Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by TheJohnP »

pdsf wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:13 pm It’s finally here!!!! anOrdain Model 1. Took a while due to handmade nature and covid-related delays and work restrictions.

The dial is truly amazing irl. It’s my first watch with an enamel dial.

Got black cordovan and grey suede straps with it. Quick-release spring bars.

They have been a pleasure to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful!

Can't wait to see that on the next GTG.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

^[mention]TheJohnP[/mention] thanks!!! For sure. As you may recall, I expressed some doubts about my decision on the dial colour. I think I made the right decision! I am sure the other colours would look wonderful in real life, but this one is quite unique!! I wish I could capture the quality of the dial better.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

cortman wrote:
I love this watch. The strap with it really takes it to another level

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

pdsf wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:13 pm It’s finally here!!!! anOrdain Model 1. Took a while due to handmade nature and covid-related delays and work restrictions.

The dial is truly amazing irl. It’s my first watch with an enamel dial.

Got black cordovan and grey suede straps with it. Quick-release spring bars.

They have been a pleasure to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congratulations! Sounds like it was well worth the wait. I need to put an enamel dial watch on my list.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

My [mention]Sporkboy[/mention] special arrived a couple of day ago. I was excited to play with it only to find out that it needed a new battery. My wife asked, “what is that?” I gave her a little history that she probably didn’t care about “blah blah space watch...ISS expedition 1. Blah blah Sporkboy...eBay...”. She stops and says, “Wait! THAT thing was on the space station?” :? No, that thing was on eBay for $15.50 :lol:

What’s really fun is that the text is worn off by the pushers so it’s sort of like a game to use it. The leather and fabric band was a little grungy so it’s on a nato for now.

Thanks for the heads up Sporkboy!

cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Bbrou33 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:20 pm
cortman wrote:
I love this watch. The strap with it really takes it to another level

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thanks! Speaking of straps, just received the two I ordered for this watch. I'll be putting up pics tomorrow.
In the meantime, here's that beautiful little microrotor movement:

BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

User @kl884347 posted in early April a deal for watches at https://miltimepieces.com/. I picked up one with a Seiko NH35 movement but with hands that needed resetting. It finally arrived today. Minute hand was flopping all over the place, but I managed to set it without completely ruining the watch. Not bad for about $75. I need some 18mm straps now, don't seem to have any around. I'm thinking brown leather. It came with a khaki colored NATO but the buckle feels really cheap. Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Sporkboy »

Split-Time wrote:My [mention]Sporkboy[/mention] special arrived a couple of day ago. I was excited to play with it only to find out that it needed a new battery. My wife asked, “what is that?” I gave her a little history that she probably didn’t care about “blah blah space watch...ISS expedition 1. Blah blah Sporkboy...eBay...”. She stops and says, “Wait! THAT thing was on the space station?” :? No, that thing was on eBay for $15.50 :lol:

What’s really fun is that the text is worn off by the pushers so it’s sort of like a game to use it. The leather and fabric band was a little grungy so it’s on a nato for now.

I am sorry that it arrived in need of a battery. At least you will the. Know it should be good for a while. Just watch out for the piezo spring, which on mine wasn’t affixed to the movement and I nearly lost twice.

It looks like it might clean up well with toothbrush, some soapy water and a handful of toothpicks.

When you do get a battery, I would love to know what features it has as mine lacks a stopwatch and countdown timer. Those are two features that I really like in a digital.

Edit:
OK, I can see it has multi-lap, so chrono is a given here. Still wondering about countdown though. I may need to pick one of these up if I can get the programming sorted.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Sporkboy wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:32 pm
Split-Time wrote:My @Sporkboy special arrived a couple of day ago. I was excited to play with it only to find out that it needed a new battery. My wife asked, “what is that?” I gave her a little history that she probably didn’t care about “blah blah space watch...ISS expedition 1. Blah blah Sporkboy...eBay...”. She stops and says, “Wait! THAT thing was on the space station?” :? No, that thing was on eBay for $15.50 :lol:

I am sorry that it arrived in need of a battery. At least you will the. Know it should be good for a while. Just watch out for the piezo spring, which on mine wasn’t affixed to the movement and I nearly lost twice.

It looks like it might clean up well with toothbrush, some soapy water and a handful of toothpicks.

When you do get a battery, I would love to know what features it has as mine lacks a stopwatch and countdown timer. Those are two features that I really like in a digital.

Edit:
OK, I can see it has multi-lap, so chrono is a given here. Still wondering about countdown though. I may need to pick one of these up if I can get the programming sorted.
Clean up? These are the post cleaning pictures :lol: . I just gave it a really quick once over.

It does have a countdown timer and I used it last night with my son. It has five timers that you can preset. I used five minutes the first time and it dinged. The second time it did not make a sound (can't remember if I used the five or ten minute that time) so I need to play with that.

The chrono got a good workout today. I wear a Garmin Foreruner 235 almost all of the time. It is my running and exercise watch, but is isn't convenient to use as a stopwatch because it wants all of the time to be associated with an activity.

I am enjoying it and plan on picking up an 18mm rubber band.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Split-Time wrote:
Sporkboy wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:32 pm
Split-Time wrote:My @Sporkboy special arrived a couple of day ago. I was excited to play with it only to find out that it needed a new battery. My wife asked, “what is that?” I gave her a little history that she probably didn’t care about “blah blah space watch...ISS expedition 1. Blah blah Sporkboy...eBay...”. She stops and says, “Wait! THAT thing was on the space station?” :? No, that thing was on eBay for $15.50 :lol:

Edit:
Clean up? These are the post cleaning pictures :lol: . I just gave it a really quick once over.

It does have a countdown timer and I used it last night with my son. It has five timers that you can preset. I used five minutes the first time and it dinged. The second time it did not make a sound (can't remember if I used the five or ten minute that time) so I need to play with that.

The chrono got a good workout today. I wear a Garmin Foreruner 235 almost all of the time. It is my running and exercise watch, but is isn't convenient to use as a stopwatch because it wants all of the time to be associated with an activity.

I am enjoying it and plan on picking up an 18mm rubber band.
Oops, my mistake. Sorry about that. Glad that it is working out for you and that it has vital digital watch utility. Not sure about you naming the watch after me though. NASA Approved Timepiece or NAT?
NASA Approved Wrist-mounted Timepiece or NAWT
or
add Communication Pass Alert System for
NAWT C-PAS
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

My order from the recent Electric California sale came in.

This makes three of their watches I own, and every one has impressed me with the construction quality. The bracelets on these two are very nice, and if I'm honest, the bracelet is why I bought the field watch. I plan on using it on other watches.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Finally. First of three pre-orders to arrive since the virus hit.

(Wolbrook and Maen are the others.)
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

^ very nice. I think a few of us are waiting for Wolbrook as well.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

tommy_boy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:02 pm Finally. First of three pre-orders to arrive since the virus hit.

That looks great! Congrats and enjoy!
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

tommy_boy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:02 pm Finally. First of three pre-orders to arrive since the virus hit.

Looks nice! Can we tempt you into writing a review?
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr