We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
cel4145
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by cel4145 »

Split-Time wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:09 pm The Milus Snow Star from the Jomashop deal arrived yesterday. I did not have a chance to open it until the family was in bed. At that point it was close to by bedtime as well. Needless to say, the anticipation was real. There is something about the design of this watch that I have been drawn to since I first saw it. More on that at the end (that is called "foreshadowing" :lol: ).

I typically do not take unboxing pictures, but since we have a little fun with it sometimes, I took a few. I'll spare you most of them other than to say that there is nice outer and inner box. @cel4145 had already confirmed that we would be receiving the LE with the nice case.

So far, so good...

Imagine my dismay when I found this inside! :oops:

That is untouched...just as I found it. The rectangle at the bottom is the plaque missing from the left. The back of it is very sticky and lot of the items were stuck very well to it.

The watch looked fine to the naked eye, and I have pretty good eyes. There are a couple of extremely small light scratches that I could see. This morning I looked with a loupe and there isn't anything there that I wouldn't do within a few outings.

I love the polish of the case. Admittedly I did not capture that in these evening photos.

The hands ;)

@cel4145, the rotor in mine seems a bit noisy as well. I probably would not have noticed it had you not mentioned it which led me to give it shake. It looks like I am going to roll the dice and keep this one. So far is is keeping good time, but I am less than 24 hours in.

Shipping woes aside, I am very happy with this watch. It seems to share some design elements with what we think must be my father's watch that my wife found having been untouched for at least 35 years. Am I the only one who notices a resemblance?

Got the new one in. The metal plate had also moved and stuck itself to the watch. Could not find any scratches with the naked eye, so dodged that bullet.

And the rotor does not sound janky like the last one. So all good :)
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

cel4145 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:04 pm
Split-Time wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:09 pm The Milus Snow Star from the Jomashop deal arrived yesterday. I did not have a chance to open it until the family was in bed. At that point it was close to by bedtime as well. Needless to say, the anticipation was real. There is something about the design of this watch that I have been drawn to since I first saw it. More on that at the end (that is called "foreshadowing" :lol: ).

I typically do not take unboxing pictures, but since we have a little fun with it sometimes, I took a few. I'll spare you most of them other than to say that there is nice outer and inner box. @cel4145 had already confirmed that we would be receiving the LE with the nice case.

So far, so good...

Imagine my dismay when I found this inside! :oops:

That is untouched...just as I found it. The rectangle at the bottom is the plaque missing from the left. The back of it is very sticky and lot of the items were stuck very well to it.

The watch looked fine to the naked eye, and I have pretty good eyes. There are a couple of extremely small light scratches that I could see. This morning I looked with a loupe and there isn't anything there that I wouldn't do within a few outings.

I love the polish of the case. Admittedly I did not capture that in these evening photos.

The hands ;)

@cel4145, the rotor in mine seems a bit noisy as well. I probably would not have noticed it had you not mentioned it which led me to give it shake. It looks like I am going to roll the dice and keep this one. So far is is keeping good time, but I am less than 24 hours in.

Shipping woes aside, I am very happy with this watch. It seems to share some design elements with what we think must be my father's watch that my wife found having been untouched for at least 35 years. Am I the only one who notices a resemblance?

Got the new one in. The metal plate had also moved and stuck itself to the watch. Could not find any scratches with the naked eye, so dodged that bullet.

And the rotor does not sound janky like the last one. So all good :)
That is a very good turn around. Glad to hear that your new watch does not have the rotor sound. I may take mine to a jeweler that I know and see what their watch person thinks.
Gorem
MoT Member

Post by Gorem »

My Alpina watch have finally arrived from the forwarders. Put on a blue strap while searching for a wire mesh strap
This is really a good deal ..

beefyt
MoT Member

Post by beefyt »

First new watch day in over 2 years, had both arrive on the same day! Unfortunately it's a workday and the Tourneau doesn't have normal springbars to explore straps. Damn screws.
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

My Tourneau arrived today. I'm impressed.

Good size for me. The padded strap is very nice and not overly long, as with some fleigers.

Lots of little screws hold this together:

Nicely decorated movement:

I went outside to get enough light for the wrist shot. This guy was observing:

Just my $0.02 USD as always.
bocbass
MoT Member

Post by bocbass »

So I did a thing. Went to a local AD to have the bracelet put on my Airboss, and they had this in the case. I've known one of the sales guys there for years. I jokingly said if they payed for my sales tax I would buy it. Low and behold....

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

bocbass wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:56 am So I did a thing. Went to a local AD to have the bracelet put on my Airboss, and they had this in the case. I've known one of the sales guys there for years. I jokingly said if they payed for my sales tax I would buy it. Low and behold....

That's a beauty! Congratulations and enjoy! I am sure we will be seeing the GMT around the forum 8-).
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

My latest acquisition and my first ever Zodiac...

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Humbled.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
joelf15
MoT Member

Post by joelf15 »

ManOnTime wrote:Humbled.

Congrats !! I’m always in admiration of their watches ! Always wanted to pull the trigger , but I’m always afraid of their after sales issues !! I might man up and buy one soon !!

Looks great though ! I’m eyeing the navygraph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joelf15
MoT Member

Post by joelf15 »

Split-Time wrote:
bocbass wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:56 am So I did a thing. Went to a local AD to have the bracelet put on my Airboss, and they had this in the case. I've known one of the sales guys there for years. I jokingly said if they payed for my sales tax I would buy it. Low and behold....

That's a beauty! Congratulations and enjoy! I am sure we will be seeing the GMT around the forum 8-).
That’s awesome ! Congrats ! One of my contenders for a GMT! So conflicted as I have the BB58 and they’re close !! But a superior looking GMt for sure !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Christmas gift from my sister. Absolutely amazing watch. Engraving is a quote from my favorite author 😁

Scruffy believes in this forum
bocbass
MoT Member

Post by bocbass »

Had been waffling back and forth on the Deep Blue 40mm divers, and for Christmas the wife made the choice for me. Very cool and seemingly well built watch, but it is a thicc boi. Cuffs are definitely a no go with one of these!

vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Christmas gift from my wife. Just looking at this perfect lemon yellow dial cheers me up. I'm going to have a hard time getting this off my wrist—Bernhardt's bracelets deserve their brilliant reputation. So comfortable.Image

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

NapoleonDynamite
MoT Member

Post by NapoleonDynamite »

Ironman_KL wrote:Fresh from Ashford to Australia with free expedited shipping and Black Friday sales. Awesome - thanks Ashford!

Glycine GL0295 - colours are something remarkable.
Will post more photos in the next month or so with review.

How did you score free expedited shipping to Australia mate?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk