We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by MoT »

McLovin wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:10 pm Just in and back to Macys it goes. That is just ridiculous. Image
They have to be doing it on purpose now.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

McLovin wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:10 pm Just in and back to Macys it goes. That is just ridiculous. Image
Good ol’ Seiko. Sorry for your frustrations lol.
Landed_Alien
MoT Member

Post by Landed_Alien »

First, apologies for not being engaged in the forum over the summer - life has been getting in the way, thankfully not in a bad way. I've been enjoying the longer daylight in the evenings.

I've bought a couple of new watches recently that I've not posted about. First is something I don't really consider a watch, even though I know it is. I don't keep it in my watch boxes, it didn't come out my watch budget, instead for me it's a specific tool. I'm a trail runner and I heavily use a GPS watch for navigation purposes. For the last 5+ years I've been using a Suunto Ambit3 which in it's day was well respected. Unfortunately Suunto has changed its strategy as its moved from a browser based portal to a phone app, but hasn't backported all the features, at least not for all of its watches. I can no longer preload routes onto the watch, so it really lost an important part of its functionality for me. Anyway, I spent a bunch of time reading up on the newer Garmin, Suunto, Coros watches so I thought I post my new Coros Apex Pro here in case any of you have any questions about GPS watches, or why I picked this one.
20210926_150954_r.jpg
Last edited by Landed_Alien on Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Landed_Alien
MoT Member

Post by Landed_Alien »

Second purchase this summer, just a week ago, and it hasn't left my wrist since. I intended on picking this up at the end of the year. It's becoming increasingly harder and harder to get hold of, and so I asked my local Rolex AD to put me down on their waitlist about 3 months ago. I hadn't heard a peep out of them, but I was in my local Omega/GS AD last weekend and they had just gotten one for someone else but they'd decided the day before not to buy it so it was out in the display case. Rather than wait on my Rolex AD (to try to build more equity with them), I just though a bird in the hand... and grabbed it.
20210926_150846_r.jpg
This has caused me to look again at my burgeoning collection, and put aside 8 watches that I think I'll sell soon. I love all my watch children equally, but there's a guilt to not wearing them. Or forcing yourself into a rotation that's just too spread - I could wear a different watch each day of the month at the moment. Our hobby definitely screws with us sometime - I have a bunch of other possessions that I don't feel bad about having spares, or too many of - what's wrong with us? :?
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

Landed_Alien wrote:Second purchase this summer, just a week ago, and it hasn't left my wrist since. I intended on picking this up at the end of the year. It's becoming increasingly harder and harder to get hold of, and so I asked my local Rolex AD to put me down on their waitlist about 3 months ago. I hadn't heard a peep out of them, but I was in my local Omega/GS AD last weekend and they had just gotten one for someone else but they'd decided the day before not to buy it so it was out in the display case. Rather than wait on my Rolex AD (to try to build more equity with them), I just though a bird in the hand... and grabbed it.
20210926_150846_r.jpg
This has caused me to look again at my burgeoning collection, and put aside 8 watches that I think I'll sell soon. I love all my watch children equally, but there's a guilt to not wearing them. Or forcing yourself into a rotation that's just too spread - I could wear a different watch each day of the month at the moment. Our hobby definitely screws with us sometime - I have a bunch of other possessions that I don't feel bad about having spares, or too many of - what's wrong with us? :?
Looks fantastic
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Landed_Alien wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:10 pm Second purchase this summer, just a week ago, and it hasn't left my wrist since. I intended on picking this up at the end of the year. It's becoming increasingly harder and harder to get hold of, and so I asked my local Rolex AD to put me down on their waitlist about 3 months ago. I hadn't heard a peep out of them, but I was in my local Omega/GS AD last weekend and they had just gotten one for someone else but they'd decided the day before not to buy it so it was out in the display case. Rather than wait on my Rolex AD (to try to build more equity with them), I just though a bird in the hand... and grabbed it.

20210926_150846_r.jpg

Make sure to post those in the Bazaar when you're ready to sell them!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Landed_Alien wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:10 pm Second purchase this summer, just a week ago, and it hasn't left my wrist since. I intended on picking this up at the end of the year. It's becoming increasingly harder and harder to get hold of, and so I asked my local Rolex AD to put me down on their waitlist about 3 months ago. I hadn't heard a peep out of them, but I was in my local Omega/GS AD last weekend and they had just gotten one for someone else but they'd decided the day before not to buy it so it was out in the display case. Rather than wait on my Rolex AD (to try to build more equity with them), I just though a bird in the hand... and grabbed it.

