As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by PetWatch »

Should have got this one long ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

PetWatch wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:19 pm Should have got this one long ago.

Super cool-looking watch and an awesome value too. Enjoy!
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

This watch is the youngest in its watch box, acquired through a trade. I swapped its OEM bracelet for a fabric strap.

Just my $0.02 USD as always.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

A gaggle of new additions to the collection. First up is a 7002 diver mod with hilariously bad alignment. It seems a lot of these yellow chapter rings are way off. I've decided I'm not gonna let it bother me right now. Mind over matter. I absolutely love the color and my happiness with this watch went from a 9 to a 10 with the addition of this NATO.

Next is a Seiko Sportsmatic 820. I love the look of this thing and the price was right but the seconds hand occasionally gets caught on the minute hand. I can fix that but I'm disappointed that it needs to be opened up, which always makes me a little nervous. Gonna contact the seller about maybe getting a few dollars back.

A brand new gray dial Timex Expedition for $9 on Amazon. I didn't need this but I have faulty wiring so I bought it anyway. Plus, Indiglo is one of the dopest features in all of horology.

Last is the fabled MoT "Close to Greatness" Golden Nugget Grail watch. Just one in existence. Forged in the fires of Hades and bestowed upon those incapable of greatness or any reasonable level of aptitude. Gives its owner immense and mysterious powers including halitosis, hirsutism and gout. Big up to [mention]Sporkboy[/mention] and [mention]PetWatch[/mention] for making this one happen. It doesn't fit as it should unless I just hook the end of the clasp around the bar as shown below. Which is perfect lol. As MoT mentioned, this watch is well suited for a night out at the Regal Beagle, but also Scrabble, dining at the Golden Corral, and bus trips to Atlantic City.

Last edited by yinzburgher on Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Nuggs is so ugly I love it. :lol:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

yinzburgher wrote:A gaggle of new additions to the collection. First up is a 7002 diver mod with hilariously bad alignment. It seems a lot of these yellow chapter rings are way off. I've decided I'm not gonna let it bother me right now. Mind over matter. I absolutely love the color and my happiness with this watch went from a 9 to a 10 with the addition of this NATO.

Next is a Seiko Sportsmatic 820. I love the look of this thing and the price was right but the seconds hand occasionally gets caught on the minute hand. I can fix that but I'm disappointed that it needs to be opened up, which always makes me a little nervous. Gonna contact the seller about maybe getting a few dollars back.

A brand new gray dial Timex Expedition for $9 on Amazon. I didn't need this but I have faulty wiring so I bought it anyway. Plus, Indiglo is one of the dopest features in all of horology.

Last is the fabled MoT "Close to Greatness" Golden Nugget Grail watch. Just one in existence. Forged in the fires of Hades and bestowed upon those incapable of greatness or any reasonable level of aptitude. Gives its owner immense and mysterious powers including halitosis, hirsutism and gout. Big up to [mention]Sporkboy[/mention] and [mention]PetWatch[/mention] for making this one happen. It doesn't fit as it should unless I just hook the end of the clasp around the bar as shown below. Which is perfect lol. As MoT mentioned, this watch is well suited for a night out at the Regal Begal, but also Scrabble, dining at the Golden Corral, and bus trips to Atlantic City.

That's some mighty fine pieces you got there, specially that yellow nugget, perfect fit too. Be thankful Sporkboy had the the final say on it, I'll leave it at that.

You like yellow, then you'll dig the gold nugget. Enjoy! I guess. What choice do you have now.

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Love it. It is so appropriately “close to greatness”.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
BTerry2233
MoT Member

Post by BTerry2233 »

Longines conquest multifunction arrived yesterday,
Feels a little small compared to my usual & the lcd screen is damaged but its a lot of watch for $50
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

BTerry2233 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:10 pm Longines conquest multifunction arrived yesterday,
Feels a little small compared to my usual & the lcd screen is damaged but its a lot of watch for $50
Never seen one of these before or any Longines with a digital component for that matter. Condition looks incredible.... enjoy!
59yukon01
MoT Member

Post by 59yukon01 »

From the recent River Edge Jewelers sale, which looks to still be going on.

