We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by yinzburgher »

I stopped by Nordstrom Rack to check for $20 Timex watches. I left with two of them. I already have this Todd Snyder Military but I couldn't resist another. I'll find another home for it at some point. And I also picked up a black dial TS Beekman. I really like the case. I'm pretty certain it's the same as the Marlin Automatics. There were also some green dial Mods that I didn't really care for. Some TS Charlie Browns. A few black dial Mid-Century. I probably would have bought a silver MC if they had it. There weren't any Marlins.

And my Poshmark purchase arrived. Seiko 5 Sports SNZH61. A pretty cool dial on this one.....and a unique case.

BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

yinzburgher wrote:I stopped by Nordstrom Rack to check for $20 Timex watches. I left with two of them. I already have this Todd Snyder Military but I couldn't resist another. I'll find another home for it at some point. And I also picked up a black dial TS Beekman. I really like the case. I'm pretty certain it's the same as the Marlin Automatics. There were also some green dial Mods that I didn't really care for. Some TS Charlie Browns. A few black dial Mid-Century. I probably would have bought a silver MC if they had it. There weren't any Marlins.

And my Poshmark purchase arrived. Seiko 5 Sports SNZH61. A pretty cool dial on this one.....and a unique case.

The dial and everything going on with that seiko is awesome

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jfield
MoT Member

Post by jfield »

So this is my second foray into the world of vintage Seiko, the first being a lucky purchase for a great condition 7A38-7190 with original bracelet (the same model depicted here @#TBT https://www.fratellowatches.com/tbt-sei ... ronograph/ - Pictures perhaps for another time.
So I pulled the trigger of this poorly photographed World Timer (6117-6400 with error bezel) with the seller insisted on the watch being untouched and purchased in Vietnam back in 1971 - interesting history but he has no paperwork to back the story up.
So days later I was mortified to receive the watch in a USPS priority bag (not box) with no padding except with the watch wrapped in what looked to be saran wrap (slightly better packaged than my order from CNS). To my dismay, the watch was still running (-30 to 40 s/d) with pristine/square case back grooves - always a good sign the watch hasn't been messed with often.
So fast forward today I managed to put this on the railroad bracelet from Uncle Seiko and a bit of poly watch - the rare brushed (linen) dial was hiding underneath the scratched-up crystal. A keeper for sure!
532523.JPG
546634.JPG
Potato_With_Arms
MoT Member

Post by Potato_With_Arms »

Got a pretty good deal on it 8-)

I think i will put a Camel/Caramel/Light tanned leather strap.
PXL_20210323_000947883.jpg
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

jfield wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:36 am So this is my second foray into the world of vintage Seiko, the first being a lucky purchase for a great condition 7A38-7190 with original bracelet (the same model depicted here @#TBT https://www.fratellowatches.com/tbt-sei ... ronograph/ - Pictures perhaps for another time.
So I pulled the trigger of this poorly photographed World Timer (6117-6400 with error bezel) with the seller insisted on the watch being untouched and purchased in Vietnam back in 1971 - interesting history but he has no paperwork to back the story up.
So days later I was mortified to receive the watch in a USPS priority bag (not box) with no padding except with the watch wrapped in what looked to be saran wrap (slightly better packaged than my order from CNS). To my dismay, the watch was still running (-30 to 40 s/d) with pristine/square case back grooves - always a good sign the watch hasn't been messed with often.
So fast forward today I managed to put this on the railroad bracelet from Uncle Seiko and a bit of poly watch - the rare brushed (linen) dial was hiding underneath the scratched-up crystal. A keeper for sure!
532523.JPG
546634.JPG
I enjoy a story with a happy ending.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
balcorn80
MoT Member

Post by balcorn80 »

watchpalooza wrote:
I feel bad for vintage watches that make their way through India. But good that you rescued this one.[/quote]I feel the same way.

Of course, there are likely those who feel bad for vintage watches that go through my hands...
KIMG0498.jpg
I got this Eterna off eBay. It had a badly cracked crystal(well hidden in pics and not described in listing) that I replaced. The date wheel also do not want to line up most of the time. Turns out movements for curved dials have a hard time letting the dial sot flat and not drag the date wheel. Only having one screw to hold the dial feet in place didn't help either.

So I turned down my Jester dial using a dremel tool.

At this point I also discovered that an ETA 2836 could replace the Eterna movement if I turned down the dial holder ring.

So now it's running a Titus-branded ETA movement.
KIMG0522.jpg
Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

This just arrived, so of course I had to drop everything and size the bracelet immediately. Happy to say it wears really well on my small wrist thanks to a 45mm lug-to-lug. I think it’s a keeper!

balcorn80
MoT Member

Post by balcorn80 »

recapt wrote:This just arrived, so of course I had to drop everything and size the bracelet immediately. Happy to say it wears really well on my small wrist thanks to a 45mm lug-to-lug. I think it’s a keeper!

That is fabulous. I love the touches of colour thought the piece, between the hands, dial, bezel...

balcorn80
MoT Member

Post by balcorn80 »

This guy just arrived. I know nothing of the brand. But it's running an old ETA 2452.

I had to have the dial. It's... Pretty amazing. Will likely find cooler hands. But I'll gladly wear it as-is for now.

It's nice skindiver-style case. Wears well on my 8 inch wrist at 37mm.
KIMG0542.jpg
KIMG0545.jpg
KIMG0543.jpg

recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

balcorn80 wrote:This guy just arrived. I know nothing of the brand. But it's running an old ETA 2452.

I had to have the dial. It's... Pretty amazing. Will likely find cooler hands. But I'll gladly wear it as-is for now.

KIMG0542.jpg
KIMG0545.jpg
KIMG0543.jpg
Super cool vintage piece. Love that dial, case and bezel especially. And is that a roulette date wheel?
balcorn80
MoT Member

Post by balcorn80 »

recapt wrote:
balcorn80 wrote:This guy just arrived. I know nothing of the brand. But it's running an old ETA 2452.

KIMG0542.jpg
KIMG0545.jpg
KIMG0543.jpg
Super cool vintage piece. Love that dial, case and bezel especially. And is that a roulette date wheel?
No... That would have been icing on cake...

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

ManOnTime wrote:Image

[emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

recapt wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:24 pm This just arrived, so of course I had to drop everything and size the bracelet immediately. Happy to say it wears really well on my small wrist thanks to a 45mm lug-to-lug. I think it’s a keeper!

This watch is just all around awesome! A keeper for sure.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:09 pm Image

OhMy.jpg! I wasn't expecting all that. You photography cranks it up to a 10/10...just stunning!