even if it does show up, it'll likely get sold soon......or whenever the new gold-tone Citizen C7 makes it to my wrist.
OK, clearly I have a problem with buying cheap Timex, Timexes, Timices, Timeau :? or whatever is the preferred nomenclature. "Jefe.......would you say I have a plethora of Timices?" In addition to the 3 above (quoted from the Incoming thread), I just snagged a TW4B04800 Expedition for less than 8 smackers.

Let's say you also wanted in on said Timices. The Amazon seller I mentioned above has listed the MK1 TW2R68300 at $15.87 again with Prime shipping. A 40mm steel case with a nice-looking strap and Indiglo. 👇 Not sure how long it'll last at this price.

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:37 am ...

OK, clearly I have a problem with buying cheap Timex, Timexes, Timices, Timeau :? or whatever is the preferred nomenclature. ...
One upside to owning several Timexen is that instead of the loud ticking of a single watch coming from my watch box I enjoy an even, pleasant chorus. Kind of like listening to frogs at a pond or watching fireflies or hearing applause after a good performance. ;-)
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

BostonCharlie wrote:

OK, clearly I have a problem with buying cheap Timex, Timexes, Timices, Timeau :? or whatever is the preferred nomenclature. ...
One upside to owning several Timexen is that instead of the loud ticking of a single watch coming from my watch box I enjoy an even, pleasant chorus. Kind of like listening to frogs at a pond or watching fireflies or hearing applause after a good performance. ;-)
The glass truly is half full for you, isn't it BC! Lol

There's actually an interesting general question here: can we think of anything (other than Timexes, of course) that is annoying in singular, but becomes pleasant in plural?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

ohhenry1 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:12 am
BostonCharlie wrote:

The glass truly is half full for you, isn't it BC! Lol

There's actually an interesting general question here: can we think of anything (other than Timexes, of course) that is annoying in singular, but becomes pleasant in plural?
Beer.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

These won't be for everyone, but if you like it (or know someone who might) it's a good buy at just $9 from Amazon at the moment. It's the Timex Tactic HQ DGTL. Reference is TW5M22600. Plenty of functionality plus Indiglo. It's normally well over $20. 👇