As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by whoagorgeous »

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

whoagorgeous wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:17 pm Image
Beautiful. Congratulations.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

McLovin wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:30 am On green kick lately. This just in. New Hamilton model. May order an army green tropic for it. Came on the bracelet and threw it on this as all I had in 20mm that semi matched for now.
Congrats McLovin! That watch will probably look good on anything 8-) .
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

whoagorgeous wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:17 pm Image
I don’t know how to type the sound of me whistling but that’s what I did when the pictures scrolled by! Congratulations!
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

Wearing my new G-Shock GW-B5600-2ER with blue tint to match the lights on the car during my COVID-19 patrols. G-Shock is the only choice when on duty.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Sporkboy »

Here I go and find a Swatch .beat Aluminum and Watchpalooza had sent me his that arrived today. It is a very cool piece that came out while I was in college learning computer skills that have served me well. OK, and staying up way too late on internet chat rooms.

The bracelet is maybe half a link to large, so I am going to have to figure a way on shortening it without destroying it since it is strung together with an elastic plastic of some sort. I am thinking that 3D printing something in a stretchy material (TPU) may be the best choice here, but I haven’t figured that material out yet. I guess this is a good incentive. Plans C and D are also in the works.

Thank you so much Watchpalooza. It will always remind me of the first forum challenge and all the fun we had. It will also act as a reminder of what can be found with the right knowledge and a little patience.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sporkboy wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:10 pm Image
Here I go and find a Swatch .beat Aluminum and Watchpalooza had sent me his that arrived today. It is a very cool piece that came out while I was in college learning computer skills that have served me well. OK, and staying up way too late on internet chat rooms.

The bracelet is maybe half a link to large, so I am going to have to figure a way on shortening it without destroying it since it is strung together with an elastic plastic of some sort. I am thinking that 3D printing something in a stretchy material (TPU) may be the best choice here, but I haven’t figured that material out yet. I guess this is a good incentive. Plans C and D are also in the works.

Thank you so much Watchpalooza. It will always remind me of the first forum challenge and all the fun we had. It will also act as a reminder of what can be found with the right knowledge and a little patience.
SO glad she made the journey...was getting a bit nervous (sent it the first time on March 14th). You were so intrigued with this watch when we exchanged photos for the challenge...it just seemed natural to give her to you. Wear her in good health and tech-history fun. Probably not one of many in such good condition with original manual and box. The battery is fresh.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

whoagorgeous wrote:Image
That blue is beautiful!!

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33

Insta me: bbrou33
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

My birthday watch came in.

This crappy picture doesn't do it justice. It's much nicer than I was expecting. The silver hands-on white face is a little tough to read, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

The packaging is probably the highest quality I've had thus far. There was as much protective plastic on it as on the watch itself. :lol:

I think this will look great on the black sharkskin strap I ordered from [mention]trinhlemai[/mention].
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I now have this pair. If my wrists were a little bigger, I could double wrist these and be king of the internet!
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Well, for a cool C Note, it's just OK.

It's a good size for me and I like the bicompax layout.

The center seconds hand was misaligned so I had to walk it all the way around.

The stiff, meh strap will soon be replaced with a rally strap or something suitable.

It's as light as a feather, which is something I am not used to.

OK, this one for the time being:

Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

whoagorgeous wrote:Image
Not sure how I missed this one go by, but that is a handsome looking watch. Love the mission timer.
yellowbear
MoT Member

Post by yellowbear »

Just received my Bulova Banker from the Bloomingdale's sale that [mention]Rabirnie[/mention] posted about (Thank you, sir!)

She sure is pretty...

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Wow..... That is really, really nice.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Yeah, I kinda want one.