As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
gormless
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by gormless »

Missed the Kickstarter but managed to snag one from a seller locally without too much of a mark up. Pretty happy with it so far!ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Loving the dial in this one! Bezel insert is slightly misaligned but that's an easy fix.

ImageImageImageImage

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33

Insta me: bbrou33
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Just got my new running/swimming watch. Garmin 245. I'll only wear it for work outs. It doesn't have the soul of a mechanical, but it get the job done.

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Stretch44 wrote:Just got my new running/swimming watch. Garmin 245. I'll only wear it for work outs. It doesn't have the soul of a mechanical, but it get the job done.

Cool watch! It's got a soul as good as any watch. If it only had a battery life!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

PetWatch wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:46 pm
Stretch44 wrote:Just got my new running/swimming watch. Garmin 245. I'll only wear it for work outs. It doesn't have the soul of a mechanical, but it get the job done.

Cool watch! It's got a soul as good as any watch. If it only had a battery life!

Haha, I was mostly joking. Do you have one? If so, how do you like? I'm coming from a 235. Only reason I got this one was for pool swimming to reduce my running work load.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Stretch44 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:56 pm

Haha, I was mostly joking. Do you have one? If so, how do you like? I'm coming from a 235. Only reason I got this one was for pool swimming to reduce my running work load.
It just has a different soul. :) I stopped running because my knees couldn't take it anymore but lap swimming has been a great way to exercise. The Garmin 245 has 5 ATM. Would that be okay for swimming though?
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

pdsf wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:05 pm
It just has a different soul. :) I stopped running because my knees couldn't take it anymore but lap swimming has been a great way to exercise. The Garmin 245 has 5 ATM. Would that be okay for swimming though?
That's a bummer about your knees. I've been lucky and haven't had any major injuries. Not sure what I'd do if I couldn't run anymore. That's one reason why I want to start swimming more. It better be okay for swimming! They specifically market the 245 for pool swimming; not open water though.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Stretch44 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:09 pm
pdsf wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:05 pm
That's a bummer about your knees. I've been lucky and haven't had any major injuries. Not sure what I'd do if I couldn't run anymore. That's one reason why I want to start swimming more. It better be okay for swimming! They specifically market the 245 for pool swimming; not open water though.
Do all you can to keep your legs in good shape! I didn't stretch enough and the shoes I had were past their sell-by date. As the frequency of pain increased, I began to accept that I could grow old with swimming but not running. If you can, find a group to swim with! Swimming with the master's made a huge difference for me.

Anyway, enough aboot me. I wonder what the difference is between pool/lap swimming and open water, in terms of water pressure on the watch. I assume there may be more pressure on the watch related to the current, but surely it's not that significant?! Double check on 5ATM as I always assume minimum ATM for swimming (not playing around in shallow water) is 10.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Stretch44 wrote:

I was joking too. Don't have one, I'm waiting for longer battery life on those watches.

From experience 5 atm is more than plenty for swimming, just don't press buttons when wet, definitely underwater. I've dove with cheap watches without any issues to rec. depths. Your watch, you take on the risk.

By cheap I mean $20-40.

Last edited by PetWatch on Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Did a long distance trade in at an AD and received this via FedEx today.
The Junghans Meister MEGA.
Now my second radio controlled watch, albeit much nicer than my Leap Year Challenge one.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:11 pm Did a long distance trade in at an AD and received this via FedEx today.
The Junghans Meistrer MEGA.
Now my second radio controlled watch, albeit much nicer than my Leap Year Challenge one.

Super awesome! I've been debating on what Max Bill to get.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:11 pm Did a long distance trade in at an AD and received this via FedEx today.

Great pickup! Of course you know the Mega One was the first radio-controlled watch, but was ugly as hell. This one is beautiful AND functional.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

watchpalooza wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:20 pm

Great pickup! Of course you know the Mega One was the first radio-controlled watch, but was ugly as hell. This one is beautiful AND functional.

AND this one has a sapphire crystal!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

[mention]TheJohnP[/mention] nice one! I was just checking this model out on the Junghans website a couple of days ago. Maybe another one to bring to the GTG? Haha