Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by tommy_boy »

Potato_With_Arms wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:11 am
A bit too big for my wrist :lol: Also, the leather strap that comes with it was clearly meant for an MoT sized wrist.

Taking off the film and inspecting it more, the finish really is quite nice.
So, what is the lug width on this one? I couldn't find that spec.

Thanks.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Potato_With_Arms
MoT Member

Post by Potato_With_Arms »

tommy_boy wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:35 pm
Potato_With_Arms wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:11 am
A bit too big for my wrist :lol: Also, the leather strap that comes with it was clearly meant for an MoT sized wrist.

Taking off the film and inspecting it more, the finish really is quite nice.
So, what is the lug width on this one? I couldn't find that spec.

Thanks.
23mm. Width is 42mm, L2L is apparently 45mm
Gorem
MoT Member

Post by Gorem »

2nd last purchase of the year .. (last will be the Alpina GMT)

gormless
MoT Member

Post by gormless »

recapt wrote:My Lorier Hyperion arrived today, just in time to be worn non-stop through the entire 4-day Thanksgiving weekend! [emoji2]

Wow that's gorgeous.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

My kontiki 4 hand arrived yesterday. Now I own the three exact kontiki models I've always wanted. Next step will be buying Eterna and becoming CEO me thinks :shock:

Also worth noting, this 4 hand model feels more like 40.5 or 41mm on wrist versus my other Kontikis which feel 42mm. The lug holes on it also make NATOs fit much better than the other Kontikis.

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Vandaag Schallmauer Black Beast just arrived
https://www.vandaag.de/en/Schallmauer-b ... 1010101102

Looks better on my wrist than in the photos!

When I went to place my order late Sunday night, the BF discount coupon had already expired. So I contacted Vandaag to see if I might still get it since it was technically Sunday here, even though Vandaag is EU. Tim, the owner, wrote me back and gave me a temporary code. And his correspondence was great. It was not only professional, but friendly, the type of person who is great to do business with.
Landed_Alien
MoT Member

Post by Landed_Alien »

PXL_20201203_050537087_r.jpg
Last edited by Landed_Alien on Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

My Mr Jones Watch purchase arrived today. Well, one of them. My sister is gifting me the other for Christmas. It's absolutely stunning!!

Very nice box presentation, with an artistic Christmas themed outer sleeve and solid wood inner box:

I sprung for the caseback custom engraving, which is very well done. The artist's theme for the watch is adventure and the journey ahead of us, so I felt this was appropriate

The 3-dimensionality of it is hard to capture in pictures, but the different layers of the watch are so cool. The tree and rocks are right up against the crystal, while the moon and stars float above the bottom-most section of the dial representing the sky:

And if wears very well for a 37mm watch!

This is already one of my favorite watches I own. Hands down. Its beautiful. The pics on the MJW website didn't do it justice. My own pics don't do it justice. The jump hour movement is very cool, and the way it tells the minutes past the hour via the arrangement of stars in the sky is ingenious and unique. The art style is so serene and, just looking at the dial gives me a sense of peace after a very long Friday / week overall. The strap is very soft to the touch as well, and even though I didn't get the standard strap (I chose one with a blue stitch to match the sky on the dial), MJW took care to color match the case. But seriously... that dial. Its truly a work of art! So happy with my purchase, and even happier that it was on sale and I finally got to use my £100 gift credit, so even with the engraving I paid about 1/3 of retail. A deal indeed.

Kudos to MJW!

Edit - one more pic against a lighter background since my pictures all seem so dark (I need better lighting)

Last edited by flypanam on Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scruffy believes in this forum
Rainshadow
MoT Member

Post by Rainshadow »

flypanam wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:03 pm My Mr Jones Watch purchase arrived today. Well, one of them. My sister is gifting me the other for Christmas. It's absolutely stunning!!

Very nice box presentation, with an artistic Christmas themed outer sleeve and solid wood inner box:

I sprung for the caseback custom engraving, which is very well done. The artist's theme for the watch is adventure and the journey ahead of us, so I felt this was appropriate

The 3-dimensionality of it is hard to capture in pictures, but the different layers of the watch are so cool. The tree and rocks are right up against the crystal, while the moon and stars float above the bottom-most section of the dial representing the sky:

This is already one of my favorite watches I own. Hands down. Its beautiful. The pics on the MJW website didn't do it justice. My own pics don't do it justice. The jump hour movement is very cool, and the way it tells the minutes past the hour via the arrangement of stars in the sky is ingenious and unique. The art style is so serene and, just looking at the dial gives me a sense of peace after a very long Friday / week overall. The strap is very soft to the touch as well, and even though I didn't get the standard strap (I chose one with a blue stitch to match the sky on the dial), MJW took care to color match the case. But seriously... that dial. Its truly a work of art! So happy with my purchase, and even happier that it was on sale and I finally got to use my £100 gift credit, so even with the engraving I paid about 1/3 of retail. A deal indeed.

Kudos to MJW!
I love this execution of an art dial on a 37mm size watch! MJW watches are wonderfully eccentric. Cant wait to see what MJW you will show of here after Xmas!
“You may be ruled by dogma without realizing it. Do not let it confront the truth of your vision quest.”

- New-Age **** Generator
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

flypanam wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:03 pm My Mr Jones Watch purchase arrived today. Well, one of them. My sister is gifting me the other for Christmas. It's absolutely stunning!!

Kudos to MJW!

Edit - one more pic against a lighter background since my pictures all seem so dark (I need better lighting)

Paging [mention]Sussa[/mention]
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Welcome to the Ascendant club, [mention]flypanam[/mention]! Completely agree that it's difficult to capture how beautiful this watch is in photos. I bought mine used, somewhat on a whim, thinking it might be hard to read and wouldn't stay around long. I've never been happier to be so wrong.
PXL_20201128_195701738.jpg
PXL_20201128_195701738.jpg (129.3 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
If you're interested in trying it on black mesh, let me know. That's the strap mine came with and I won't use it.
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Sussa wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:07 am Welcome to the Ascendant club, @flypanam! Completely agree that it's difficult to capture how beautiful this watch is in photos. I bought mine used, somewhat on a whim, thinking it might be hard to read and wouldn't stay around long. I've never been happier to be so wrong.

PXL_20201128_195701738.jpg

If you're interested in trying it on black mesh, let me know. That's the strap mine came with and I won't use it.
Its such a great watch! Yours looks great on that strap, im going to have to try to dig up an 18mm brown leather strap like that! I'm actually not a huge fan of mesh, sometimes I think it looks fine depending on the watch, but I somehow always end up scratching my casebacks whenever I try a mesh bracelet, and this is one caseback I definitely want to keep scratch-free!
Scruffy believes in this forum
Ironman_KL
MoT Member

Post by Ironman_KL »

Fresh from Ashford to Australia with free expedited shipping and Black Friday sales. Awesome - thanks Ashford!

Glycine GL0295 - colours are something remarkable.
Will post more photos in the next month or so with review.

recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Been curious about these quartz Bulova Surfboard reissues for a while now. Found a great pre-owned deal and had to pull the trigger. It just arrived today. I’m digging it on this expansion bracelet!

djw1674
MoT Member

Post by djw1674 »

Been wanting an Alpina Alpiner for a while. Finally gave up on the automatic and went with the more affordable quartz that I found through the deals thread. Came with the bracelet so I ordered a tan leather strap also found through the deals thread.