Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by whoagorgeous »

Sorry to hear that!

At least...... You'll get to spend some time with your whole collection now lol.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

Sorry to hear about your job. Stay safe.

In the meantime, $481 is a crazy price for that Yachtmaster.....err...I mean Hydroconquest. Enjoy it!
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Got another Speedy in the mail... Haha. It's going in my office.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Speaking of Speedys, this arrived yesterday :D . Our good friend [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention] advised that the bracelet can be tricky, so I put it on this leather for today. I am stoked!

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Stretch44 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:40 pm Got another Speedy in the mail... Haha. It's going in my office.

I’m may be down for this! They almost got me with the Rolex GMT. Is it too early to ask [mention]Sporkboy[/mention] is he could 3D print a chronograph hand for this? Kidding, not kidding.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Split-Time wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:09 pm Speaking of Speedys, this arrived yesterday :D . Our good friend @Dub Rubb advised that the bracelet can be tricky, so I put it on this leather for today. I am stoked!

Pretty! The hesalite is spotless, makes me want to polish mine. The Speedy is so versatile with straps, looks great on leather.
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

cheddar wrote:
McLovin wrote:Been going a little crazy lately with purchases. My 50th was last week and I new a was going to get a new watch for myself. My wife gave up trying to pick ones out for me years ago. Anyway I knew I wanted something that would have longevity in my collection. When I was 10 my mom and I gave my dad a seiko. He was a one watch guy and wore it every day the rest of his life. I knew that wasn't in the cards for me but didnt want to settle on something I would just end up flipping or sitting unworn. I thought about seiko but nothing grabbed me as a long term keeper. I also didnt want to go crazy and spend a ton which would only probably make me feel guilty and timing was not great. You know pandemic and all. I chose the Hamilton Murph. Loved the movie and reminds me of both my dad who passed at 90 last year and my daughter. I love the hands and no date. It just felt right for the occasion. Here it is next to my dad's seiko.
The Murph is great. Will probably try to pick one up myself on the secondary market at some point.

I posted in my “I screwed up my new watch” thread the “horror” photos of the Eterna Tangoroa that came in for me a couple of weeks ago. But here are some photos of the nice detailing on the watch. Eternas really are nicely detailed, and suffer from poor product shots (at least at Ashford and the like).

I’ll probably get out the real camera and macro lenses at some point this weekend...
Ok, a couple of macros with the better camera. The details on this thing are amazing. For instance, I had no idea “Automatic” was a different color than the rest of the lettering until I saw this photo:

The am/pm/seconds subdial is great:

jacksonlogan

Post by jacksonlogan »

Yeah it's a good idea to have a place to post watches. I have a collection of exquisite watches which I collected from best automatic dive watch under 5000 . They always bring elegant and most sophisticated stock of their products and that's why I shared my own superb experiences of buying watches.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

jacksonlogan wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:48 am
Yeah it's a good idea to have a place to post watches. I have a collection of exquisite watches which I collected from best automatic dive watch under 5000 . They always bring elegant and most sophisticated stock of their products and that's why I shared my own superb experiences of buying watches.

Who are you quoting [mention]jacksonlogan[/mention]?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Split-Time wrote:
Stretch44 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:40 pm Got another Speedy in the mail... Haha. It's going in my office.

I’m may be down for this! They almost got me with the Rolex GMT. Is it too early to ask [mention]Sporkboy[/mention] is he could 3D print a chronograph hand for this? Kidding, not kidding.
Wait, where is the chrono hand? That is sad. I could print one, but a commercial clock seconds hand would probably look better. The hard part would be that the movement and existing hands aren’t setup to take a seconds hand. It might actually be that there is a cap on the minutes hand and if you pop that off, there will be a seconds hand pinion there. Hard to say though. Not sure how long a hand you would need, but they are out there.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Sporkboy wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:06 pm
Split-Time wrote:

I’m may be down for this! They almost got me with the Rolex GMT. Is it too early to ask @Sporkboy is he could 3D print a chronograph hand for this? Kidding, not kidding.
Wait, where is the chrono hand? That is sad. I could print one, but a commercial clock seconds hand would probably look better. The hard part would be that the movement and existing hands aren’t setup to take a seconds hand. It might actually be that there is a cap on the minutes hand and if you pop that off, there will be a seconds hand pinion there. Hard to say though. Not sure how long a hand you would need, but they are out there.
I couldn't find one with a chronograph seconds hand. I looked forever! It wasn't a deal-breaker, but I'd love to have the chrono hand even if it were stationary.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Cheap Seiko mods from the Philippines.....guilty pleasure. I have too many.

Told you I have too many. Another 3 not in this pic.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

CVP33 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:17 pm Cheap Seiko mods from the Philippines.....guilty pleasure. I have too many.

Told you I have too many. Another 3 not in this pic.

So wait a second :shock: . You have at least 11 Seiko divers with 24 hour bezels? Guilty pleasure, indeed! :D
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Just in - Nethuns Scuba 500 dual time. Lots going for it for me. Vintage lume, domed Sapphire crystal, day/date dial, He escape valve, signed screw down crown, 120 click Pepsi bezel.....

McLovin
MoT Member

Post by McLovin »

On green kick lately. This just in. New Hamilton model. May order an army green tropic for it. Came on the bracelet and threw it on this as all I had in 20mm that semi matched for now.
Attachments
20200408_122557.jpg