We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Slant
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Slant »

Just sized the bracelet for this new one. Couldn't be happier!

Hate to be that guy to say it, but the Maranez is pretty much on par with the Doxa 1200T I had years ago, at a fraction of the cost.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Slant wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:28 pm Just sized the bracelet for this new one. Couldn't be happier!

Hate to be that guy to say it, but the Maranez is pretty much on par with the Doxa 1200T I had years ago, at a fraction of the cost.

That does look really good. That blue is something else!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
bocbass
MoT Member

Post by bocbass »

I know lots of people will hate on the wonky date display, but it doesn't bother me.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

bocbass wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:54 am I know lots of people will hate on the wonky date display, but it doesn't bother me.

I'll never complain about a Ball being shown.

Looks great, I'm guessing it's like a flashlight at night.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

balcorn80 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:29 pm I put this one together tonight. Does that count as a new watch?KIMG0473.jpg

It came to me, 'refurbished' from an Indian watch shop Mumbai like this.KIMG0270.jpg

I figured I was buying a case that I wanted and would fill it up later. The movement actually Runs -25 to 30 seconds a day as it arrived, which I can't be too mad at for a 60 year old watch.

I picked up an NOS Nivada Antarctic dial and some NOS hands on eBay and went to town. I quite like it.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
I feel bad for vintage watches that make their way through India. But good that you rescued this one.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

^[mention]whoagorgeous[/mention] oh you tease :)
cheddar
MoT Member

Show Off Your New Watch

Post by cheddar »

whoagorgeous wrote:Image
Photoshopped — there appear to be watches in the display cases [emoji12]
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

cheddar wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:13 pm
whoagorgeous wrote:Image
Photoshopped — there appear to be watches in the display cases [emoji12]
:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D 8-)
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

whoagorgeous wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:58 pm Image
Well, today has been quite a ride. I woke up pretty late today and went out to lunch with my buddy. Ended up deciding on stopping by a local Rolex AD that gave me a good vibe (as in we held a conversation for longer than 30 seconds) from my last visit, months ago. I have not kept in touch with any ADs.

Surprisingly, it was the same sales rep from last time. I even remembered his name (he definitely didn't remember me, but that was expected).

After a few short conversations exchange, I asked him what's a lesser desirable/easier obtainable model, and he said a Milgauss.
Which lead to him writing down my name on a note card which I can only assume would be a "waitlist" for both the Milgauss and a Sub.

I tugged him a bit more on the Milgauss as to why it was less desirable but never makes it to the display regardless. Eventually, he warmed up to me and as I was leaving, I told him if he had a blue one and brought it out, I'd take it.

He said he had one on hold and appeared to be messaging his "manager" on his phone for approval.

So he ended up bringing it out and I kept my word.

I'm grateful that it is the blue model which is the one I wouldn't mind buying. I'm sure I lucked out today.

It's beautiful and as I mentioned in discord, this is a great piece to get in a relationship with this AD. And hopefully, get the piece I actually want next.

We bonded a little bit more after the purchase. Talking about watches and traveling, both of which I live for. So hopefully, this would leave a good impression on this gentleman and open up the future doors.

Bonus:

Met up with my buddy's friend who recently got this z06. Lightly modded with basic bolt ons and cams, pushing 450? to the wheels. He let me drive it. I've never driven a corvette before and it was a beast! For safety reasons, I couldn't go full blast but enjoyed it enough to get my taste tingling.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

whoagorgeous wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:26 pm
Well, today has been quite a ride. I woke up pretty late today and went out to lunch with my buddy. Ended up deciding on stopping by a local Rolex AD that gave me a good vibe (as in we held a conversation for longer than 30 seconds) from my last visit, months ago. I have not kept in touch with any ADs.

Surprisingly, it was the same sales rep from last time. I even remembered his name (he definitely didn't remember me, but that was expected).

After a few short conversations exchange, I asked him what's a lesser desirable/easier obtainable model, and he said a Milgauss.
Which lead to him writing down my name on a note card which I can only assume would be a "waitlist" for both the Milgauss and a Sub.

I tugged him a bit more on the Milgauss as to why it was less desirable but never makes it to the display regardless. Eventually, he warmed up to me and as I was leaving, I told him if he had a blue one and brought it out, I'd take it.

He said he had one on hold and appeared to be messaging his "manager" on his phone for approval.

I'm grateful that it is the blue model which is the one I wouldn't mind buying. I'm sure I lucked out today.

It's beautiful and as I mentioned in discord, this is a great piece to get in a relationship with this AD. And hopefully, get the piece I actually want next.

We bonded a little bit more after the purchase. Talking about watches and traveling, both of which I live for. So hopefully, this would leave a good impression on this gentleman and open up the future doors.

Bonus:

Met up with my buddy's friend who recently got this z06. Lightly modded with basic bolt ons and cams, pushing 450? to the wheels. He let me drive it. I've never driven a corvette before and it was a beast! For safety reasons, I couldn't go full blast but enjoyed it enough to get my taste tingling.

That Milgauss looks great, and honest would be the one I'd go for as well.

I'm happy for you, and excited you now have an "in" at an AD. 😁

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

whoagorgeous wrote:

Bonus:

Those are the best kinds of days, I know it's not the daytona you are hoping for, but I think you'll really enjoy that milgauss too [emoji6] I know I would, it is such a fun design
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

[mention]whoagorgeous[/mention], gorgeous indeed! I have grown to appreciate the Milgauss - it's Rolex with a fun sense of humor. :)
Last edited by pdsf on Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

whoagorgeous wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:26 pm Image
Looks good! The Milgauss is my favorite Rolex. Love the tiny detail of the pivot point of the second hand not being painted orange.
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

That’s a good lookin’ watch! [emoji106]