It's toolish and I love it.ImageImage
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

yinzburgher wrote:A gaggle of new additions to the collection. First up is a 7002 diver mod with hilariously bad alignment. It seems a lot of these yellow chapter rings are way off. I've decided I'm not gonna let it bother me right now. Mind over matter. I absolutely love the color and my happiness with this watch went from a 9 to a 10 with the addition of this NATO.

Last is the fabled MoT "Close to Greatness" Golden Nugget Grail watch. Just one in existence. Forged in the fires of Hades and bestowed upon those incapable of greatness or any reasonable level of aptitude. Gives its owner immense and mysterious powers including halitosis, hirsutism and gout. Big up to [mention]Sporkboy[/mention] and [mention]PetWatch[/mention] for making this one happen. It doesn't fit as it should unless I just hook the end of the clasp around the bar as shown below. Which is perfect lol. As MoT mentioned, this watch is well suited for a night out at the Regal Beagle, but also Scrabble, dining at the Golden Corral, and bus trips to Atlantic City.

I am glad that it made it, but sorry that it only fits in ‘extension mode’. Was this with extra links installed? I sent the 2 extra links right? I guess I miscalculated the length at any rate.

To be honest, I don’t know what ideas PetWatch is referencing that you are lucky we didn’t go with. Perhaps they were bad enough that I purged them from my memory, but I doubt it. It turned out to be a better design than either of us could have done on our own.

Enjoy it.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Sporkboy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:04 pm

Last is the fabled MoT "Close to Greatness" Golden Nugget Grail watch. Just one in existence. Forged in the fires of Hades and bestowed upon those incapable of greatness or any reasonable level of aptitude. Gives its owner immense and mysterious powers including halitosis, hirsutism and gout. Big up to @Sporkboy and @PetWatch for making this one happen. It doesn't fit as it should unless I just hook the end of the clasp around the bar as shown below. Which is perfect lol. As MoT mentioned, this watch is well suited for a night out at the Regal Beagle, but also Scrabble, dining at the Golden Corral, and bus trips to Atlantic City.

I am glad that it made it, but sorry that it only fits in ‘extension mode’. Was this with extra links installed? I sent the 2 extra links right? I guess I miscalculated the length at any rate.

To be honest, I don’t know what ideas PetWatch is referencing that you are lucky we didn’t go with. Perhaps they were bad enough that I purged them from my memory, but I doubt it. It turned out to be a better design than either of us could have done on our own.

Enjoy it.
Just one extra link in the baggie. Two would probably be enough to make it fit so if you see one laying around let me know. But otherwise don't worry about it. It's already made me laugh on a few occasions. Thanks dude!
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

yinzburgher wrote:
Sporkboy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:04 pm

Last is the fabled MoT "Close to Greatness" Golden Nugget Grail watch. Just one in existence. Forged in the fires of Hades and bestowed upon those incapable of greatness or any reasonable level of aptitude. Gives its owner immense and mysterious powers including halitosis, hirsutism and gout. Big up to @Sporkboy and @PetWatch for making this one happen. It doesn't fit as it should unless I just hook the end of the clasp around the bar as shown below. Which is perfect lol. As MoT mentioned, this watch is well suited for a night out at the Regal Beagle, but also Scrabble, dining at the Golden Corral, and bus trips to Atlantic City.

Enjoy it.
Just one extra link in the baggie. Two would probably be enough to make it fit so if you see one laying around let me know. But otherwise don't worry about it. It's already made me laugh on a few occasions. Thanks dude!
OK, now I remember. There were 2 extra links and I then I added one, the other one is the extra that you have. Sadly that is the last one I’ve got. Sorry for the confusion. I am glad that the absurdity of it has made you laugh, it brought me quite a few smiles while designing it and putting it together.
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

Fresh from the mailbox. Purchased from a user on WUS. Needs a strap change. Looks like they took really good care of the watch. Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Hi.