20210926_150846_r.jpg

Looks great and good to have you back! I'm guessing I know where you picked it up. Did they work with you on price? Last time I was there they came down a little on Tudors, but not much.
Landed_Alien
MoT Member

Post by Landed_Alien »

Stretch44 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:20 pm Looks great and good to have you back! I'm guessing I know where you picked it up. Did they work with you on price? Last time I was there they came down a little on Tudors, but not much.
Yep, I got at CHP. No flexibility on price for this. I didn't really expect to, but I did try and work them. They knew they'd easily sell it at MSRP within a couple of days so there was no room for wiggle.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Landed_Alien wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:13 pm
Stretch44 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:20 pm Looks great and good to have you back! I'm guessing I know where you picked it up. Did they work with you on price? Last time I was there they came down a little on Tudors, but not much.
Yep, I got at CHP. No flexibility on price for this. I didn't really expect to, but I did try and work them. They knew they'd easily sell it at MSRP within a couple of days so there was no room for wiggle.
Yes, welcome back, @Landed_Alien. I was just wondering how you were doing. That BB58 looks fantastic. Even though I sold the BB58 OG, I have been thinking about getting this or the 925 (or the BB36). Great watch! Enjoy. :)
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

20210926_150846_r.jpg

"Real life" gets in the way sometimes, but I'm happy to see you're still around.

The P01 or blue BB58 is a grail watch for me. I'm equally thrilled and jealous that you got one. :shock:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Landed_Alien
MoT Member

Post by Landed_Alien »

pdsf wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:40 am Yes, welcome back, @Landed_Alien. I was just wondering how you were doing. That BB58 looks fantastic. Even though I sold the BB58 OG, I have been thinking about getting this or the 925 (or the BB36). Great watch! Enjoy. :)
Yeah, I'd love to see the 925 in person. I've been around a few places hoping to see it but no luck yet. It's meant to be stunning. Although I'm not sure I'd get over the fact that it's a dive watch without a bracelet.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Landed_Alien wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:40 pm
pdsf wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:40 am Yes, welcome back, @Landed_Alien. I was just wondering how you were doing. That BB58 looks fantastic. Even though I sold the BB58 OG, I have been thinking about getting this or the 925 (or the BB36). Great watch! Enjoy. :)
Yeah, I'd love to see the 925 in person. I've been around a few places hoping to see it but no luck yet. It's meant to be stunning. Although I'm not sure I'd get over the fact that it's a dive watch without a bracelet.
I heard a watch friend in my city just purchased a 925 so maybe one day I will get to see it. There is a thread on WUS that has pictures of the silver tarnish (and of course a lively discussion about it). I am still not sure if that were to happen, whether it would bother me or not.

Thanks for sharing your pic of the Coros. I had not heard of them. I think their prices are more reasonable than Garmin (and at least they do a 42mm!). Similar to how you feel about a dive watch without a bracelet, I prefer a smart watch that's solar powered, but alas the ones by Garmin are too pricy for me.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Hamilton Intra Matic Champagne Dial H38455501 arrived a few days ago. It's pretty. The strap is supple and it's not black but rather a dark coffee brown. It feels very nice on skin. Crown is buttery smooth.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

The Seiko from the Greentoe deal posted by @BATMAN arrived today. I hoped it would be aligned, but this is Seiko, right :roll:. Still a pretty cool watch for the price, if you accept the possibilities...but it really doesn’t scratch my BB36 itch (if that helps @Miggyd87).

Miggyd87
MoT Member

Post by Miggyd87 »

Split-Time wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:50 pm The Seiko from the Greentoe deal posted by @BATMAN arrived today. I hoped it would be aligned, but this is Seiko, right :roll:. Still a pretty cool watch for the price, if you accept the possibilities...but it really doesn’t scratch my BB36 itch (if that helps @Miggyd87).

I seriously considered this deal solely because of my desire for a BB36 in blue. I also promised myself, this time, I wouldn't cop out and buy something else that's close or "gives the same feel".

So the deal has passed, and I'm considering myself $150 closer to a BB36 because of it.

It does look very good though.

Enjoy it and if you wanna off load it, you know where to find me. ;)