As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Show Off Your New Watch

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: Show Off Your New Watch

Post by Split-Time »

k.crabbe wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:58 pm Got my new Woman's Eterna in the other day. @cairoanan posted a deal and I like the look and the 36mm size is great for me. It wears a little bigger being it's all face. I got the bracelet too, but I started sizing that and realized it was going to be a rough go. The pins are collared about halfway down. I get the pins about halfway out with a pusher and then they won't budge. Not even pulling with pliers. So I put it on a black Fluco lizard grain I had laying around. Nice watch all around. Solid build, sapphire, and a 5 jewel Ronda quartz movement. Date flips exactly at midnight. Here's a couple bad photos:

That is a really good looking watch. Congrats!
k.crabbe
MoT Member

Post by k.crabbe »

Thanks Fellas. It looks much nicer than the photos show.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

The thing I hate about field watches is that they are just so easy to read. These two watches from Electric nail it. Thin white hands on a white dial and dark grey markers on a black dial are where it is at. Come on Sinn, you could learn a thing or two here.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Sporkboy wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:38 am The thing I hate about field watches is that they are just so easy to read. These two watches from Electric nail it. Thin white hands on a white dial and dark grey markers on a black dial are where it is at. Come on Sinn, you could learn a thing or two here.

That one on the left = winner of most pathetic handset ever. If only it came into the possession of some dude with a knack for modding that could right such a wrong. 🤔
TCAL4404
MoT Member

Post by TCAL4404 »

Sporkboy wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:38 am The thing I hate about field watches is that they are just so easy to read. These two watches from Electric nail it. Thin white hands on a white dial and dark grey markers on a black dial are where it is at. Come on Sinn, you could learn a thing or two here.

hah I thought the same, I got the field watch & black field watch. pathetic legibility
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

yinzburgher wrote:

That one on the left = winner of most pathetic handset ever. If only it came into the possession of some dude with a knack for modding that could right such a wrong. [emoji848]
As you know, I didn’t purchase these for the handsets or dials, so I should be able to put these into circulation some day with dramatically improved readability.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

By way of Covid Express snail pace processing and delivery.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

joelf15
MoT Member

Post by joelf15 »

k.crabbe wrote:Got my new Woman's Eterna in the other day. [mention]cairoanan[/mention] posted a deal and I like the look and the 36mm size is great for me. It wears a little bigger being it's all face. I got the bracelet too, but I started sizing that and realized it was going to be a rough go. The pins are collared about halfway down. I get the pins about halfway out with a pusher and then they won't budge. Not even pulling with pliers. So I put it on a black Fluco lizard grain I had laying around. Nice watch all around. Solid build, sapphire, and a 5 jewel Ronda quartz movement. Date flips exactly at midnight. Here's a couple bad photos:

Looks stunning! Great find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Osteoman
MoT Member

Post by Osteoman »

Gorem wrote:just got my citizen from River Edge Jewelers. Great experience buying from them
Fast shipping, good price and a great watch :D

You will love this watch. Wears a little big but it's great. I love mine.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

k.crabbe wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:58 pm Got my new Woman's Eterna in the other day. @cairoanan posted a deal and I like the look and the 36mm size is great for me. It wears a little bigger being it's all face. I got the bracelet too, but I started sizing that and realized it was going to be a rough go. The pins are collared about halfway down. I get the pins about halfway out with a pusher and then they won't budge. Not even pulling with pliers. So I put it on a black Fluco lizard grain I had laying around. Nice watch all around. Solid build, sapphire, and a 5 jewel Ronda quartz movement. Date flips exactly at midnight. Here's a couple bad photos:

I had a hard time not pulling the trigger on this watch love the look and size.

You need to use a friction pin punch that is small enough to go through the collar.

I start with a thicker punch or watch link tool to get the pin down to the collar than switch to the smaller size punch to get the pin through the collar.
k.crabbe
MoT Member

Post by k.crabbe »

tjcdas wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:30 pm

I had a hard time not pulling the trigger on this watch love the look and size.

You need to use a friction pin punch that is small enough to go through the collar.

I start with a thicker punch or watch link tool to get the pin down to the collar than switch to the smaller size punch to get the pin through the collar.
Thanks [mention]tjcdas[/mention]. I figured I'd have to do something like that. I've run into this a few times. Just nothing this extreme. I'll get it eventually, but will really have to be in the mood to do it. :)
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Gorem wrote:just got my citizen from River Edge Jewelers. Great experience buying from them
Fast shipping, good price and a great watch :D

I love these colors!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
Guyinwatch
MoT Member

Post by Guyinwatch »

wrong thread
trinhlemai
Brand Rep

Post by trinhlemai »

My new buddy
Is there Seiko lover here?

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

trinhlemai wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:30 pm My new buddy
Is there Seiko lover here?

I think you'll find quite a few Seiko lovers here.

I'm still waiting for my strap to arrive, and when it does I'll show it on a couple of mine.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody