We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by MoT »

Kirk B wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:37 pm Image

Extremely envious. That's a great looking watch.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Picked this up for $1595 thanks to this forum, and oh boy, is this a cool watch.

It came in all of the correct packaging in flawless condition. It’s very light, remarkably small for a chronograph. Crown is buttery smooth and the pusher action is really nice. It’s definitely a big step up from a 7750 chronograph.

It ain’t cheap, but if you can swing it, I recommend this watch when the deal comes back around.

@robotazky
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Robotaz wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:49 am Picked this up for $1595 thanks to this forum, and oh boy, is this a cool watch.

It came in all of the correct packaging in flawless condition. It’s very light, remarkably small for a chronograph. Crown is buttery smooth and the pusher action is really nice. It’s definitely a big step up from a 7750 chronograph.

It ain’t cheap, but if you can swing it, I recommend this watch when the deal comes back around.

@robotazky
That's a sweet deal on a great watch! I don't see anything I would change about it. I like how the movement combines the chronograph minutes and hours onto one register. This is more than I typically pay for a watch but I might consider it if goes that low again.
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

I promised to post a picture when I got it. It is truly a stunning watch. The blue of the hands and indices, though, is not an 'in your face' blue at all. So if you want obvious blue, this may not be the one for you. I imagine it is much like the blue hands/indices on the white dial Kontiki three-hand Date. In artificial light, the blue is very clear but looks more black in bright sunlight. That is almost counter-intuitive I know! I love the watch though and will always remember it as my first deal from MOT's great new site! Oh I bragged over there in the WRUW thread that I found it because of this place!

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

M111 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:53 pm Oh I bragged over there in the WRUW thread that I found it because of this place!

------

Get ready to be sent to the gulag.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

M111 wrote:I promised to post a picture when I got it. It is truly a stunning watch. The blue of the hands and indices, though, is not an 'in your face' blue at all. So if you want obvious blue, this may not be the one for you. I imagine it is much like the blue hands/indices on the white dial Kontiki three-hand Date. In artificial light, the blue is very clear but looks more black in bright sunlight. That is almost counter-intuitive I know! I love the watch though and will always remember it as my first deal from MOT's great new site! Oh I bragged over there in the WRUW thread that I found it because of this place!

Looks awesome!! Can't wait to get mine in a couple weeks. I'm thinking of putting a blue stingray strap on mine or something.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

M111 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:53 pm Oh I bragged over there in the WRUW thread that I found it because of this place!
Have you been banned yet? 😤
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

FTE wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:55 pm
Have you been banned yet? 😤
Nope. I didn't actually say the name of this place though.
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

This Combat Sub from Evine that we discussed on the main thread arrived yesterday. I took a chance from the wrong photo to wondering if I would actually like a gold tone watch. WOW, am I glad I did! I had the 30% off coupon, so with shipping, tax, and everything, it was right at an even $300. I know the Costco ones were less and not gold tone, but I'm not a member there, and Evine let me put it on value pay and pay $44 a month with no interest. Since I just bought a new car, this is probably my last watch for awhile and the monthly payment is easy-peasy. As for the gold watch.... Is it actually possible that this is my new favorite affordable I own? The execution on this Combat sub, from the brushed and polished surfaces to the text on the dials is impeccable. I could easily confuse this for new brass or even genuine solid gold. The back is not coated, so I believe the watch will hold up well. If it does, it may change my mind on gold PVD forever. The incredible Italian leather strap just completes the look without a gaudy gold tone bracelet. Glycine has a real winner here!!!

ibus
MoT Member

Post by ibus »

M111 wrote:This Combat Sub from Evine that we discussed on the main thread arrived yesterday. I took a chance from the wrong photo to wondering if I would actually like a gold tone watch. WOW, am I glad I did! I had the 30% off coupon, so with shipping, tax, and everything, it was right at an even $300. I know the Costco ones were less and not gold tone, but I'm not a member there, and Evine let me put it on value pay and pay $44 a month with no interest. Since I just bought a new car, this is probably my last watch for awhile and the monthly payment is easy-peasy. As for the gold watch.... Is it actually possible that this is my new favorite affordable I own? The execution on this Combat sub, from the brushed and polished surfaces to the text on the dials is impeccable. I could easily confuse this for new brass or even genuine solid gold. The back is not coated, so I believe the watch will hold up well. If it does, it may change my mind on gold PVD forever. The incredible Italian leather strap just completes the look without a gaudy gold tone bracelet. Glycine has a real winner here!!!

That's a beauty!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

ibus
MoT Member

Post by ibus »

My new watch. From Ali Express San Martin Store.
Delivery was very quick.
The watch came on a nice bracelet and also with a free red/white/blue nato.
The bracelet is a little fiddly ro resize (comes with a basic pin pusher device) and you need to buy curved spring bars to wear the nato.
That said, the watch is of a very high build quality. Inside is a NH35.

Here it is with a black/grey/blue 'bondish' nato in keeping with its Omega knockoff pedigree and with a desert hued Erika's MN, that matches the lume in the dial and bezel.
ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Out of the mailer and onto a handy 22mm nato, my G-Shock DW-9600WC "WCCS".

I am finding myself attracted to used watches. For example, I actually dig how the bezel on this guy has evolved from a baby blue (guessing by the strap adapters) to a mossy green. It's like a patina or wabi-sabi or something. The strap it came with was a heavily worn surfing-themed nylon RAF nato. I like to think of all the fun previous owners have had while wearing this thing. OTOH, the crystal is perfect and the bezel shows just a couple scrapes -- and I'm glad for that. I look forward to opening the case, changing its old battery and eventually overhauling it (I gather that these are from the late '90s). I look forward to finding it a good strap.

This DW-9600 scratches an itch I've had for a screwback G-Shock ever since I learned about them. True to its specs, it is about the same size as my G-2300 -- maybe even a smidge smaller. Its photos make it look much bigger, IMO. This DW-9600 has a titanium back, making it a little lighter than it's all-steel cousins I'm guessing. Its display is not as good as on my G-2300: its contrast is lower and the LCD segments are finer. Lume: TBD.

I found this on eBay by paging through low priced G-Shock listings. First, these DW-9600s seem to go for low figures -- I don't know why. Next, the owner hadn't included its model number in the listing, so it was kind of lost to anybody looking for this model. Finally, the owner couldn't light the lume, presumably due to an old battery, and that fault was factored into the price -- props to the owner for disclosing that fact.

So now I have a fun project watch!
IMG_3054-1.JPG
59yukon01
MoT Member

Post by 59yukon01 »

New arrival on a Drunkartstrap canvas.[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... c57747.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

This arrived this morning...have a feeling my other watches will not get must wrist time for while. The ONLY thing that would improve this watch is drilled lugs.

[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/06/aVlN0.jpg[/img]
[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/06/aVwD6.jpg[/img]
[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/06/aVGeq.jpg[/img]
[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/06/aVgyF.jpg[/img]
[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/06/aVFHr.jpg[/img]
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Blue
MoT Member

Post by Blue »

Blue wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:37 pm My eBay deal Seiko Presage power reserve arrived today.

I'm smitten by the beautiful dial, but less so by the "leather" strap. I'll most likely pick up the new Strapcode jubilee bracelet... it looks stunning and will elevate this watch to a whole new level (IMO).

[img]https://i.ibb.co/ynK2ybg/ssa343-1.jpg[/img]
FYI, I've decided to put this one for sale if anyone might be interested.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=246
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.” ― Akira Kurosawa