We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Split-Time »

larand wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:43 pm Christmas gift from my wife. Just looking at this perfect lemon yellow dial cheers me up. I'm going to have a hard time getting this off my wrist—Bernhardt's bracelets deserve their brilliant reputation. So comfortable.Image

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Cool watch! Glad you are back!
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Split-Time wrote: Cool watch! Glad you are back!
Thanks! 2020 has been challenging on many levels, but I hope to be around more in the new year.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Ironman_KL
MoT Member

Post by Ironman_KL »

NapoleonDynamite wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:01 am
Ironman_KL wrote:Fresh from Ashford to Australia with free expedited shipping and Black Friday sales. Awesome - thanks Ashford!

Glycine GL0295 - colours are something remarkable.
Will post more photos in the next month or so with review.

How did you score free expedited shipping to Australia mate?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
It was all part of their Black Friday sales. A very small 24hr window. I had never seen this discount or the free shipping offered before. Thankfully I was watching and had been for some time and snapped it up.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I ordered this on the 22nd, the post office delivered it this afternoon.
By comparison, [mention]peskydonut[/mention] shipped me a Praesidus on the 14th, it's still somewhere in the USPS system.

Pros: Love the color of the dial. And not a gold fan normally, but it really works with the design and catches the light great.
For $88, I can also probably live with the issues below.

Cons: For the life of me, I can't get the hour minute hand to stay on a marker when I set the time. The hour minute hand either moves ahead or behind the marker every time I push in the crown. Is this a normal Timex issue? Because it's annoying AF.
Also the bracelet is way too long. To size it properly the clasp is at the bend of my wrist. Also not great.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

TheJohnP wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:58 pm I ordered this on the 22nd, the post office delivered it this afternoon.
By comparison, @peskydonut shipped me a Praesidus on the 14th, it's still somewhere in the USPS system.

Pros: Love the color of the dial. And not a gold fan normally, but it really works with the design and catches the light great.
For $88, I can also probably live with the issues below.

Cons: For the life of me, I can't get the hour hand to stay on a marker when I set the time. The hour hand either moves ahead or behind the marker every time I push in the crown. Is this a normal Timex issue? Because it's annoying AF.
Also the bracelet is way too long. To size it properly the clasp is at the bend of my wrist. Also not great.

Very handsome looking Timex.

As for the Praesidus, we really should have known better-
The lost watch of D-Day
...it's practically trying to warn you!
Living a comeback montage.
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

TheJohnP wrote: Cons: For the life of me, I can't get the hour hand to stay on a marker when I set the time. The hour hand either moves ahead or behind the marker every time I push in the crown. Is this a normal Timex issue? Because it's annoying AF.
I’ve owned multiple Q reissues and have had this problem with all of them. So frustrating. I would try and push the crown in ‘gently’ which sometimes worked, sometimes not. [emoji2369]
PnT
MoT Member

Post by PnT »

I will skip out on reviewing the Griffy. IMO [mention]cortman[/mention] excellent review covered everything about this watch.

A few quick pictures of the Griffy.

cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

recapt wrote:
TheJohnP wrote: Cons: For the life of me, I can't get the hour hand to stay on a marker when I set the time. The hour hand either moves ahead or behind the marker every time I push in the crown. Is this a normal Timex issue? Because it's annoying AF.
I’ve owned multiple Q reissues and have had this problem with all of them. So frustrating. I would try and push the crown in ‘gently’ which sometimes worked, sometimes not. [emoji2369]
The hour hand does this? That’s weird. I assume the mechanism works it out so that it resumes alignment under operation (and hits the hour markers appropriately)?
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

cheddar wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:36 pm
recapt wrote:
The hour hand does this? That’s weird. I assume the mechanism works it out so that it resumes alignment under operation (and hits the hour markers appropriately)?

Meant the minute hand.
I corrected the error, thanks for pointing that out!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

TheJohnP wrote:
recapt wrote:

Meant the minute hand.
Yes, the minute hands for me as well.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

TheJohnP wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:25 pm
recapt wrote:

Meant the minute hand.
I have a few watches with this “feature”...drives me crazy. Unfortunate that Timex didn’t do a better job here...really no excuse.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
audio.bill
MoT Member

Post by audio.bill »

recapt wrote:

Meant the minute hand.
If you haven't tried the setback method... go about 5 minutes past desired time and then slowly set back to the desired time before pushing in the crown. That can help remove some slack in the mechanism and often eliminates the problem. Hope it helps!
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

watchpalooza wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:45 am

Meant the minute hand.
I have a few watches with this “feature”...drives me crazy. Unfortunate that Timex didn’t do a better job here...really no excuse.
At least the Hattori PC33 will not keep you awake at night. :lol:
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

Ah, ok. The hour hand would have been super interesting. [emoji2]

I feel like a movement mechanism that keeps the minute hand where you place it when pushing the crown back in would be a nice development for us particularly OCD types... [emoji6]
Gorem
MoT Member

Post by Gorem »

Arrived on the last day of the year