We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by tommy_boy »

Sure. It is a review-worthy watch.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

The white dial HKFM arrived from River Edge Jewelers. I love this thing already. I don't know, there's just something neat about having a watch and an inverse of that watch.

Sorry for crummy photos, I got done with work too late to catch the magic hour and was too lazy to deal with glare.

Living a comeback montage.
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

peskydonut wrote:The white dial HKFM arrived from River Edge Jewelers. I love this thing already. I don't know, there's just something neat about having a watch and an inverse of that watch.

Sorry for crummy photos, I got done with work too late to catch the magic hour and was too lazy to deal with glare.

You’ve got a great pair there! [emoji6]
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

peskydonut wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:38 pm The white dial HKFM arrived from River Edge Jewelers. I love this thing already. I don't know, there's just something neat about having a watch and an inverse of that watch.

Looks great. Any chance you can tell if your new white version has the standard ETA movement?

Edit: From everything I'm seeing online the white versions all have the newer movement.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

mplsabdullah wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:23 am
peskydonut wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:38 pm The white dial HKFM arrived from River Edge Jewelers. I love this thing already. I don't know, there's just something neat about having a watch and an inverse of that watch.

Looks great. Any chance you can tell if your new white version has the standard ETA movement?

Edit: From everything I'm seeing online the white versions all have the newer movement.
I haven't cracked the case open, but I'm fairly certain this an H-50. The ref number is H69439411 and the back the case says H694390.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

quincas wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:13 am
peskydonut wrote:The white dial HKFM arrived from River Edge Jewelers. I love this thing already. I don't know, there's just something neat about having a watch and an inverse of that watch.

You’ve got a great pair there! [emoji6]
If I had a nickel for every time...
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Nice straps those are on too!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:37 am

Thanks! These thin Martu Leather straps are so comfortable. I'd like to get some new 2-piece canvas straps to closer match the military esthetic. Looking for something maybe a little more "interesting" than the standard Barton, Clockwork Synergy, etc canvas straps. I really like this one by EK Straps, but not quite sure I want to spend the hand-made premium right now (though that one is pretty reasonably priced). We'll see.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

peskydonut wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:54 am

Thanks! These thin Martu Leather straps are so comfortable. I'd like to get some new 2-piece canvas straps to closer match the military esthetic. Looking for something maybe a little more "interesting" than the standard Barton, Clockwork Synergy, etc canvas straps. I really like this one by EK Straps, but not quite sure I want to spend the hand-made premium right now (though that one is pretty reasonably priced). We'll see.

I might suggest the two-piece Cordura and Leather straps from Vario.
[mention]ManOnTime[/mention] has one of these, so he can weigh in on the quality.

https://vario.sg/collections/2-piece-co ... atch-strap

Right now, they have their Spring/Summer Sale through the end of this month.

1 Strap - 8% OFF (Use VARIO8 during check out)
2 Straps - 15% OFF (automated discount)
3 Straps - 20% OFF
4 Straps - 25% OFF

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:19 am

@ManOnTime has one of these, so he can weigh in on the quality.

3 Straps - 20% OFF
4 Straps - 25% OFF

Thanks! Definitely considering those. Would be curious to hear how comfortable they are.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

That's just awesome and your fist picture is fantastic. I would love to own one of these but would have a hard time choosing. They both look great! And your straps rock 8-) .
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

peskydonut wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:58 am
TheJohnP wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:19 am

@ManOnTime has one of these, so he can weigh in on the quality.

3 Straps - 20% OFF
4 Straps - 25% OFF

Thanks! Definitely considering those. Would be curious to hear how comfortable they are.

I have an olive one that I've worn with my Glycine Combat Vintage. It's the only Cordura strap I've had, so I really don't have anything to compare it to. However, I would say that it balances stiffness Vs. pliability very nicely.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Gorem
MoT Member

Post by Gorem »

just got my citizen from River Edge Jewelers. Great experience buying from them
Fast shipping, good price and a great watch :D

k.crabbe
MoT Member

Post by k.crabbe »

Got my new Woman's Eterna in the other day. [mention]cairoanan[/mention] posted a deal and I like the look and the 36mm size is great for me. It wears a little bigger being it's all face. I got the bracelet too, but I started sizing that and realized it was going to be a rough go. The pins are collared about halfway down. I get the pins about halfway out with a pusher and then they won't budge. Not even pulling with pliers. So I put it on a black Fluco lizard grain I had laying around. Nice watch all around. Solid build, sapphire, and a 5 jewel Ronda quartz movement. Date flips exactly at midnight. Here's a couple bad photos:

cairoanan
MoT Member

Post by cairoanan »

k.crabbe wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:58 pm Got my new Woman's Eterna in the other day. @cairoanan posted a deal and I like the look and the 36mm size is great for me. It wears a little bigger being it's all face. I got the bracelet too, but I started sizing that and realized it was going to be a rough go. The pins are collared about halfway down. I get the pins about halfway out with a pusher and then they won't budge. Not even pulling with pliers. So I put it on a black Fluco lizard grain I had laying around. Nice watch all around. Solid build, sapphire, and a 5 jewel Ronda quartz movement. Date flips exactly at midnight. Here's a couple bad photos:

Dude! That looks great on you!