We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Split-Time »

gormless wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:19 pm Just received my nearly new Christopher Ward C65 GMT. Didn't get in on the AUD trick but I'm ok with my deal anyway.

This is my first Chr Ward and I'm really surprised at the quality. I haven't gotten around to resizing the bracelet yet (not my favourite thing in the world), but I really like the quick release bracelet. Chucked it on a navy Chromexcel strap from the B-grade WatchGecko sale and I'm pretty happy with it now too. Image

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Congratulations on the new watch! It looks great!
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Thanks to [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] for bringing up Marquis Jewelers. I couldn't pass up on the 35% off.
I've been lusting after the SBDX017 for years but couldn't pull the trigger.

I'm glad I waited. This thing is a beast!
Time to test this bad boy.

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

whoagorgeous wrote:Thanks to [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] for bringing up Marquis Jewelers. I couldn't pass up on the 35% off.
I've been lusting after the SBDX017 for years but couldn't pull the trigger.

I'm glad I waited. This thing is a beast!
Time to test this bad boy.

Wow that's beautiful!

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33

Insta me: bbrou33
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

The Hautelook

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by PetWatch on Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Let's see it!!!
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Gotta love Norstorm Rack's big ol' box they use. Lol

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

whoagorgeous wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:11 pm Gotta love Norstorm Rack's big ol' box they use. Lol

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
And no packing whatsoever. A box in a box.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Timex T80, which I got from the Nordstrom sale.

I love the size and how light and small it is. I am thinking might try the bracelet version, which might work better for me than the expansion band. All black perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
McLovin
MoT Member

Post by McLovin »

Been going a little crazy lately with purchases. My 50th was last week and I new a was going to get a new watch for myself. My wife gave up trying to pick ones out for me years ago. Anyway I knew I wanted something that would have longevity in my collection. When I was 10 my mom and I gave my dad a seiko. He was a one watch guy and wore it every day the rest of his life. I knew that wasn't in the cards for me but didnt want to settle on something I would just end up flipping or sitting unworn. I thought about seiko but nothing grabbed me as a long term keeper. I also didnt want to go crazy and spend a ton which would only probably make me feel guilty and timing was not great. You know pandemic and all. I chose the Hamilton Murph. Loved the movie and reminds me of both my dad who passed at 90 last year and my daughter. I love the hands and no date. It just felt right for the occasion. Here it is next to my dad's seiko.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

McLovin wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:48 pm Been going a little crazy lately with purchases. My 50th was last week and I new a was going to get a new watch for myself. My wife gave up trying to pick ones out for me years ago. Anyway I knew I wanted something that would have longevity in my collection. When I was 10 my mom and I gave my dad a seiko. He was a one watch guy and wore it every day the rest of his life. I knew that wasn't in the cards for me but didnt want to settle on something I would just end up flipping or sitting unworn. I thought about seiko but nothing grabbed me as a long term keeper. I also didnt want to go crazy and spend a ton which would only probably make me feel guilty and timing was not great. You know pandemic and all. I chose the Hamilton Murph. Loved the movie and reminds me of both my dad who passed at 90 last year and my daughter. I love the hands and no date. It just felt right for the occasion. Here it is next to my dad's seiko.
Congrats on the new watch! Interstellar is one of my favorite movies (Moon is another) and I have two girls, so for me it also holds extra sentimental value. The Murph is too big for my wrist size, but definitely one that I've considered in the past.

You may enjoy this episode of the Worn & Wound podcast where they talk with the CEO of Hamilton about this watch and Hamilton's history with cinema. (The interview starts at 30:45 mark)

https://the-worn-wound-podcast-0adfb45b ... a?t=30m45s
Living a comeback montage.
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

McLovin wrote:Been going a little crazy lately with purchases. My 50th was last week and I new a was going to get a new watch for myself. My wife gave up trying to pick ones out for me years ago. Anyway I knew I wanted something that would have longevity in my collection. When I was 10 my mom and I gave my dad a seiko. He was a one watch guy and wore it every day the rest of his life. I knew that wasn't in the cards for me but didnt want to settle on something I would just end up flipping or sitting unworn. I thought about seiko but nothing grabbed me as a long term keeper. I also didnt want to go crazy and spend a ton which would only probably make me feel guilty and timing was not great. You know pandemic and all. I chose the Hamilton Murph. Loved the movie and reminds me of both my dad who passed at 90 last year and my daughter. I love the hands and no date. It just felt right for the occasion. Here it is next to my dad's seiko.
The Murph is great. Will probably try to pick one up myself on the secondary market at some point.

I posted in my “I screwed up my new watch” thread the “horror” photos of the Eterna Tangoroa that came in for me a couple of weeks ago. But here are some photos of the nice detailing on the watch. Eternas really are nicely detailed, and suffer from poor product shots (at least at Ashford and the like).

I’ll probably get out the real camera and macro lenses at some point this weekend...
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

McLovin wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:48 pm Been going a little crazy lately with purchases. My 50th was last week and I new a was going to get a new watch for myself. My wife gave up trying to pick ones out for me years ago. Anyway I knew I wanted something that would have longevity in my collection. When I was 10 my mom and I gave my dad a seiko. He was a one watch guy and wore it every day the rest of his life. I knew that wasn't in the cards for me but didnt want to settle on something I would just end up flipping or sitting unworn. I thought about seiko but nothing grabbed me as a long term keeper. I also didnt want to go crazy and spend a ton which would only probably make me feel guilty and timing was not great. You know pandemic and all. I chose the Hamilton Murph. Loved the movie and reminds me of both my dad who passed at 90 last year and my daughter. I love the hands and no date. It just felt right for the occasion. Here it is next to my dad's seiko.
Happy belated birthday! Great looking watch...I also love Interstellar :D .
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

I've been posting pictures of this thing all over the Interwebs :lol:

Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

tommy_boy wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:14 am I've been posting pictures of this thing all over the Interwebs :lol:

I would be doing the same@ 8-)
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Well I may have lost my job, but at least my Longines hydroconquest arrived today. It looks fantastic in person. I'm not sure on the weight of it, but it has to be at least 180g. I researched a bit and it turns out this model with the embossed bezel was made in limited numbers compared to the aluminum bezel models, and cost a bit more as well. Reminds me of the silver Rolex yachtmaster. I didn't get hit with duty either so it actually cost me $481 shipped.

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole