We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Bbrou33 »

Simply beautiful MoT! Love stories like yours

CONGRATS on the incredible piece!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Landed_Alien
MoT Member

Post by Landed_Alien »

Congrats, great pickup. It looks fantastic on you. And I love the bracelet too.
ManOnTime wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:48 pm To wrap up this loquacious diarrhea I'll say that I am thrilled to have this watch, and now I will be looking at my other Rado "wants" more closely, namely a Golden Horse and a DiaStar.
I vote you grab the red Golden Horse next so I can live vicariously through you. I've had my eye on that for a while.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Bought a 14k gold Waltham on ebay, but the seller in Oklahoma wasn't able to get it in the mail for quite a while. As an apology he generously included a second watch with the same movement for parts.
PXL_20210302_011715387.jpg
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Landed_Alien wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:31 pm Congrats, great pickup. It looks fantastic on you. And I love the bracelet too.
ManOnTime wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:48 pm To wrap up this loquacious diarrhea I'll say that I am thrilled to have this watch, and now I will be looking at my other Rado "wants" more closely, namely a Golden Horse and a DiaStar.
I vote you grab the red Golden Horse next so I can live vicariously through you. I've had my eye on that for a while.
It would be the red:

Or this one:

As for a DiaStar, probably something like this:

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
balcorn80
MoT Member

Post by balcorn80 »

I just got this guy in Monday. It came on a leather strap, which is of nice quality. But... This watch was begging for a bracelet.
So I ordered up this old Kriesler I saw on the Bay.
KIMG0371.jpg
And it looks cool. The Kriestler is cool in a funky old way.

But when another seller gave me an "exclusive offer" on this Beads of Rice for $37.99, I had to go for it.
KIMG0397.jpg
KIMG0396.jpg
The patina on this dial is what drew me to it. The seller had this one(runs 4 minutes slow currently... which, TBH, so do I by the end of the day...) and a serviced one, but not as cool of dial patina... This is a 35mm KonTiki. I also have a 37mm one.that needs to be serviced(runs fast... Can't win for losing!)
KIMG0391.jpg
17.5mm watch bracelets are hard to find. Good thing I have files.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Edit: not sure how the Kriesler pic ended last. But it did. Oh well.
KIMG0400.jpg
KIMG0402.jpg
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Looks great! BOR works with almost anything.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
balcorn80
MoT Member

Post by balcorn80 »

ManOnTime wrote:Looks great! BOR works with almost anything.
Yes they do.

Traditionally, these KonTikis came new on GF-brand BORs branded for Eterna(Gay freres made a bunch of OEM bracelets. Including old Rado and Nivada). Prices for an all original KonTiki with the GF bracelet are extremely prohibitive for me. So I had decided I was ok without one.

That was until the right deal showed up. ;-)

I may be ordering another, to go on my 37mm KonTiki.

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Believe it or not - USPS delivered ahead of schedule! It's an International Women's Day miracle.
PXL_20210308_220352131.jpg
balcorn80
MoT Member

Post by balcorn80 »

I put this one together tonight. Does that count as a new watch?
KIMG0473.jpg
It came to me, 'refurbished' from an Indian watch shop Mumbai like this.
KIMG0270.jpg
I figured I was buying a case that I wanted and would fill it up later. The movement actually Runs -25 to 30 seconds a day as it arrived, which I can't be too mad at for a 60 year old watch.

I picked up an NOS Nivada Antarctic dial and some NOS hands on eBay and went to town. I quite like it.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

balcorn80 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:29 pm I put this one together tonight. Does that count as a new watch?KIMG0473.jpg

It came to me, 'refurbished' from an Indian watch shop Mumbai like this.KIMG0270.jpg

I figured I was buying a case that I wanted and would fill it up later. The movement actually Runs -25 to 30 seconds a day as it arrived, which I can't be too mad at for a 60 year old watch.

I picked up an NOS Nivada Antarctic dial and some NOS hands on eBay and went to town. I quite like it.

Make sure to enter that when the 2021 watch mod of the year contest opens up!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
balcorn80
MoT Member

Post by balcorn80 »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
WhaleTail wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:08 pm
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:This kontiki arrived a few days ago. It's pretty well used and has many small scratches on the case but I got it for a good price especially considering it's a harder to find color. Undecided if I'm going to try to rebrush the case and polish the bezel. Otherwise it's a really cool watch to add to my collection.

ImageImageImageImage
That must be your second one, I know you bought the white/blue version lately.
Are you collecting all the color combinations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha yes it's actually my 3rd of that version now. Can't seem to stop buying them because I just really like the design. I'm looking to get another of the white ones as a backup because it's my favorite one, as dumb as that may sound. Here are the others I've got now

Nice collection.

I am happy to see we are chasing different eras, so we don't run over each other's toes. ;-)

These are late 50s and early 60s. One is the 35mm version, one is no date 37mm, and the other is date 37mm.
KIMG0479.jpg

balcorn80
MoT Member

Post by balcorn80 »

TheJohnP wrote:
balcorn80 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:29 pm I put this one together tonight. Does that count as a new watch?KIMG0473.jpg

It came to me, 'refurbished' from an Indian watch shop Mumbai like this.KIMG0270.jpg

Make sure to enter that when the 2021 watch mod of the year contest opens up!
I just might have to do that. I've put together a few nice pics lately. But I keep checking this one out. "You're pretty pleased with that one, huh? Says my wife

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Turned out nicely!

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

balcorn80 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:05 pm
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
WhaleTail wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:08 pm
That must be your second one, I know you bought the white/blue version lately.
Are you collecting all the color combinations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha yes it's actually my 3rd of that version now. Can't seem to stop buying them because I just really like the design. I'm looking to get another of the white ones as a backup because it's my favorite one, as dumb as that may sound. Here are the others I've got now

Nice collection.

I am happy to see we are chasing different eras, so we don't run over each other's toes. ;-)

These are late 50s and early 60s. One is the 35mm version, one is no date 37mm, and the other is date 37mm.KIMG0479.jpg

That's awesome, I really like the vintage pieces as well but in general the modern ones are more my style.

Speaking of which, this gray diver arrived yesterday. I think I still like the white diver more but the gray is a really nice muted color.

And a collection pic

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
balcorn80
MoT Member

Post by balcorn80 »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
balcorn80 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:05 pm
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:

Nice collection.

These are late 50s and early 60s. One is the 35mm version, one is no date 37mm, and the other is date 37mm.KIMG0479.jpg

That's awesome, I really like the vintage pieces as well but in general the modern ones are more my style.

Speaking of which, this gray diver arrived yesterday. I think I still like the white diver more but the gray is a really nice muted color.

And a collection pic

Dang!
I wish I could afford a vintage one with that style of dial. They are more rare and expensive.

I really dig the lines and shapes of the old cases. I prefer my watches bezel-free, so it's good that they came like that. ;-)

That grey dial is pretty boss.